Drug info - Question about Alcohol and the Courts

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Entwistle, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Entwistle

Entwistle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I need to prove in court that they no longer have a drink problem, does anyone know how they could go about doing this, they are in court over access to their baby, they can't see just going to AA helping as this is anonymous and therefore nothing can be disclosed and they have been know to lie about what they do/do not do so saying they attend would not be sufficient proof.

Any advice would be very welcome.

2. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Question

Therapy - A therapist could serve as character witness if you see them regularily regarding the alcoholism. A stint in Rehab is also a popular approach to show the courts your commitment to "sober" life.

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

Unfortunately people have to go to these ridiculous lengths just in order to prove they've kicked a habit. It seems good old cold turkey willpower isn't acceptable anymore. The AA is one of the most disturbing institutions in existence when it comes to curing people's addictions. It's basically Bible Camp.

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Thread title changed:

From the rules:

• Use descriptive Topic Subject. This will help others find what they want to read. Topics with bad Topic subjects may be deleted! - there's nothing more annoying than looking at all those stupid "A stupid question" subject lines. I mean, I'm damn lazy, but how hard is it to type "A stupid question about (insert something here)"? As a rule of thumb, most thread titles should include the full name of the drug discussed.

A rule many tend to forget will cause a mass of warnings soon...Rules are here:

https://drugs-forum.com/wiki/The_Rules