1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Recreational Amphetamine Dose

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by GForce, Dec 15, 2006.

1. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM is just kind of curious as to what a recreational dose of amphetamine is. He knows adderall contains equal parts of amphetamine and d-amphetamine and he was just trying to figure out how close to what an accepted recreational dose these pills are. I'd put this in the adderall forum but I think it pertains more to actual amphetamine.

2. Trompeur

Trompeur Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Swim suggests that Swiy just asks the dealer how much he should take, as quality varies a rediculous amount on the street. Besides that, Swim would start small and increase dose as he sees fit.

3. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM isn't planning on buying street amphetamine anytime soon when he has pharmaceutical grade (Adderall). He is just trying to get an idea of if the "therapeutic" doses of Adderall that are perscribed are anywhere near what a typical user would take for recreation purposes. It is understood that different users require different amounts, just trying to figure out if a recreational amphetamine dose is substantially higher than Adderall doses or what.

4. Trompeur

Trompeur Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Sorry Swim misread that as "Swiy is on adderal, so how much meth should swiy do?"

5. csharpprogrammer

csharpprogrammer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM once tried insuflating 30 mg crushed Adderall XR beads, and had no noticable effects.

6. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Yeah, don't think that really applies...:confused:

7. drugsrbad

drugsrbad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Male
    Theraputic doses are normally given up to about 60mg. It all depends on tolerance. Why not take some then take more till your f-ed up. You could grind it up into powder and snort or swallow that so the effects are quicker. Swim normally takes 40-60mgs xr crushed up and snorted, when swim want to get real f-ed its more like 100mg's(not recomended) but my tolerance is quite high. jsut do like 40mg's then take some more till you feel good. remember to wait a bit till it hits you.

8. TheFonz

TheFonz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM has never gone over 40mg, but based on the experiences of others who have, he recommends this estimated dosing schedule:

light increase in motivation: 10mg-15mg
    "good" club buzz: 20mg-40mg(add 1-2 drinks and SWIY is set!)
    Highway speeds: 60mg-80mg(might start cleaning the club/party your at, lol)
    TWEAKED OUT:100mg-120mg(not recomended)

**Based on Instant-release pills take orally.......as always tolerence and body-type depending

BEE SAFE-

9. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o Male
    swim agrees with the dosages that swifonz gave.

but swim was wondering, what type of tolerance that person has? (how long have they been using amphetamine, and with what type of breaks in between, and or supplements they take to lower tolerance)

swim asks becuase he no longer gets that feel good "buzz" from addies...but he does not dose more than 30mg at one time.

10. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o Male
    swim took 35 mg of addies this morning for school studying and was trying to achieve some kind of satisfaction feel, but like swiblink said above he no longer gets a good feeling.

the feeling is more of a burning in his head/behind his eyes. he does not take adderall much at all, and is going to fight this tolerance becuase he has always gotten the feel good part form frequent usage of ephedra in highschool, along with many other supplements, but has never experienced tolerance to any substance like he has to amphetamine.

11. TheFonz

TheFonz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male

SWIM has had the same experience, stop cold turkey and give it 2-3weeks without any stimulant use and everything should be back to SWIY's liking....

just a side note, after about 1.5 years of taking these 2-3week breaks, SWIM is now able to use 10mg once a day for school/studying purposes. Kind of interesting how SWIM can use less now

ACE those test!(<

12. Songcycle67

Songcycle67 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM says this:

One must be very careful with dosage. For new, intolerant, doses as little as 15mg (very rare--usually closer to 20-30mg) can produce a profound dysphoria and comatose-like state which is usually the last stop before amphetamine-induced temporary psychosis.

I've personally had several such experiences by mistake due to changes in brand, which can vary drastically in potency due to the way each formula metabolizes. A few friends who I've occasionally tossed a few to have experienced this polarized effect of the drug almost every time they've taken it at doses above 10mg. It is an extremely uncomfortable and scary state of mind.

I find this to be one of those rare drugs that is so absolutely dependent upon metabolization (i suspect, at least) that a standard dosage-reaction sheet cannot be reliably produced. I cannot imagine what it's like for people who get street zonk to figure out a dose, as the two main ingredients in amphetamine salt compounds must be in perfect harmony to produce a "standard pharamaceutical" grade product. The process of perfecting the ratio of these two substances plagues even the most reputable pharmaceutical laboratories--this infamously produces the mostly benign side effects of medium to severe diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and headaches, but it can produce the aforementioned state of catatonia with as little as 5mg if the ratio is truly off, due to the way the two isomers of amphetamine sort of keep one another in check.

