Question concerning wierd chemicals :P

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by Humanity, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humanity

Humanity Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from estonia
    Thing is... I am quite new to the whole "drug-world" and while randomly browsing these forums with evergrowing interest, SWIM often stumbles upon supposed compounds/drugs such as:

5-MeO-AMT
    2C-I
    4-HO-MiPT
    2C-C
    5-MeO-MiPT
    2C-B (<--- is this sometimes referred to as "the bees" ? ^^)

Coould anyone provide SWIM with a link to a place where it can explain these? Or maybe take the time to write something about these yourself? I had no idea there could be so many... thingamajiggies.
    What do they mean?
    So confused :)

PS: Reason for posting in this forum is because I didn't want to spam any other place and didn't know what subforum these "things" would belong to.

2. skaterdienick

skaterdienick Newbie

Reputation Points:
    try looking in the research chem forum

or just use the search.

3. Shiacmkmleer

Shiacmkmleer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    for real if you google or forum search any of them you get a result (for google the first or second one is almost always good on the forum you genearlly dont find general things in the first couple results)

4. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    For the 2C- chems look in the Phenethylamines, forum, for the others try the Tryptamines, both sub-fora of the Research Chemicals forum.

Good ol' Erowid is always a good fount of knowledge too, with info on law, chemistry, experiences & whatnot.

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Better yet: Import a copy of the book: PIHKAL by Alexander Shulgin. It will explain the naming system of many of these, and provide a wonderful story to you at the same time. Then the second book is titled: TIHKAL. This continues your education regards what we are talking about.

6. Humanity

Humanity Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from estonia
    Import? >.< you nuts? :D

That's so yesterday's news, gonna download or something ;)

But thanks for all the information...

Anyone know anything regarding their avaiability in Europe? Where'd be the best place to go to get one's hand's on these beauties?

7. Micklemouse

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    The internet? Read The Rules. Source discussion is not allowed in the main fora, even for the few that are still uncontrolled in Europe.

Before thinking about buying some of these chemicals, there are a few things your Chimera needs. First he needs knowledge - of the law surrounding these chemicals in his area (Erowid often gives an overview, the EMCDDA site will probably give more of an idea), of the chemicals themselves - what they do, what their chemical names are (the fora I linked above, PIHKAL ("Phenethylamines I Have Known And Loved"), TIHKAL ("Tryptamines I Have Known And Loved"), which i believe are online on Erowid, will all aid your Chimera's education), & himself. Secondly he needs a decent calibrated electronic scale - more discussion again in the fora here that have already been linked to about what sort of measuring ability your Chimera should be looking for. These are often powerful chemicals with a very thin line between optimum & seriously toxic, potentially lethal, doses. Inaccurate weighing could lead to your Chimera becoming a statistic, & the chemical itself becoming illegal. If your Chimera can afford to be obtaining these chemicals, he can afford to obtain a decent scale.

A word about the Source forum & Sources in general. The Source forum is open to Gold members & above, & discusses only legal substances. The discussion of Sources outside of Gold members & the Source forum is against the Rules, & could lead to warnings or even being banned. This goes for private messages also.

8. Humanity

Humanity Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from estonia
    My pet rats plead forgiveness - they didn't mean it that way... like they want an adddress or anything, just maybe a hemisphere or something >.<

They would appreciate if You didn't ban them and they send their regards and thank you for the info.

9. Micklemouse

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Creep :D! 50 hail Shulgins should atone you in the eyes of the bored my child! And cos It's sunny & I'm feeling nice, here are some more links for ya...

PIHKAL

TIHKAL

A certain amount of chemical knowledge is useful when reading Sasha's tomes - e.g. knowing the difference between the levo & dextro isomers...

10. fastandbulbous

fastandbulbous Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Is there some rule about not mentioning Erowid? As that seems the logical place to point anyone towards

11. grandbaby

grandbaby Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    51 y/o
    And to recap, Erowid is a good source of info as well, handily sorted into categories. Make your way down the "Big Chart" starting with known chemicals and working toward the unknown, and you too will be a Jedi...

12. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I would add to all the others who have recommended erowid and the iHKALs. I think what Nog said was important too - he suggested buying Shulgin's books instead of reading them off the internet. Only the second chemistry-related parts are available in the public domain. The Part 1s give important background and explanation to these chemicals and I would say they are just as essential reading as the Part2. It's well worth buying a copy of each for your own reference.

13. Humanity

Humanity Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from estonia

Too bad I have no idea :(
    Wanna tell me? ^.^
    Aye, mateys, gonna be a looooooong evening... (evening here in Estonia anyway)

14. Humanity

Humanity Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from estonia
    As much as I didn't respect Shulgin and his works, even for a reference I find an HTML verion better :)
    I've never liked the concept of books, turning pages and junk :crazyNot even that really, but isn't it just more convenient to type ctrl+f and type for the key-word you're looking for...

Oh, and Mickey, as far as looking for info on legality from erowid, there's no point for me, Estonia is *always* left out :p And everything is illegal here, or should the Research Chemicals be different...legal?

Don't answer the last one, or I'll make an impression that I can't be bothered to read anything for myself.

Thanks again for all the replies :)

15. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  16. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    If you go back again and read what I wrote and you quoted you would see why. Less than half of each book is available online in HTML format. The rest is not public domain and the only way to access it is to buy a copy of the books yourself.

There's a lot of good information out there not in electronic format and it's a shame to stifle your education just because you don't like turning pages. :)

17. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    i believe Amazon will happily deliver your PiHKAL and TiHKAL hardcopies, even to Estonia where the summers are short...the best invest for your brain. i will not tolerate disrespect to the printed word in this here forum dammit! too lazy to turn the pages, more convenient pheh, lazyass kids these days, why i remember back in the day having to walk 10 miles through the snowdrifts so as to get a glimpse of the dude who had a photocopy of a copy of the sacred writings, buy da damm books!

1. 5/5,
      point well made
      Mar 13, 2007
  18. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Nope. Erowid is fine to link and reference. Just commercial sites and other forums with boards like this are verbotten.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.