Rating of DXM to other drugs?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by LookingForHer, Apr 27, 2007.

1. DXM is the best drug SWIM has taken.

30.4%
  2. Better than average.

33.3%
  3. It's OK. Not too good, not too bad.

26.1%
  4. Worse than average.

5.8%
  5. DXM is the worst drug SWIM has encountered.

4.3%
  1. LookingForHer

LookingForHer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from uganda
    Whats you's thoughts on you's preference of DXM to other drugs?

Is DXM better or worse than alternatives for general use? Or is it something you's liking but it's probably just a phase?

SWIM's tried a few drugs...

DXM always seemed the one that's "just me".

* It's legal (hooray) (even if hard to obtain!)
    * It's safe (for me, but maybe not for everyone else)
    * SWIM's Never had any problems on it, but I have had problems on many others
    * It makes me feel great.
    * I've had REAL lasting positive changes to my life because of DXM. The thoughts I come up with on DXM are actually GOOD thoughts! You know a trip is a good trip, if after you come off it, the idea STILL make sense. LSD on the other hand... ;) I think LSD really fails here.
    * It's really dreamy, and I love dreams anyhow. Dreams are my favourite part of the day :) Sometimes I live just to dream. All the eating and working, it's just to make dreaming possible.
    * I feel really peaceful and positive on DXM. It seems to melt away negativity and expose hidden negative emotions in me which I can then resolve very nicely.
    * Yet it's not all hippydippy. I can be angry on DXM if I want, it doesn't stop me. As long as it's not negative, and the anger is truely justified and there's no other peaceful way... Last time I was angry on DXM I felt guilty though, every heart beat of mine felt like a gun ship's guns booming, blasting away people all around the world. BOOM, BOOM BOOM went my heart, like cannons. Yet I felt so safe and secure. All the devastation externally and the safety for me made me feel guilty and want to find a better way to deal with stuff in life than being angry.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
  2. FlyingNinja

FlyingNinja Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Maine, U.S.A.
    " It's legal (hooray) (even if hard to obtain!)"

Not really, only in the pure form. Swim just runs down to the local supermarket or pharmacy and grabs a bottle and gets to chug-a-luggin

3. giant

giant Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
  4. Heretic.Ape.

Heretic.Ape. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I hate to be nit-picky as a mere newb, lookingforher, but I highly value this forum so I thought I'd just point out that you may want to watch your switching between SWIM and "I" statements. I know how when we're really close to someone we can talk about their experiences as if we were them and I'm certain that you would never engage in such questionable acts yourself. Or perhaps I am just ignorant and using this chemical in ways contrary to its indicated use is not a legal issue in London. But restriction to discussing SWIM's experiences is never a bad idea IMHO.
    Regarding comparison, in my current study, subject A has reported use in psilocybin mushrooms, lsd, and ecstasy as primary mind altering substances (as opposed to less mind altering substances such as cocaine, cannabis, et cetera, which he reports as being completely incomparable). He reports dextromethophan as being very different from these psychedelic substances in that the dmt trip was characterized by out of body type experiences, long periods of "spacing out", less vivid and less intricate visuals, and an inability to remember very much of the experience afterward. He reports a higher instance of "spiritual" or profound experiences with psilocybin, more fun with LSD, both of which are reported as having less of a negative impact on motor function and cognitive ability in his experience. These pertain to higher level doses. Lower level doses are reported comparable to ecstasy, notably when dxm is combined with a small to moderate amount of cannabis. Subject has not had experience with other dissociatives.

5. dip

dip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Retarded.

By far, DXM is the lamest "drug" you could ask for.
    Once you snap out of your dreamy/psychotic state of mental impairement, you'll agree with me.

6. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    I wouldn't say it is the lamest thing possible but it is only euphoric in certain ways,I have found it can be interesting once in awhile but also really,really scary and disturbing at the sametime.It also makes me feel rather uncomofortable.You want something dreamy and beautiful go for opiates ofcourse they have a little downside called addiction and withdrawal.

7. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I won't.

