question about the smoke.

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by vantranist, Jul 27, 2006.

1. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
  2. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    DMT vaporizes at 185C. That means it will condense on the sidewalls of any container below that temperature. So for efficiently storing it in vapor form without condensation loss, it would be necessary to maintain the entire smoke-filled container at 185C. Not impossible, but not convenient...

3. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    and causing it to be no less harsh because it wont cool down. ;)

:joint:

4. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Is DMT really that harsh? I haven't tried it yet but is wondering how hard it is to smoke.

How strong is the smoke compared to salvia likesay?

5. quantumbrujo

quantumbrujo Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    54 y/o
    It is somewhat harsh when smoked in a glass bubble pipe,but when sandwitched between two layers of ash and smoked in a ghetto style plastic bottle crack pipe with aluminum foil,it's smooth as hell.

6. Djvr16

Djvr16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I didn't find the vapor to be harsh at all, just numbing and plastic tasting. Salvia is much worse in his opinion.

7. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    The smell is not pleasant, but it is tolerable.

I think that people tend to exagerate the harshness of the smoke. I thought he was going to have trouble his first time, but it was no problem at all to hit the pipe slowly and consistently and hold the vapro in for as long as you can comprehend reality...

8. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Does You or anyone else have trouble exhaling as the trip kicks in? It is a major worry of swim as he has heard that you can forget to exhale it is so intense.

Is this a problem for many?

9. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    This has never been a problem for SWIM. Exhaling will be the natural thing to do.

I have never found the smoke to be too harsh, but many of his friends have. The DMT they smoked was never recrystallized or washed with ammonia, so they say, so the extra lye might have added to the harshness. I have smoked yellow impure crystals and he still didnt think the taste was very harsh. The impure yellow stuff still gets you high as a kite too;) If you are worried about the harsh plastic taste of the DMT smoke, you should definitely try and clean up the final product.

SWIM as only smoked dmt, but he really wants to take it via IV, or orally with an MAOI. Snorting DMT is another option, but SWIM once snorted a tiny bit to see how much it burned his nose, and the pain was intense. I would not want to go into a DMT trip with his nose feeling like fire ants had just crawled up it.

The smoke does seem to make SWIM produce a lot of mucus though. Sometimes when the trip is over I will have a huge load of spit in his mouth. Once SWIM comes back to reality, he can still taste the DMT. The taste can stay in the back of your throat for a good while.

I like smoking because of the quick onset, so he can only imagine what DMT IV would be like. I want to do some research on his own and see how powerful .4mg/kg is.

10. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    yes I would really like some info on how to IV some DMT safley aswell.

11. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Go to the Spirit Molecule thread and check out the pdf file of the book.

Dr. Strassman describes how he injects the DMT, as well as appropriate dose. It is quite risky though, and you need to both calculate dose exactly and know what you are doing.

Not really recommended unless you are extremely familiar with both psychedelics and IV drugs. Even then, it doesn't seem like the best thing to do in a recreational setting. IM injection takes a little longer to hit but may be safer.

Check the link in the other thread and see if you can find the part where he explains the difference between the forms of DMT ingestion and how he performed them. I'll check my copy and give more information after.

BajEdit: https://drugs-forum.com/threads/4546
    http://www.bestsharing.com/files/ms...ick - DMT The Spirit Molecule (2001).pdf.html

12. TheAngryGolfer

TheAngryGolfer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The stuff is harsh. it combines the "heaviness" of tobacco smoke with the harshness of old weed smoke. and it has a very strange taste. It can be very unpleasant to smoke. regardless of how cleaned up it is, it is still quite harsh. I find it tolerable. not everyone else does though. A friend of SWIM's who he introduced to the spice had to be literally forced to keep going after the first hit. He thanked SWIM five minutes later though :D

SWIM actually enjoys the taste in a weird way.

13. trip.more

trip.more Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    way stronger than salvia. One You inhales he will want to exhale at least the first time.

14. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    Like SWIraven3davis said, exhaling is a natural thing to do. The problem I have found is beng able to understand the "take one more hit" from everyone around SWY as reality fades away.

The first time I smoked DMT he was expecting it to be a lot worse than it actually was. To SWIM, smoking a low quality blunt full of schwag is far worse than any DMT smoke!

;)

15. Djvr16

Djvr16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It sure does smell up the room. How I would like to hit some DMT right now :-( Maybe he has another extraction in the near future.

16. quantumbrujo

quantumbrujo Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    54 y/o
    yeah, it makes the room smell like the air taken out from an old tire.