1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Rectal Administration

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by mariecurie, Apr 25, 2005.

1. mariecurie

mariecurie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've heard that there can be some benefits to rectal administration,
    but I haven't really come across information on it. I know with at
    least 5-meo-amt it can reduce nausea, but is this a general property of
    rectal administration? Are doses the same or lower?

A friend rectally administered ecstasy one time and he said it made him feel like he had to shit really badly. Will this happen?

Do you place the chem in as powder or in a gel cap?

Would you recommend this or oral?

Thanks!

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    rectal is awesome. start with smaller doses of course. mix into a paste and insert.

i would recomend you start with wine enemas :) do a search, there's a topic in here about that.

lol

3. BlueMystic

BlueMystic Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Anything you administer rectally should have the dose cut drastically from the oral dose to start. You can gradually work your way up to a comfortable level. The rectal route allows most of them chem to be absorbed without any filtering as with oral administration. You can make said chem into as solution and them inject it up there with a syringe that has the needle removed. This would work better than using a capsule. As it would all be absorbed evenly.

4. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    YIKES. smoking 5meoAMT also decreases the nausea, plus nothing goesup theold poop chute. if you cant be dissauded, perhaps try some saline. it is after all what they make enemas from... but still.... IN THE BUTT??? WHY?!?!? talk aboutbeing anally fixated[​IMG]. I just dont think shoving something in one's ass would be conducive to a good psychedelic experience...

5. dmax

dmax Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Millions of people do it every day, allyourbase...

6. allyourbase

Reputation Points:
    Male
    but does that make it SMART? perhaps at some point during your psychedelic soulsearching youll quest to find the reason youre so compelled to stick things in your rectum.[​IMG]

7. dmax

dmax Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    The devil made me do it.

8. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    alot of people prefer to plug their rc's because the dosage required is much lower and sometimes body load is dimished.

Ally, i see nothing wrong with plugging drugs. Doctors use enemas to
    administer certain medicines. Its just an effective way to take drugs
    and there id no reason to look down on someone, or think they are weird
    because they choose to do it this way.

I havent personally tried rectal admin yet, but im sure as my RC's are running low i will look into that method.

9. allyourbase

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I wouldnt look down on anyone for it, I just think theres a subconscious reasoning here that goes beyond the desire for a lowered dosage... I mean come on, there are far easier ways to get less of a BL. subcutaneous comes to mind.

10. dmax

dmax Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    That's a goddamn good point. I should start doing nothing but
    needles. It makes me think of those old commercials where Michael
    Jordan was sinking basketball shots from mars... "nothin' but
    net". Really, if you use only your own needle, only use it once.
    (or truly sterilize it between uses), sterilize it before you use it,
    and don't start shooting so much you start scarring up your veins, it
    really seems like the way to go...

11. allyourbase

Reputation Points:
    Male
    subcutaneous is not IV. you inject into the skin, not the muscle, vein, or anything deeper.

12. dmax

dmax Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Duh. I was just being exuberant. (wouldn't that be "under" the
    skin and not into the skin?) So do a subcutaneous some
    things, but others are going to want an IM or IV. Actually, I'm
    not quite sure when you would want which, just that Heroin, Morphine,
    Cocaine tend to be IV, whereas K is IM. I don't know what's
    commonly done subcutaneously.

Also it might be possible to scar up your skin...

13. Nagognog2

Nagognog2

Reputation Points:
    The so-called Witches were quite familiar with this method of administering psychoactive substances. These folks were actually those who could not legally have sexual relations for one reason or another. Perhaps they were shunned by the church, had a child out of wedlock, were butt-ugly(LOL). Whatever. But they knew how to make "Flying Ointments." This was a paste made from such plants as Daturas, Belladonna, Monkshood, Henbane. And away from the prying eyes - they hoped - of their intolerant brethren, they would party with this ointment. And they found that the best way to administer it was to apply it to the mucosa. Hence they put it on a broomstick or similar object and inserted it both vaginally and rectally.

This is where we get the image of the Witch flying on a broomstick! Ya Hooooo!!!

