Effects - Red Maeng Da Weird effects

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by chronicroaster, Mar 5, 2015.

1. chronicroaster

chronicroaster Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Michigan, U.S.A.
    I took an 8 gram dose of Red Maeng da from my trusted vendor. It was very fresh smelling. I got bad anxiety from it, and an overall uneasy felling. I wasn't nauesous or felt like I took to much, it felt like drinking too much coffee. I don't understand because its a red vein.

I have never taken Red Maeng Da before, and never had any effects like this from kratom before. I had to take 4 grams of red borneo and it subsided.

I knew this was maeng da because of the smell.

Has anyone had any effects like this from kratom or red maeng da?

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    it sounds like a common OD to me. 8 grams is a large amount and regardless of the vein colour maeng da is quite stimulating.
    Taking more kratom was a risk, personally I find a shot of vodka and a sit down will take the edge off, or just sit it out.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  3. Cousin Merle

Cousin Merle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It sounds like you took too much. 8 grams of a potent Maeng Da is a pretty hefty dose. I've had similar symptoms from taking too much of a stimulating strain of kratom such as Green Malay or some Thai strains. Just because it is labeled "red vein" doesn't really mean that much - each variety/batch of kratom you get is going to be somewhat unique in its makeup/composition, so you need to test it out to see what the optimal dose is. Try taking 4-5 grams instead of 8 next time and see if you react better.

4. chronicroaster

chronicroaster Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Michigan, U.S.A.
    I have never really dabbled in maeng da much, but even though this maeng da is a red vein it does not mean that it is going to be sedating over stimulating. Because I experienced a very stimulating side effect from taking this red vein. 8 grams is a lot for me. I usually dose about 5 grams, so taking the extra 3 grams may have played a role. I will be mixing this stain with others now. The green maeng da I have is more sedating than the red. Maeng da is kind of funny I have noticed.