question about prescription

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by Donmeka, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I have been struggling with a mental disorder for a long time and has been mistreated recently he believes and has quit his medication for the past 2 weeks or so. SWIM came to the conclusion that the meds did not do much at all considering how he felt on and off them. he has been prescribed benzos as well which have worked well but does not solve a lot of my problems. I have read up on ADD/ADHD and believes he carries a lot of symptoms considering his childhood/schooling past and how he feels at the present moment.

I will be seeing the doctor tomorrow and bringing in some things from the adderall site to talk with the doc. I want to still receive benzos because of 2) panic attacks and 2) sleep. benzos help SWIM much when he feels overly anxious or cannot sleep.

I am curious to see if amphetamine makes me able to concentrate better and calm him and his thoughts and allow him to go on with things he wants to do. currently it is like I have goals but feels like he cannot get to them or they take too much effort. like at work or in his daily life. he wants to progress but somehow cannot.

my question is can SWIM be prescribed both adderal (or w/e my doc suggests) and a benzo (last 1 I was given is ativan which he will ask to raise to 2mg instead of 1mg) even though one is a CNS stimulant and the other a depressant?

2. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o

well, adderall/amphetamine is going to calm any one down and allow them to be more productive...ANYONE, but the whole feeling of not feeling like they can get things done is called (in the most scientific term, Life) we all deal with it, and we all do it differently.

if You must have the adderall swim suggests not taking it every day.

3. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I understand it does that to anyone and its not just the feeling recently, its been going on for quite some time since SWIM messed up his schooling and had to take an alternate route of graduation.

SWIM just like with his benzos does not over indulge or indulge everyday, if he does more than 1 day in a row he takes breaks.

4. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I went to a therapist yeseterday and he is goin in next week for an ADHD test. I want to ask what should he expect from this "test"?

5. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM's going to guess the test would consist of questions about difficulties concentrating, finishing tasks, etc. A sort of ADHD screener, if you will.

As far as the adderall and benzos go, I know some folk who have been prescribed both by the same doctor. Just make sure to stay within the bounds of the dosages stated by the doctor.

6. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    the thersapist felt the lorazepam prescribed is of positive use but she said if we were to continue the psych would monitor drug dosage, and I have already been through a questionnare which has brought her to suspect that ADHD maybe a problem. so i wanted to see if anyone knew what these "testings" are not so he can cheat but more so just know what hes getting into

7. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    went through the testingbut the psych in the same practice was far from a good one. got a new one and told him the problems along with my belief on Anti Depressants.

so he decided to give SWIM adderall at 10mg because I said he treid strattera and it did nothing. the psychs first choice was methylphenidate but I said he had heard positive results about adderall. and the psy was very understanding and said ok lets give that a shot.

They are the blue E 111s made by EON LABS. I am not interested in recreational use just yet but is there anything about the EONs that are different? SWIM notices when his hand was kinda sweaty holding one the blue seemed to rub off rather smoothly

8. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Also I am still currently prescribed alprazolam at 1mg along with the 10mg adderall. SWM was offered extended release xanax but he refused on account of he does not want something in his system for such a long period of time.

9. Myzel

Myzel Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Question I has tried the doctor route and only thing that I has got was straterra and it sucks. I know that adderal or the like would make my life managable.. My doc will not perscribe even ritilan. So swim looked up a phycholgist that says she specializes in add and says she wants to meet with swim. But can phycholigist perscribe meds or is swim going to go in there and talk about a bounch of shit that I dont want to???

10. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    for one you have to find the right psych, some just will not prescribe it no matter what. im lucky to have found a good understanding psych without much of a search. 2nd its up to you rly just formulate what you want to say to him(DO NOT LIE, I AM NOT ADVISING YOU TO LIE) get your thoughts together and dont be assertive.

what i did was when he kept saying things like strattera or other ADs i did not lie to him i just told him that i will not take any type of Anti Depressant and that it was just a personal belief of mine. and as a goood psych he respected my veiws and said "well the only thing we can try is the stimulants" and SWIM nodded and said "sure" he first mentioned ritalin and I said no hes heard good things from a friend about adderall. and with the swiftness of his pen he prescribed 10mg along with my original Rx of 1mg alprazolam.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  11. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    SWIM really cant remember if a psychologist can prescribe like a psychiatrist.

a psychologist is a person trained and educated to perform psychological research, testing, and therapy. so he will be asking you questions and whatnot so go with it and then he will tell you what is the best route to take. i dont rly know since i saw a psychiatrist only.

12. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    No. A psychologist is not an MD and cannot prescribe.

13. CCCP

CCCP Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    amphetamines and benzos can be taken simultaneously.

the stimulant does not effect the anxiolytic effect of the benzo, however it will effect its sedative effect.

14. sw2431

sw2431 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have been on all kinds of crazy combos of med. amphetamines and benzos being taken by a person of average health is supposed to be safe. swim found that that combo of amphs and benzos did wonders for attention, anxiety, depression, lack of motivation and just having a better mood during everyday life. although taking amphs for reason like lack of motivations for everyday tasks which You mentioned can lead to a vicious decline of any shred of motivation that is left in You while not on the amphs which can quickly shift into drug dependance, so watch out for the feeling not being able to function with out taking the amphetamines cause that feeling sucks alot

15. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    SWIm trys not to take the amph evryday. what he tries to do is 2 days on maybe 10-20mg then a day or 2 off. this seems to work good for him and helps him get up to work at 5am.

I know the see saw of amphetamines and drugs alike and the control it takes. he respects his medicine.