Quick dihydrocodiene question

Discussion in 'Codeine' started by psychedelaholic, Jun 25, 2006.

1. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    Can DHC be extraced from pills that contain parecetemol in the same way codiene can? And how strong is it in relation to codiene?

2. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Yes it can be seperated from the acetominophen/parecetamol with a Cold Water Extrction. Dihydracodiene has a 22mg/100ml water solubility. AS for the comparison to codiene strength im not sure, however it is thought that 60mg is a good starting dose for those who have no tolerance ot opiates.

3. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    It is a about twice as potent as codeine.

4. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    from england
    OK cheers guys although I don't think it could be 22mg/100ml otherwise that would make it less soluble than paracetemol. I have 26 10mg DHC/500mg paracetemol pills so will do a simple cold water extraction on them and split the DHC between 2 people.

5. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Please view Mr Jim's thread on opiate dosages to choose the correct dosages. It is impossible for someone to give You an accurate starting dose here as we have no idea of tolerances of you's subjects.

A Simple Cold Water extraction should be effective at seperating the paracetemol and Dihydrocodeine.

If You is unsure on dosages use the usual method of finding ones tolerance. Start small and slowly work up until the desired effects are reached. Remember you can underdose safely but overdosing leaves little chance of survival.

1. 5/5,
      Great advice
      Jun 26, 2006
  6. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    from england
    SWIM now only has 200mg worth of DHC and has no way of getting more so this will be a one off. So I was thinking of doing 100mg. I have taken codiene a few times at doses ranging from 100-300mg and oral morphine once 30mg. So SWIM probably doesn't have much opiate tolerance but does have some experience. Since DHC is twice codienes strength 100mg should be fine?

7. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    from england
    Well SWIM just found he can get DHC otc (7.46mg/500mg) which he hadn't realised so is trying a dose of 65mg (extracted from 9 pills) this evening.

8. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    A much wiser option, please dont forget to post you's experience.

9. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    from england
    SWIM injested the 50ml of DHC solution he extracted using the cold water method (same as with codeine) around 4:45pm and started to feel it by about 5:30pm. Feeling of warmth and comfort washed over SWIM and I felt very content lieing in his bed aimlessly browsing the internet for several hours. Experienced some opiate itching which I didn't mind at all since he was so relaxed and happy. SWIM's still feeling it a little now. Wasn't the strongest opiate experience of SWIM's life but was very nice for his first try with DHC. He wanted to smokesome ganja with it but it's far too bait where he lives. I will be trying 100mg at the weekend and will report back. Although he'd first like to know, is there are any other drugs that should definetely not be combined with it?

10. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Benzodiazepines significantly increase the effects of opiates and this combination should not be messed with unless the user is very experienced. Alcohol will increase sedation and the depressant effects. It's inadvisable to combine any sedatives with opiates as they cause respiretory(sp) depression and combining other drugs may in high doses stop one breathing.

On another note stimulants shouldnt really be used with opiates due to their opposing effects.

The only drug which comes to mind that shouldnt be used with opiates is MAIO's commonly used in anti-depressants. This can cause some very severe reactions.

All in all with you's experience he wouldnt combine drugs until he knows the opiate in question to a better degree. Combinations even for the experienced user can still potentially cause some major problems.

Thanks for your experience report please post the higher dosage once undertaken.