14. allyourbase

Reputation Points:
    Male
    nagognog2, thanks for sharing that insightful (and yet wholly disturbing) bit of historicalinformation. ^_^

15. Nagognog2

Nagognog2

Reputation Points:
    Me is beginning to think thou doth protesteth too much...now bend over and have some Peyote buttons! ^ o ^

16. korky8097

korky8097 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    many people do it, i dont look down upon it, i mean what would you
    think would be more socially aceptable, shooting up or rectal?
    Sad thing is many people would IV before ever doing rectal dose.
    I still dont know about it for myself, just for the fact that RC's are
    more or less unpredictable, not a whole lot of research on them, i dont
    want to run into asshole illneses in the future. But if yall do
    it, the best way is to take the needle out of a syringe, disolve the
    drug in saline, shoot it up there. Ive always wondered though,
    how long until you can safely stand up and move around without worrying
    about leakage? I would personally just lay on my stomach for a
    bit, but how long would this be necisarry?

17. transit

transit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    60 y/o
    Anatomy of a Ritual - ingestion of hallucinogens via enema
    July, 2001 by Jared Diamond

In several New World cultures, the enema was the technique of choice for taking hallucinogenic drugs. The practice was based on sound physiological principles.

Ritual intake of alcohol and hallucinogens by enema used to be widespread among Native American tribes and is still practiced today by some. It was performed both by hunter-gatherers in the Amazon jungle and by the Maya, the most advanced indigenous civilization in the New World. But the custom may seem puzzling or bizarre to many people today. After all, if you're disposed to mind-altering drugs, it's easy just to swallow, smoke, sniff, or lick them. Why go to the trouble of taking them by enema?

The answer does not have to do with the unique beliefs of exotic cultures but with basic principles of intestinal physiology, applicable to all of us. My own research specialty as a physiologist consists of trying to figure out how our intestine is adapted for doing what nature meant it to do. Rectal administration of drugs seems to be the reverse of what's natural. How could the outcome not be disastrous if we use an orifice specifically adapted for expelling chemicals to admit them instead? But recent advances in our understanding of digestive physiology lead me to conclude that Native American enema devotees knew what they were doing. Until the modern invention of hypodermic syringes for intravenous injection, the rectal route for hallucinogens offered special advantages.

Most Natural History readers, insofar as they think of enemas at all, doubtless associate them not with optional entertainment but with unpleasant medical necessity. Physicians routinely prescribe enemas to clean out a patient's lower intestine before an operation or a diagnostic procedure such as a colonoscopy. As far back as the time of the ancient Sumerians, medical enemas were used to relieve constipation by washing out intestinal contents, and to eliminate parasitic intestinal worms by instilling an antiworm drug, or vermifuge (same etymology as "centrifuge," from the Latin fugere, to flee, but in this case the flight is from the worms, Latin vermis, rather than from the center). For instance, rectally administered tobacco infusions--whether employed against pinworms, roundworms, tapeworms, or threadworms--proved an effective vermifuge in sixteenth-century Europe.

These two Old World uses of enemas are easy to understand. In both cases, substances were administered by rectum, rather than by mouth, because the aim was to reach the lower intestine. There was no intent for the substances to reach the brain, and every intent for them not to. That's where traditional New World practices differed. American Indians used enemas only to administer mind-altering drugs. The rectum served not as a dead-end street but as a highway to the broad meadows of the body and brain. The enema was elevated from an uncomfortable, cold-blooded, results-oriented medical procedure to a delicious, quasi-religious ritual.

New World natives used many mind-altering drugs ranging from alcohol and nicotine to hallucinogens, and several of the latter were avidly embraced by drug users in the 1960s. Cocaine comes from the leaves of an Andean tree; mescaline, from the peyote cactus of Mexico and Texas; LSD analogues, from morning glory seeds; and psilocybin and psilocin, from Mexican mushrooms. With these or any other mind-altering drugs, the user's basic problem is how to get the drug to the brain. Today one can just use a needle and syringe to inject a drug into the bloodstream, but other means were needed in the days before hypodermics. While all such methods rest on the principle of getting the drug in contact with some body surface through which it will be absorbed into the blood, many choices of surface present themselves.