Putting aside it's recreational qualities (or lack therof, depending on the person) for a moment...DXM helped my friend Swim discover and deal with some 27-year-old dissociated memories. Something that had happened to him as a child left a mark on his soul that never went away, and he didn't even remember. DXM helped him remember, at which point he went and interviewed witnesses to find out what really happened.

Now he's been able to put it behind him. He's much happier.

ECL

8. giant

giant Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    DXM has allowed SWIM to achieve a perfect state of happiness 24/7 and has removed stress from his life.

All other drugs have been fun but they are not as enjoyable in the longrun and they don't allow SWIM to achieve any sort of epiphany. DXM has allowed a handful of epiphany as of late.

so I don't understand why some ppl have such a low view of DXM but SWIM supposes that everyone has different chemistry etc... and ppl who don't like DXM as much should also understand this and stop bashing DXM so much.

9. dip

dip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=robotussin
    edit: if any DXM addict takes offense to this, get a sense of humor. Your not completely brain-dead if you can joke about yourself.

Furthermore: I refer to the guy that chooses cough medicine over a chick, and then gets all emotional afterwards. It sounds like giant is in a phase of addiction ---> mania. When that ends, when you stop using it, you will be mentally impaired ... this stuff is like alcohol. All I can say is joke about it. But not too much! - or you'll appear insulting.
    ... I make no connection between being a pussy, a psychopath, brain damaged, or mental weakness - and religion - because there is no connection.

I am talking about the other definition of epiphany. This post has nothing to do with religion.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  10. Swimster

Swimster Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    don't know about you swimsters, but swimster always forgets what happens after some time![on high doses like:730mg and up]

This makes it hard for him to care.

11. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  12. frankpikins

frankpikins Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would have to agree that DXM is one of the best drugs of all time. I believe that in order to fully achieve the effects of DXM you must have the right mindset. also You should expiriment to find the correct dosage not to much not to little. if You does both those things then You should have an incredible journey difficult to mach.

13. Swimster

Swimster Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim found an empty stomache hard hitting, but with mild side-effects. Especially nausa

14. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've added a poll to this thread.

Please stop DXM bashing in this thread and try to be objective. If You doesn't like DXM and thinks it's lame, many think otherwise. Note that most persons do not enjoy DXM (different body chemistry, preferences, susceptibility to adverse effects, etc.).

15. dip

dip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    There are much better drugs to try. DXM just tells you what to think, kinda boring if you ask me. But hey, mabey you can do something productive with your lack of sanity, mabey you can make a career out of it. But even then, I wouldn't recommend DXM, it doesn't last long and it will stab you in the back.

edit: This post has nothing to do with religion.
    All i'm saying is ... you get addicted: your gunna be too happy. This won't last long, and when it ends you'll have the opposite feeling.
    Just don't do it more than bi-monthly.

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  16. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I used to be virtually addicted to the stuff.... every weekend if not twice a week... finally stopped with the stuff.... it had the energy of xtc, visuals of a hallucinagen, the dissociative nature of drugs like k and pcp, and the classic intoxicated feeling of alcohol and weed...........

...there will always be a place in swims heart for dxm

17. DoomFarmer

DoomFarmer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
  18. Salvinorin A

Salvinorin A Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Never got the experience SWIM wanted on DXM. I could keep trying for it, but it's just too bad for him.

SWIM usually feels bad and has started shaking from time to time because of his previous DXM use. DXM's trips into magical worlds are nothing compared to that of salvia.

And for people who don't take it for the visuals and travelling, there are other much safer drugs that accomplish the same thing, if not better.

But still, DXM is still better than average drugs out there because it's so cool in what it does.

19. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

This I agree with. Swim tells me that DXM is for serious introspection or meditation, not kicks. Booze and pot are better for that.

Not to say he's never used it for kicks... *smirk*

ECL

20. Mr.Nixon

Mr.Nixon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM loves when reality tears like ripping a sheet of paper a movie was being prjected on

or when things become cartoon like a scanner darly

if SWIM can still understand the basic function of reality

hes nowhere close to his desired state