1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Culture - Questions about heroin sold in balloons

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by sc2005, Dec 17, 2005.

1. sc2005

sc2005 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dec 17, 2005
    This may seem like a strange question, but I watched Pulp Fiction recently and Eric Stoltz's character (the heroin dealer) tells Travolta he's "out of balloons, is a baggie okay?" What's the deal with these balloons? What are the advantages of a balloon over a baggie? Are these special ballons or just party ones? Is heroin sold in balloons more pure or less pure, generally (I read an article that said it was typically less pure). Some pictures I saw on google made it seem like balloons were used for large quantity purchases. Is this true? Also, why don't people use balloons for cocaine?

Just Curious!

PS: I've heard they're used because you can swallow them/shove them up you know where. Come on! That can't be right! These damn things break easily, don't they!? Baggies would be MUCH better!
  2. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Jun 2, 2005
    Nope, its true, thats what the balloons are for, so that if LE of some kind sees them all they do is swallow the balloons. Often they walk around with them already in their mouths. There might be another purpose im not sure, baggies can be fairly obviouse too when you think about it.