Other - Reality or mythomania - Can sniffer dog's smell mushrooms?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by mixmike007, Jan 22, 2006.

1. mixmike007

mixmike007 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    a friend have just said to me that he bought of the psylocibe cubensis mexicana in NL, and he says to me that when that he passed the border, the Française customs controlé and that their dog did not feel the mushroom !
    Is this possible? :confused:

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Well possible. I don't think most sniffer dogs are trained to smell out shrooms. They mainly go after coke, smack and marijuana.

3. melt_000

melt_000 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
  4. mixmike007

mixmike007 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    they tell the dog smell lsd...!!! Impossible lsd have no smell anything..

5. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan
    yes I think it is tres possible that the dogs they are not trained to detect the mushrooms because this would be a problem since few of the mushrooms only they are illegal the rest you can buy anywhere yes
    also a SWIM he was stopped at the border when he was 19 at 2 am by the belgian police near Maubeuge and they put a dog into the swim's car (the older people were tested for the alcohol) and the 2 other SWIM in SWIM's car were high (they were coming back from the....Maastricht. ah youth...)
    well the dog he didn't find the 50 gm of skunk they had ( packed, repacked, sprayed with perfume, duct taped...all done by the house btw) placed into the old VW polo's airwent... the dog well he did go crazy on SWIM's jacket that had had the packet in its pocket... and they busted one swim for 1/2 a gram of parisian african weed that he had brought along to test his diplomatic passport ( "oh monsieur we are the douanes we don't have anything to do with diplomats. Now empty your pockets)

so it seems very possible that some of the mushrooms well they might get overlooked, no ? It's not a top priority btw, the mushrooms, they are more interested in the ecstasy and the cocaine, the heroine and the cannabis...

sorry for the typing like this i couldn't resist ;)
    b

6. mixmike007

mixmike007 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    oh, my frien was also arrested by douanes near Maubeuge. loll