Question regarding recreational use of Methadone...

Discussion in 'Methadone' started by eon_blue, May 7, 2007.

1. eon_blue

eon_blue Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    I have recently acquired a handful of 10 mg Methadone pills.

Now, I have done a fair amount of research on Methadone and knows that it's lengthy half-life can cause problems for someone who might treat it like any other opiate.

Basically, I want to know how long one can use Methadone daily without having to worry about experiencing any sort of physical withdrawls?

For instance, I have taken the pills like this;

Day 1: 2 pills taken

Day 2: 1 pill taken

Day 3: none taken

Day 4 1 pill taken

It is now day 5 and I would like to know if it would be safe to indulge in another 2 or 3 pills and still be safe from physical dependency.

Thanks in advance

2. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    To be honest with you this is just how a habit starts.You should use caution from here on out,then again some people have a much higher potential to use opiates recreationally and not get a habit than others.

3. eon_blue

eon_blue Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    SWIM thanks you for your concern...SWIM's been a recreationally user of opiates for a couple years now and while never having had a physical dependency, he is well aware that he is just as vulnerable as anyone else. I do his best to keep it under control ;)

But if anyone has any information regarding how many consecutive uses of methadone can be taken before physical dependency develops, it would be much appreciated.

4. Orchid_Suspiria

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    How many consecutive uses?That would all depend on the person,theres now set ground here.That is why opiates,methadone especially should be approached with caution.I have been a slave to methadone on and off for a very long time now and trust SWIM when he tells you there is no joy in it!

5. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Listen to Orchid. The human body isn't a computer - everyone has a different metabolism and reaction. You have to know this is serious. You don't seem concerned, but you should be if you want to know answers like that.

6. Orchid_Suspiria

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    The problem with opiates is people approach it as a recreational thing and it might continue like that a time but getting addicted is so easy and it usually happens before you know it.

7. Laudaphun

Laudaphun Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    methadone is great for getting off of other opiates, but itself is pure hell to get off of. Be careful. If You is a very casual opiate user, I'd bet that the effects from 20 or 30mg of methadone last longer than 24 hours also.

8. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    SWIM's favorite cautionary post re: methadone (if the link works):

Link removed -- I've uploaded this to the files section under "Addiction"... then scroll down to "Methadone" for my PDF file. It's a heck of an eye opener.

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  9. SpaceCadetGlow

SpaceCadetGlow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I had basically followed SWIeon's pattern but for about a week and a half as opposed to four days. When swim stopped the methadone I noticed some definite physical withdrawals similar to symptoms of the flu. Severe fatigue and Fibromyalgia were the most noticable effects. This lasted for about five days.

10. coryt

coryt Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was on methadone for a while and like it was said earlier coming off of it is HELLLLL.....it gets in your bone marrow and just makes your whole body ache.....that probably explains why your havind flu like symptons......just know flu like symptoms are expected when detoxing off methadones......