1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions - recreational subutex use

Discussion in 'Buprenorphine' started by blue acara, Oct 18, 2013.

1. blue acara

blue acara

Reputation Points:
    A friend used to snort subutex at small doses of about a small line(10-20 mg approx) around 1-2 times a week while in jail to pass the time. He quite liked the speedy, up all night buzz the tex gave him. It made him more energised. This enabled him to write letters and stuff that he wouldn't have been bothered to do normally. The most pleasing effect he felt was a will to work out in the gym and an increase in stamina when working out.

He has no previous experience with opiates and no addiction issues.

He wants to know if it is completely irresponsible and stupid to continue to use subutex now hes out?

How addictive is this shit and how damaging is it to a recreational user intending to use small amounts weekly?

2. babalooj

babalooj Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Its safe, if you ACTUALLY stick to once a week use,
    That's what a lot of people (including me) have said about their opioid use, but things slip without one ever realizing. I cannot say to not continue to use, but it would probably be in your best interest to not

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  3. brittnaaay

brittnaaay Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I wonder how accurate your (friend's) dosage is. 10-20mg is a LOT for buprenorphine.
    To answer your questions, no, buprenorphine isn't harmful if used infrequently. How addictive it is is subjective, like almost anything-- if you're prone to getting addicted to things, than you can definitely get addicted to this. If you're one of those people who can pick things up and put them right down again (I don't know any people like this in real life, but I've read/heard they exist), then you'll probably be alright if you ONLY use once/twice a week.
    Also, don't forget there's a big difference between being psychologically and physiologically addicted to substances. Using once a week won't get you physiologically addicted, but the psychological side can be a little trickier.