1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Storing - Query Re: Longevity of Dried Truffles, Etc.

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Fenrir, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Fenrir

Fenrir Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from austria
    Hi,

I have left a mass of dried magic truffles for 6 months in a side-room, exposed to some indirect daily sunlight. How long does it take for it to lose its potency? Also, the truffles I bought were claimed to be of the Hollandia variety, but others online claim this is a fraud- please explain.... Lastly, I have found an online dosage calculator, with the hollandia category missing(I read that one should put in tampanensis sclerotia instead). What should I do if I make a mistake and find I have overdosed? All I read was that one should drink something very sugary(like freshly squeezed orange juice?). Any other tips? Would gulping lots of water and then vomiting heavily into the toilet within an hour of consumption work? Cheers.

2. pseudoscience

pseudoscience Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    have you decided anything on those truffles? share the experience!

theoretically speaking they could lose some potency if they were stored in open air. but I haven't tried dried truffles. once I heard of drying them but they didn't look good so nobody wanted to eat them.

haven't tried Hollandia yet, allegedly this is the most potent strain. I tried Utopia which are supposed to be nearly as strong as Hollandia. they were quite strong at ca. 10g dose (fresh). hard to say if they were stronger than Tampanensis... it's a different experience everytime and dose (strain) is only one of the factors influencing that.

eating shrooms with an intension of vomiting them at some point doesn't sound like a good idea (in terms of set&setting). the come up may feel intense even at low doses. I would try some of them in peaceful enviroment & quiet mindset and just enjoy the experience.