I'm speaking here of amphetamine, not methamphetamine--I understand that it is a drug that is (if standardized by the cook and purified properly) very easy to establish dose.

13. Hollow Hippie

Hollow Hippie Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM thinks SWIY answered up 3 years late...

Also brand dose not matter, the FDA requires all brands of certain drugs to have almost exactly the same clinical efficiency.

14. ninjaned

ninjaned Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    question(sorry if this was stated and swim missed it) are we talking IR or XR? cause all swims ever used is IR(friend with narcolepsy) and he feels he can recommend fairly accurate rec. dosages(course everyones different) but for swim when he was intolerant somewhere between 10-20 was fine, occasionally swim would do 30 or 45 but only every once in a while... course now hes tolerant and 30 to 45 is standard...

15. Songcycle67

Songcycle67 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM says:

Amphetamine requires a very delicate balance between the two isomers used in manufacture of adderall. Generally 80% compliance is required by the FDA, which is incredibly safe for amphetamine salts due to their bio-availability. The problem is when the ratios change. Formulations change the ratio of I-amph and d-amph very slightly resulting in various side effects, but usually the 80% compliance keeps them delivering the same mental effect.

Edit: To clarify the importance of this ratio. Brand formula Adderall is 25% I-Amph and 75% D-Amph. Each of these has different characteristics that keep one another in check, sort of. D-Amph is very calming and clear and I-Amph is mostly just pure speed with tons of anxiety. 80% compliance would allow for a 20% difference, so you could end up with 35% I-Amph and 65% D-Amph creating a less suitable formula for concentrating and a more suitable formula for recreational use. Small variations like this can seem huge to regular users. Slightly more I-Amph than brand can be chaotic and even frighteningly speedy, and an increase in D-Amph than brand formula can create less of a speedy high and more concentration. The higher the dose, the more these changes can become apparent. Either way these formulas would upset that delicate balance which produces the state of mind necessary for therapeautic treatment with stimulants, but still pass the 80% compliance.

Most changes don't occur to the actual ratio, which is hard to achieve in the first place, but to the way that the tablet metabolizes. This having always been a problem, it is always begging to be solved. Every lab producing adderall would kill to find that perfect tablet formula that has no major side effects on therapeautic doses.

The way that it metabolizes also usually varies from formulation to formulation (this is a very very tough thing to sort out for amphetamine because it doesn't metabolize like any of the other recreational drugs). Some release the I-amph a bit before the D-amph and that can result in perceived changes in the mental effect, but actually when it all kicks in it's the same.

Unfortunately the more prominant side effects of formula change (diarrhea, headaches, all the other classics) can be quite severe if one is particularly susceptible.

Not to mention the use of different binders, dyes, etc. which can produce allergic reactions.

Generally, though, yeah; they might as well be the same thing. I wish it metabolized a little more classically, though, as the release of one isomer of amph before the other may be perceived as a "low dose" by the user and result in taking too much, as has been the case with me several times on the first day of a new formula. Sometimes it can take hours to kick in on the first dose, but after that it kicks in normally every day. Very strange stuff.

Edit: As pertains to the post above mine, I would be a bit careful about recommending over 15mg to new users, as there have been reports of people having serious reactions to as little as 15mg and OD's on as little as 30-40mg). It's nothing to fool around with, the metabolism factor is an absolute crusher of any attempt to recommend a recreational dose. But if it's pharmaceutical, a "safe" dose would be 5mg. And if that doesn't work then the person should proceed lightly from there. Remember peeps, this is a forum for theoretical education about responsible use. I know 5mg wouldn't do anything of recreational value for most, but one can always dose-up. I've never known anyone to come back from the dead after an OD due to severe intolerance. And with people having crazy reactions on 15mg pharmaceutical, it's definitely nothing to fuck around with.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  16. hamsterdam

hamsterdam Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    well swim was started on 2 x 20mg a day with no prior use.

That's an ORAL dose though. Snorting 20mg for the first time might be too much, but if a doctor rxed swim to start with 20mg, then that dosage orally shouldn't cause too much harm for anyone. (Though swim was speedy as fuck the first time he popped that pill). Swim weighs about ~ 160 lbs, so if you're significantly lighter then that.. things might be different.

Also.. most doctors (from what swim hears) start at 5 - 10mg doses.. dunno why swim got started at the max dose.

