1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Anal use - Rectal administration of codeine

Discussion in 'Codeine' started by Dr. Mario, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario Newbie

Reputation Points:
    by how much would SWIM guesstimate plugging codeine saves you...
    I mean is 100 mg worth 150 mg when administered via anus:s.. is it even worth it? I have no problem if it saves money... I am poor as fuck so whatever... who cares; if i can conserve my opiates thats awsome.... please get back to me on this... im not looking for an exact answear just a genral estimate from people who know about this....... Thanks

2. gmeziscool2354

gmeziscool2354 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    Re: codeine in the ass

well according to some research I did, it should increase effects at least 150 percent for other opiates. The only thing with codeine is part of its activity is a result of being de-methylated by the liver, so plugging may not make it go that much faster. ZSw`im doesn't really know what to tell you for codeine since it is ilegal in his country with out a prescription, and for the effort he would rather have something stronger like hydrocodone, which is prescribed for roughly the same conditions

3. betsym

betsym Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well, for the sake experimentation, I has tried things, crossed lines, and "boldly gone where no woman has gone before." And then again, some things just get found out by the necessity of having to do so.

If one is sick and throwing up and their pain meds are pills, it is possible to dissolve a pill and insert anally with a needleless syringe. After all, suppositories are used the same way for patients who are throwing up but don't have diarrhea. However, if swiys can't go to the hospital or doctor and get a shot or suppository for whatever reason, this can be done. I had to do it once on a weekend when her doctor was out of town and she was really sick and in pain. It did seem to increase the strength quite a bit so she used only one hydrocodone pill, 10 mg.

Given regular situations, she wouldn't bother doing it that way if she's able to hold down her medicine orally.Since the liver acts as a filter, putting things directly into the anus will bypass the liver. If You does decide to plug, maybe just make it an occasional thing instead of all the time, as this may end up causing some problems later on. I have read about possible irritation from plugging that made hemorrhoids sound like a dream vacation.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  4. betsym

betsym Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Gotcha, Robo. I knew You was just quoting, lol! Swim definitely wouldn't make plugging her first choice in routes of administration, either! Just pointing out that it can be useful in certain circumstances. I have plugged maybe a couple of different things before but it wasn't the first thing she tried.

Hydrocodone, when plugged, is stronger but I would much rather swallow them, unless of course she can't for some reason. But if Codeine was what she had, she wouldn't bother plugging that, even if she couldn't swallow them.

5. JarvyJarvison

JarvyJarvison Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Rectal administration of codeine would probably greatly weaken the effects and make onset slower because this route bypasses first-pass metabolism in the liver where the codeine is metabolized into its active metabolites (mainly morphine).

6. Routemaster Flash

Routemaster Flash Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Well I tried this with dihydrocodeine (which unlike codeine doesn't need to be metabolised by the liver to become active) in this way and it was SUPERB...at least as strong as the first time he ever tried it orally (which was a smaller dose in any case), probably as strong as a pretty high dose (for this SWIMmer) of poppy tea. Well worth the effort and temporary discomfort.

You could sidestep the question of liver metabolism by just using DHC instead, it's scarcely more expensive than codeine. Just beware that a given dose will be SIGNIFICANTLY stronger when plugged than glugged.

7. DHCletsmeBe

DHCletsmeBe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    What would You think would be the anal dose equivalent of 200mg oral?

8. Routemaster Flash

Routemaster Flash Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Please don't mistake this for a professional medical opinion, but I thought it was maybe twice as strong that way, so see what 100mg does.

9. DHCletsmeBe

DHCletsmeBe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have only 40mg IR pills for now so he will try 120mg if he decides to do it. His tolerance is fairly high at this point so even if turns out to be 2.5x or even 3x effective (doubtful) he'll be ok. If he does I will post his experience here.

10. hellbent

hellbent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It works. I tried it for the sake of science. Usually it takes SWIM 90 mg of Tylenol w/ codeine to get high but I shot 32 mg rectally and it was equal.

11. I_8_my yellow crayon

I_8_my yellow crayon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from Canada
    I have used codeine for 3 years, and he can tell you, it doesn't get SWIM any higher than taken orally. The only reason it fools some people into believing it does is because the buzz does come on quite a bit faster, but it only lasts half of the time of an oral dose. You should save his codeine, and just take it orally. Anyone who tells You they experienced otherwise, is just experiencing placebo.

If You is starting to take large doses, then he should consider cold water extractions.

The only opiate/opioid type drugs that I have found usefull when administered rectally, is morphone based drugs, Pethidine type(demerol) and of course, Dihydrocodeine because of its low oral bioavailability. This drug really shines when hit in the bum. Its like a totally different drug when used rectally.

But don't put codeine in you's bum, not worth it. You will go through his codeine twice as fast, and no better of a buzz. Plus if You just crushes three pills in a glass and adds water, then drinks, the buzz will come on just as fast as rectally, but it still only lasts for about 1.5-2 hours, unless tolerance is very,very low to none. Once the pills are crushed and added to water, it doesn't matter how its administered, it will only last half as long as taking the tablets whole by oral ROA.

If You could get his hands on some Dihydrocdoeine, then SWIM recommends, it is just wonderful when used rectally. For SWIM, 60mgs of dihydrocodeine shot up the bum in a syringe or turkey baster, is better than 60mgs of morphine taken orally. But that has to do with morphines low bioavailability. DHC also lasts much longer than codeine. With the right dose, even when used rectally, the buzz lasts for about 4-6 hours.

A rule of thumb for I am, if the opiate has a low oral bioavailability, then he always plugs it.

Take care

12. Dr_Janus

Dr_Janus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Rectal administration of codeine is POINTLESS.

Codeine must be metabolised in the liver to Morphine in order for the user to derive any opioid effects from it's dosage. Using codeine any other way reduces it's potency 100x and renders it virtually useless.

Codeine should only be taken orally.

I feel like he's posted this a million times, but here goes again :

Codeine must be metabolized to C6G by UGT 2B7 (uridine diphosphate glucuronosyl transferase) in the liver, and, only about 5% of said codeine is metabolized (by cytochrome P450 CYP2D6) into morphine.

Any other administration bypasses this process and renders codeine useless and none if it is metabolised into morphine.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  13. starsickboy

starsickboy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My pet duck-billed platypus said to me:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6683976

If the codeine enters the bloodstream, it must pass through the liver, where it will metabolize into morphine.

I plug it all the time, and it works just as good and you won't have to puke it up once you swallow :laugh:

This is my first post. I love weak opiates that makes you fuzzy but still functional.........Thanx for your time

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010
  14. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    Codeine has a very high oral bio-availability so rectal use will only increase it by around 10%. Plugging does work since it will still pass through the liver after it has entered the bloodstream. I have plugged 220mg of codeine and found it stronger than taking the same orally although taking it orally with a few ant-acids would likely have the same effect.

Just found this:
    So looks like there actually isn't much point plugging codeine. It has 90% oral bioavailability anyways so just take it with a couple of ranitidines or calcium carbonate tablets an hour before hand.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  15. kitch

kitch Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I have a question for swiy, yellow crayon eater (love your user name, btw!). Swim just received some 120mg DHC Continus and would like to try plugging it. Swim's heard from other sources that an enema is key or the liquid will get stuck in your poop and be useless. BUT, listening to a sex show one day about anal sex, the expert's opinion was that the beginning part of your bum is sort of like a "hallway", no poop there unless you you have to actually go. Swim's curious if You uses an enema or just goes for it! Thank you :)