Drug info - Quick attention: Snort or Rectally Administer Alprazolam?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by Sklander, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    I'm looking for it to hit me hard. Has anyone had experiences with either? Comments on either method? I'm in a mode and one has to occur!

2. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    snorting will not work very well, not water soluble, cant cross blood brain barrier. Check out my thread on rectally administering xanax. I would recommend it.

3. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    IHrtHalucingens is correct, Alprazolam is not water soluble and WILL NOT cross blood brain barriers. If you either want to snort or rectcally administer your Alprazolam, go with administering it rectally. But, if you don't think your up for that, just swallow those cute little pills! That's always a definate way for it work, although it will take longer to reach the full effects!

4. Yeahsme

Yeahsme Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i was under the impression that a drug had to be able to be used sub-lingually in order to be able to shove it.

5. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    you can use it sublingually. That's why they're talking about "shoving it."

and to clarify--I was under the distinct impression that only lipid-soluble (not water-soluble) compounds can pass the blood-brain barrier... just my .02

6. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Snorting is definitely a waste, you would be better off smoking it! (just kidding) Honetly though I have seen people snort bars and he thinks it is a waste but apparantly it works half way. I have never plugged a xanax but IHrtHalucingens's said it was more efficient so if you are looking to get a better high then it is an option you have. Just dont take too much this way. It is going to be a bit stronger so start with one bar and work your way up.

7. calmascanbe

calmascanbe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have powderized 12mg. and put in a capsule. 10 min. later BIG BANG . It will only work for SWIM if his tollerance is down. Be carefull if your not used to high dosages ,you could end up flopping on the floor.I've used higher mg.'s but won't reccomend it.

8. kritikal

kritikal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Im just curoius. I have Rectally Administered Oxycodone and Propoxyphene with great results. Each was dissolved in water and slowly injected with no leakages (haha sounds funny) at all.

My question is that because Benzos do not dissolve very well in water at all is it possible to maybe somehow crush the pill and administer it?

Or can you just plug the pill up your anus. haha. Althought wouldnt this be just effective as swollowing because the pill has to break up in the anus and has no Stomach acid to help it dissovle?

Please correct me if i am wrong or if anyone knows a decent method suggest it to me, because so far I have found Rectal Admin to be far superior to any other method. all though shoving something in your ass is kinda weird.