Question about poppy seed tea.

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by coolman899, Nov 9, 2006.

1. coolman899

coolman899 Guest

Reputation Points:
    I have a question about poppy seed tea. Is it dangerious? I have heard people dieing from it from an morphine overdose. Because some bags of seeds contain more morphine than others so you can't really tell how much you are doing. What dose is recommended for someone who is new to this

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Most people will agree that poppy seed tea itself is not very strong and not worth using. Poppy pod tea however works, but can be dangerous, and the risk is just as You said, that the pods vary from batch to batch. I think that 3 pods would work for a tea but to drink it slowly, over the course of time, and don't try to finish the whole thing at once, since there will be little way to guage the effects. With poppy seeds I tried at least 5 g of seeds and didn't feel much of anything...

3. coolman899

coolman899 Guest

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the reply :)

4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Anytime. the thing with the seeds is that the seeds themselves do not contain opiate alkaloids. Any psychoactive effect is due to pod residue on unwashed seeds. Certain brands do not wash the residue off the seeds so it MAY be possible to make a weak tea with a large amount of them, but the experimentation involved coupled with the weak high makes it not really worth the effort.

If You does decide to go ahead and use pods, please be careful. The tea is just as addictive and dangerous as morphine on its own. Perhaps even more dangerous due to its unpredictable strength and complex pharmacology (due to many alkaloids present in the latex).

5. vitamin

vitamin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    for poppy seed "tea" I use 1lbs (454grams) of seed (cost 5$). Just like 7-10 mg of Hydrocodone. With less stomach problems . I have got it down to where swim can make and drink it in 5 minutes give or take. Mix with Lemonade and it masks the horible oily taste. Not all seeds are the same. I am not sure seed companies wash poppy seed as it takes the flavor right off of them and they clump together.

6. ironmics

ironmics Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    Swim's used poppy seed tea very effectively to kill pain, but never for an opiate high since he's a bit scared. I think the death the original poster is referring to is the famous one of the kid using seeds. He used like 3 pounds though or something outrageous.