1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Other - Really scared about drug test - Nucynta - please help

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by WorriedInJersey, Nov 17, 2012.

1. WorriedInJersey

WorriedInJersey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    53 y/o Female from U.S.A.
    I recently took one 50 mg Nucynta and the next day (almost 24 hours later) had to do a pre-employment drug test... It was a standard 10 panel urine test. I am scared to death that I am going to fail because of the nucynta. I was given the pill by a friend because I hurt my back helping them move a piece of furniture. So, I don't have a scrip for nucynta. I DO have a scrip for meperidine.... would they show the same?

So -- my questions (1) will the pill make me test positive for opiates / opiods on the test; and (2) if so, will I be able to use my scrip to meperidine to explain it? Or am I screwed?

Any advice is welcome... I am totally freaking out about it. :s

2. baZING

baZING Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I can't say for sure, but I am almost 100% positive tapentadol will NOT be on a standard, 10-panel drug test.

The reason I'm nearly certain is both from personal experience, and the fact that on Nucynta's website under the question "My healthcare professional requires that I undergo periodic drug screening. Will NUCYNTA® ER show up on my screening test?" It says:

This, to me, makes it sound as though a specific test or laboratory is needed to test for tapentadol... but maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Meperidine will likely not be an adequate explanation for a positive tapentadol result, though you could always claim false positive if you're desperate.

I don't think this will be an issue. Don't take my word for it, but I'm pretty confident.

Please let us know how you make out.

3. regretful

regretful Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from earth
    The normal piss test shouldn't show it up only if they specifically test for it. as far as I know