Question on propylhexedrine (is it or is it not...?)

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by Nicaine, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    I haven't found too much info on propylhexedrine on the web (not surprising, given it's only used in one medication anymore), but Wikipedia appears to have conflicting information. On the main Benzedrex page they say:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzedrex
    *BUT* on the page for Benzedrine, they say:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzedrine
    Huh... hexahydromethamphetamine? So, is propylhexedrine an amphetamine or not? Or is it more a matter of semantics? I am not a chemistry-head so he could be waaaayyyyy off on that latter assumption. Anyway, thanks for anyone who can clear this up (although I am satisfied to assert that the propyl high *feels like* an amphetamine in most respects).

2. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    LOL... no doubt. Opinions may differ of course, but to SWIM the stuff is a sweet pleasure from start to finish ('cept maybe the first 15 minutes... too much unpleasant/noticeable increase in heart rate & blood pressure). He actually has lost the desire to ever do coke again, as long as he can tweak on propyl. It honestly kicks his dopamine receptors almost as hard.

P.S. thanks aminorex... a bit confusing, but makes more sense than it did before.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  3. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Nicaine have you successfully completed an extraction? I think it was you talking about trying one. SWIM very much enjoys propyl and would like to use an extraction for better administration, but has been too busy to experiment with extraction methods for himself.

4. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Nope, I haven't been able to find a decent local source for hydrochloric acid. It seems many swimming pool pH chemicals now use other ingredients. The best he could find was some "Tile Grout Cleaner" that contains HCl, but also lord knows what else. He thinks he's going to order a small amount online (soon) and then try an extraction. For now, he's cutting the cotton into very small pieces and stuffing it in capsules (only two needed per Benzedrex inhaler).

5. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Cool let us know if/when you do successfully extract it!