17. Songcycle67

Songcycle67 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM said this:

Usually 5-10 depending on severity. That's strange.

If they were brand, the prescription may have indicated the brand was necessary. These are less likely to have strange results from the user's metabolism as it has been a pretty consistent formula since Shire's, which is pretty infamously free of side-effects.

Still...way high dose to start someone out on, even with subjective toxicity taken out of the equation; that could easily zap someone into a silent statue for a few hours.

18. ohFimhungry

ohFimhungry Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    SWIM's studied for finals on as much as 150 mg per day, but this is not recommended for a new user.

Also, remember SWIY's tolerance to Addies is the same as any other drug, and its pretty hard to get rid of. The less SWIY can do to get high the better.

SWIM also recommends parachute-ing the stiff.. Just crunch it up and roll it in some tissue and take it like a pill. Snorting wastes a lot of the amphetamines and SWIM believes honestly its just better to take them orally.

If SWIM were to estimate the dosage for a new user, SWIM would say take 20-30 mg IR's on an EMPTY STOMACH and see how SWIY feels after. Wait 45 min at least, then decide if SWIY needs another one, or 3... Try to limit intake to 20 mg every 2-3 hours or so untill SWIY feels so cracked out SWIY can't see.

If SWIY only has 30mg XR's, try to crunch those suckers up with some dishwear and the blunt edge of a knife handle if SWIY can't find anything else to crunch with. Then put the powder back inside the capsule and parachute.

Hope this helps-

~ Swimster (and getting hungrier thinking about all these pills mmmm ;) )

19. Songcycle67

Songcycle67 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM sent this:

Couple of minor things:

Firstly, although I myself don't endorse it, snorting adderall is absolutely affective if you get the salts (even generic adderall is amphetamine salts). Adderall is a collection of two amphetamine salts that absorb very quickly in the nasal cavity. It goes quick to the stomach too, parachuting may make it kick in a couple of milliseconds earlier. Obviously snorting gets to the brain very directly through the nose, and has a rush and more powerful effect that oral administration would not have.

Also as I mentioned in my previous post, tolerance to adderall develops far more quickly than other recreational drugs, and the more you use the faster it builds

^^^^ Edit: please disregard this point. The information I read was misleading and an Adderall XR 20mg contains 10mg instantly released and 10mg released 4-6 hours later. Still, wouldn't advise this much.

All of the dosages mentioned above are extremely dangerous for new users who haven't tried it. For Christ's sake, you could be allergic to the stuff.

Adderall should never be taken on an empty stomach for a first-time user.
    There are other benefits to taking medications with food, they help it absorb more easily, not to mention that it's known to cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea in new patients.

The following are symptoms of Adderall OD: Sweating, Pounding Heart, Heart Palpatations, Paranoia, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Twitching, Hallucinations, Irrational Behavior, Irritability, Foaming At The Mouth, Seizures

Those are only to name a few. Please don't do crazy shit. Even if it's someone who's experienced with the substance, in people who use occasionally, taking high doses recreationally affects the body different every time. Your body is always changing and it could even be something as simple as a small change in diet and activity or having things in your system that may not bide well with amphetamine. There are lots of factors that can affect what it does.

Adderall is a pretty safe drug, even if hypothetically used recreationally, if one maintains a safe dose level and practices caution it is extremely effective in the brain. When abused, however, it can cause serious serious problems.

Just because a medicine is legal does not mean that you can't take too much and have a terrible experience or even die. It is one of the more dangerous substances available when used in high doses.

When used properly, it is relatively harmless to the body. It can improve learning and concentration, and it even provides a nice euphoria. it fits very well into the pleasure receptors and provides a nice airy high. It has minor mental withdrawal symptoms when not abused, and no real physical withdrawal. Dependence doesn't develop as in opiates.

Occasional recreational users can still be safe, even if they are snorting it. Everyone knows that when you try a sample of any street drug you try a small one first. With a drug like adderall, especially if you're snorting, it is easy to tell how much affects you if you take 5mg or so and wait a good 45 minutes. Especially in the case of street amphetamines.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  20. ninjaned

ninjaned Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    i'm sorry songcycle, i mean no disrespect and you bring up a lot of valid points but don't you think that your over blowing the dangers just a little? and 5 mg? swim is curious if this is a standard starting dose for recreational use. swim started his amphetamine use with 30 mg IR pills(isn't that the highest you can get in IR? swim knows that XR goes higher but he isn't sure about IR) and your post makes that seem rather high...