Question about lightbulb vaporizer

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by dark_mirage, Jun 15, 2006.

1. dark_mirage

dark_mirage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from Canada
    I'm making a homemade vaporizer out of a lightbulb. I cut the bottom part off and took out the glass and metal pieces inside, but I noticed there is this green clay-like stuff inside the metal part, I managed to chip most of it out, but there's still some inside. So my question is what is this, and is it safe to use a bulb with this stuff in it. And if not, how do I get it out of the bulb?

2. pooper77

pooper77 Newbie

Reputation Points:
  3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Use salt to rinse out the inside of the lightbulb before use.

4. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    no swim knows wat ur talkin about the green shit inside the metal part, swim cant figure out how to get it out, I had the same question and just utfse cant find anything, Is it toxic, its like copper green

5. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I don't worry about it when he makes his. The heat usually doesn't travel far enough up the bulb to give off any toxic fumes.
    Just don't light the metal part.. haha (Not even sure what this material is, but I'm sure it isn't good to smoke)

6. flyin'high

flyin'high Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Sorry to bring up such an old thread but I was also wondering if this green like plaster substance is toxic. I believe that it probably is toxic, but like someone said the heat will not melt it or cause it to make any fumes.

PS

I am new :)

7. Zombie_Terri_Schaivo

Zombie_Terri_Schaivo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Don't even worry about the green crap, just make sure to get all the white powder out of the bulb with salt and water.

When SWIM made his, SWIM just ignored it and it worked fine. SWIM just doesn't like lightbulb vapes because I feel like I am smoking meth, and clear glasswear gives SWIM the willies.