The most familiar choice is the small intestine, the upper stretch of our intestine just below the stomach. Coiling back and forth, the small intestine has a total length of about twenty-three feet. Its inner surface has innumerable microscopic and submicroscopic folds; smoothed out, it would cover about 5,000 square yards, comparable to the area of a football field. This enormous expanse makes the small intestine well adapted not only to its natural function of absorbing almost all the nutrients we ingest in food but also to the abnormal function of absorbing swallowed drugs.

Smoking is a popular route of drug intake for basically the same reason: microscopic folds also give our lungs a football-field-sized expanse through which to absorb oxygen and remove carbon dioxide. Still other absorptive surfaces are the tongue, the lining of the mouth, and the lining of the nose, reached through licking, chewing, and sniffing, respectively. Indians took drugs by all these still familiar routes plus two now unfamiliar ones: applying drugs to the skin and delivering them through the eyes, either by dripping them as liquids or blowing them as smoke.

The remaining absorptive surface discovered by Native Americans was the lower part of our intestine, known variously as the large intestine, colon, or rectum. To reach the other surfaces I have mentioned, all you have to do is swallow, inhale, lick, chew, or sniff (or simply expose an expanse of flesh or an eyeball). The rectal route, however, requires some mechanical props.

Perhaps the simplest prop is the suppository, a drug-impregnated plug designed for self-insertion into the anus, where the plug is melted by body heat, releasing the drug. While suppositories are a popular means of taking medicine in France, they have the disadvantage of exposing the drug to just a small fraction of the rectum's absorptive surface (the rectum is about six inches long, much longer than any suppository). Hence physicians must prescribe a considerably larger dose of any drug administered as a suppository than if the same drug is taken by mouth.

Indians devised two methods of rectal drug administration that are superior to the suppository. Both involve the insertion of a hollow bone or tube through which a drug-containing fluid is squirted deep into the rectum, thereby attaining rapid absorption across a large surface. In the first method, a helper simply fills his mouth with enema solution and blows it out through the tube. In the other, more sophisticated method, the protruding end of the tube is connected to a bulb made of an animal bladder, a leather bag, or rubber. The bulb, rather than the helper's mouth, is used to squirt the enema fluid. Thus, Indians invented the rubber-bulb syringe, now adopted worldwide for perfume atomizers and medicine droppers.

Between about A.D. 1 and 900, the Maya Indians of Central America developed a highly advanced civilization; their achievements included writing, beautiful artworks, astronomy books, and a notoriously complicated calendar. When archaeologists first began to find slender tubes of unknown function in Maya tombs, they did not immediately realize that Maya sophistication also extended to enema technology. The evidence came with the unearthing of beautiful, colorfully painted vases, some of which clearly depicted the purpose of the formerly mysterious tubes with an unmistakable clarity that made archaeologists blush. One of those vases (opposite page) shows a recumbent man with his legs spread, receiving an enema from a standing person (probably a woman) holding an enema bag. At the recumbent man's head stands a male helper ladling enema fluid out of a large jar. Another painted vase (see page 20) portrays a male god about to receive an enema from an attractive young goddess/woman standing behind him as she unties his loincloth, with an enema pot and bulb syringe ready in front of her. While we can only speculate about the ingredients, a clue is that some vases depicting enemas show containers of a foaming fluid resembling balche, the Maya beer that was popular at the time of the Spanish conquest and that may sometimes have been laced with hallucinogens.

But why on earth should anyone choose to administer mind-altering drugs by enema, which requires apparatus and often an assistant, instead of just swallowing the drug? Remembering that the purpose of the whole exercise is to get the drug to one's brain, I see three physiological advantages.

First, try to recall your nausea the first time you drank a lot of alcohol or inhaled smoke from a cigarette. And ash a few drug users how they felt when they first tried heroin, peyote, or psychedelic mushrooms. Most hallucinogens tend to cause nausea; even experienced Indian peyote-chewers are prone to feel sick to their stomach.

