Question regarding side effects of smoking

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by TommyT, Oct 24, 2006.

1. TommyT

TommyT Newbie

Reputation Points:
    First time posting here so I hope I get this right. What are some of the effects of smoking opium with marijuana in regards to these areas: pupil size? Does the pupil get larger, smaller? Is the pupil more dilated than if SWIM were only to partake in smoking only marijuana and not mixing the two together?

Also, does smoking opium cause mucus to build up in either or both nostrils? And does the smoking of opium cause dryness in the throat and nasal congestion similair to the effects of snorting cocaine?

I believe he smoked a bowl that was previously used by mes' roomates who had been using said piece for smoking opium with marijuana. I felt a monster headache the following morning but generally enjoyed the sense of euphoria and mellowness that was more sedating than just the effects of marijuana.

Also, My roomies partake in the smoking process quite often, every 30 minutes or so. Is it possible that opium consumption builds tolerance so quickly that even after a few days use the effect would diminish to the point where the drug would need to be smoked every 15-30 mins. Does I even have the right drug in mind?

Thanks for all the insight... please help this non-regular and inexperienced understand a bit more about this.

1. 3/5,
      good topic starter
      Oct 21, 2010
  2. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Opium contracts the pupils, MJ makes the whites red! If you smoked a lot of opium you might expect to fall asleep at some point, even vomit, if you are inexperienced. I cant' see why would opium make mucous build up...

1. 3/5,
      informative answer
      Oct 21, 2010
  3. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Opiate tolerance builds incredibly quickly. In a few days, you's friends would need to smoke much more than they did to begin with if they were using constantly throughout the day. So that part is feasible.

Havent heard about smoking opium causing mucus to build up or dryness in the throat, but SWIM supposes its possible, especially if its relatively impure.

The pupil would constrict from smoking opium like enquire says. Pinpoint pupils are a hallmark of opiate intoxication.

4. TommyT

TommyT Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ok, so I think this post should have been put in the heroin thread. Do the symptons SWIM described above seem more relevant to heroin use? The distinct smell and taste of opium is clearly not around. Is H an easy drug to mask with the smell of marijuana?

I am paranoid that his friends will be selling his stuff for junk, please help him! I have seen to many personality changes / paranoia in his friends and is concerned about them and his stuff.

Also: Does the smoking of heroin cause for a sniffly nostril? Or could that be only because the H was snorted? Will H leave you with a headache that lasts for one maybe two days (one that is more sever than an alcohol hangover and lasts longer?)

Thanks in advance!

5. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    A runny nose can sometimes be seen with heroin withdrawal. Havent heard of a headache lasting that long from opium or heroin though. But a withdrawal could cause that too.

Marijuana would overpower the smell of heroin, I think, if it's heroin it should have a slightly sweet taste to the smoke. Opium smoke might taste different but SWIM can't remember, perhaps someone else can answer this since I have not had opium in 8 years or so.

However, the thing is that opiates have very similar effects, and even opium could cause addiction and personality changes. Opium contains morphine and codeine (which is converted into morphine in the body) as well as other opiates. So they'll lead to similar withdrawal, tolerance, and intoxication effects, the only difference is that, milligram for milligram, heroin is more potent.

You may want to discuss with his roommates their use and behavioral changes if he is concerned. They may not even realize that they are acting differently.

6. enquirewithin

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Honestly, I would not be very concerned aout MJ being mixed with heroin or opium. Both are much more expensive. That's something of a old wives tale.

However, if smoking worries you, don't do it. Simple.

7. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    So true. I have seen many lab rats claim that their weed was laced with opium simply because they felt relaxed while smoking it. But if You has proof that his roommates are smoking heroin and are changing their behavior, then it may be time to say something (and invest in a lock for you's door!)

8. enquirewithin

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Yes, MJ would smell more than heroin, as people smoke less of the latter. If your room mates are smoking heroin you might expect to find bits of burnt tin foil around. Heroin is expensive and smoking a hash pipe is a very inefficient way of smoking it.

9. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Once again I find myself in agreement with enquirewithin, it
    was is in all likelyhood opium by your description, H is expensive and it would probably be smoked by itself or with some similarly potent powder.

Doc