Thus, to consume mind-altering drugs by mouth can be self-defeating. If a drug stimulates vomiting, it may never reach the small intestine. In trying to take it by mouth, one may not only lose the drug but also turn what was intended as a pleasurable experience into a miserable one. By contrast, drugs taken by rectum can't produce nausea by irritating the stomach or the small intestine. Even if you do vomit, you retain the drug, because vomiting expels the contents of the stomach and upper small intestine but not of the large intestine.

The second advantage that enemas have over swallowing stems from the following facts of physiology: To get a "high" from a drug, you want to absorb it quickly so that it will reach a high concentration in the blood and brain. That's why intravenous injection is so effective--a needle-injected substance reaches the brain in less than half a minute. In the prehypodermic era, the fastest means of drug delivery was by enema.

From this perspective, swallowing is inefficient. Anything you swallow has to traverse your stomach before it can get absorbed through your small intestine. If your stomach already contains food, the drug that you swallow may sit in your stomach for hours until the food is ready for release into the intestine. This problem is compounded for the class of chemicals termed alkaloids, which includes most drugs of abuse: heroin, cocaine, nicotine, mescaline, LSD, and others. In chemical jargon, alkaloids are bases. What this means, in effect, is that when alkaloids reach the stomach, which secretes acid, they bind with a hydrogen ion and their absorption rate slows greatly. Hence, alkaloid absorption is negligible in the stomach and retarded in the small intestine. But this problem of retarded absorption doesn't arise in the rectum, because the rectum doesn't secrete acid. Rectal administration of alkaloids approaches the effect of mainlining them into a vein with a stroke of a hypodermic's plunger.

The remaining physiological virtue of delivering drugs by enema is that they bypass the small intestine's private line to the liver. While blood from the rectum goes straight into our general circulation and thence via the heart to the brain, blood from the small intestine goes first to the liver, which acts toward drugs as the bouncer at the nightclub door acts toward undesirable customers. One of the liver's functions is to admit absorbed nutritious foodstuffs into the general circulation but to weed out drugs and poisons that entered the small intestine accidentally or through our perverse intentions. The long list of drugs thus weeded out by the liver includes alcohol, cocaine, morphine, nicotine, and tetrahydrocannabinol (the active ingredient of marijuana).

In short, when you swallow a drug, it inevitably ends up in your liver, whose job is to prevent you from doing exactly what you are trying to do: get that drug to your brain. Circumventing that dilemma is the main reason for using any route of drug administration other than the stomach and small intestine--such as the lungs, nose, tongue, mouth, eyes, or rectum. But numerous drugs that you wouldn't want in your lungs or eyes are tolerated by the rectum.

At the risk of belaboring the obvious, I'll conclude by stressing why this piece shouldn't convince you to rush out and give yourself (or ask your beloved to give you) a hallucinogenic enema. Every argument against taking hallucinogenic drugs by any route applies with full force to the enema. Drugs destroy your body slowly if used carefully. They kill you quickly if used carelessly. They cut off your access to all the diverse and persistent pleasures of a normal life, in return for brief flashes of a single sickening pleasure. Added to all those general arguments, drug enemas pose other risks of their own. They are so tricky to administer correctly that they can easily cause severe poisoning or death. Native Americans knew that they had to leave enema administration to an expert elder.

It's ironic that some of the same drugs that Indians learned to handle safely are today causing terrible and widespread problems in our society. While the drug enema is an old tradition in the New World, the groups that indulged in the practice had the good sense to reserve it for rare ritual occasions. The extreme care and relative infrequency (compared with drinking and smoking) with which the custom was practiced by the very people who invented it testifies to their understanding of its dangers.

Jared Diamond is an intestinal physiologist and evolutionary biologist at UCLA. His book Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies won a 1998 Pulitzer Prize.

COPYRIGHT 2001 American Museum of Natural History
    COPYRIGHT 2001 Gale Group

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1134/is_6_110/ai_76550319

18. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Can you do an "enema" and administer rcs? Suppose a certain legal chem was mixed in 1/mg/ml and that you squirted 6ml or mcormicks vodka up your butt. Would this technique work? Maybe SWIM would sruirt more like 3-4mg though. He took 8mg of this compound last time and 6 the time before and puked 2 hours into it. SWIM thinks this method would reduce his chances of puking, conserve chemy, and be more clean feeling in general. For some reason it never fails that when SWIM takes rcs dilluted in liquid his stomach ALWAYS feels funny right during the come up. Sometimes he pukes and sometimes he doesnt. It just seems like it has something to do with the liquid. SWIM has never taken any sublingually and for some reason he feels like this method would also be less likely to cause nausea but he doesnt have a good enough scale to take such a small dose.

19. Toltec

Toltec Newbie

Reputation Points:
    That was an interesting read. Thanks

20. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    As I've said before, rectal is the way to go. Just dissolve the RC into water. if it doesn't dissolve, throw a LITTLE bit of vodka in there (like a tablespoon or something). if you're scared of EtOH being absorbed from the rectum/sigmoid colon*, then microwave it for about 9 seconds. if this doesn't make your shot glass bubble all over, do it again. the point is, the shot glass will bubble over at some point--this is the alcohol coming out into the air.

Now, just sniff the liquid. See if it smells like ethanol. if not, you're ready to go.

FIRST, WAIT UNTIL IT'S A LITTLE BIT COOLER!! SWIM almost jumped out of this needless syringe blowing really hot water up there. But, then again, he might have like it. I'll have to ask him.

So, anyway, he shot this shit up his ass--mixed with 1/2 a bar of xanax (1mg) dissolved as well. It took about 5cc's to shoot that and about 10mg 2c-t-4 into his asshole.

WELL---forget everything I said about needing 50mg to get off. He got off and HARD! It was loads of fun though, as he reported to me. VERY visual, characteristic 3D overlays to everything, and extrememly pleasant mood. Actually, if I may retract an earlier statement, THIS was the experience that SWIM stared at clockwork orange avatar (nagognagog's pic) tiled on his wallpaper for 30min to an hour. BTW: SWIM WASN'T ME!!!

again, to quote him, "I LOVE MY ASSHOLE! FROM NOW ON, THIS IS ALL I'M GOING TO DO WITH DRUGS! ANY DRUGS! JUST SHOOT 'EM UP MY BUNGHOLE! WHOOO-HOOO"

After his wife and I told him he was probably gay now, he said "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! I'M HERE AND I'M QUEER!!! GIMME SOMETHING ELSE... ANYTHING TO STICK UP MY BUTT!!"

so, caution: you may enjoy this too much. and please don't delete this post as a bullshit-cross-post. I know I've already said something of the sort in a different post. But this is specifically about RC's. the anus is a wonderful place for solute-dissolved mucosal penetrion. and this also applies to RC's. they hit you WAY harder, and you need WAY less.

I think it's very much like snorting but here's why it's BETTER:
    1. without the non-stop pain (b/c it feels good :) j/k)
    2. no damage to the nasal septum or
    3. no danger of eating through your pterygoid plates and eventually into your brain,thus:
    4. no trips to the EENT to have your deviated septum repaired,
    5. safer (?): without the CYP enzymes in your nasal mucosa breaking down your RCs into something dangerous--something mentioned by someone else on here about the possible dangerous effects of snorting 2ct-7 and other 2c-X's.

ABOUT THE DESIRE TO SHIT AFTER APPLICATION:
    There are some creative ways that you can decrease your tendency to defacate after administration. If you preload with opiates (lortab, oxycodone, codeine, opium) or just take a couple of Immodium, you'll be fine. Another thing is just being dehydrated. I know that dehydration is always shunned, but if you've already got a hangover or haven't drank any water in a while, or are a caffeine junky and never drink any free water, you can do this and THEN drink yourself some water. (not adviseable) Also, you can consider adding about 1/2 an immodium to the mix. That should work as well, but only if you absolutely MUST take everything in the bum, like my friend, SWIM.

* about the EtOH in the bum... I know that people talk about doing this all the time, but I wouldn't do it. why? because, being a smart friend to a SWIM, I looked it up on Medline, and researchers have been using plain old ethanol (vodka, rum, everclear, etc.) to induce Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) in rats as an experimental model. Don't know about the rest of you, but I could do without making myself an IBD model. :D