1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Red Vein (Thai) kratom

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by spatchcock86, Jan 9, 2008.

1. spatchcock86

spatchcock86 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Florida, U.S.A.
    Swim up until now has been using the standard Bali X15 extract with good results. Just recently I decided to try some of the other products on offer and purchased some Thai Red Vein leaf. Unlike the last supplier, I noticed it doesn't come with recommended dosages.

What is an effective/strong dose for this strain of Kratom?? I am guessing it's less than you'd need of the premium Bali leaf, but more than the 15X Bali extract.

Any ideas???

Along with that I had a kind of extract. This also has no dosage instructions. See Below VVV

"28 grams / one ounce
    Special proprietary blend of ground leaf infused with Kratom extracts for a very concentrated product."

"Over 2,420mg of alkaloids per oz!
    of that over 500mg is Mitragynine!
    plus lots of 7-0H-Mitragynine"

"It takes nearly 250g of premium kratom leaf to make each ounce of this product!"

What would be a medium/strong dose of this??? :s

2. razorwiredildo

razorwiredildo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Red Vein (Thai)

if it is leaf that You got than try using 5-10 grams. since You has experience with kratom, he shouldn't have too much trouble with figuring out his dose. A lot of vendors will not give dosage for their products because they are "not meant for human consumption"

3. spatchcock86

spatchcock86 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Florida, U.S.A.
    Re: Red Vein (Thai)

Thanks. :thumbsup:

I have had a look about on the net and this seems to be the average dose for the red vein variety. Most people taking around 6-10g's unless a high tolerance has developed. it's potency is said to be somewhere in between the premium Kratom and the Maeng Da.

As for the Essence Blend, this appears to be a rather unique product so I was unable to find a dosage. I had a hunch that it may be stronger than the standard X15 extract though, so played it safe an took 1 gram to avoid possible nausea (2-3 grams of standard X15 being a strongish dose for swim) . While it doesn't appear to be as strong in stimulant department compared to the X15 that swims is used to, the opiate like qualities are stronger and more pronounced. Swim suspects this is due to a higher 7-Hydroxymitragynine content and also it having a more balanced ratio of the other alkaloids.

swim then later had another 1.5 grams shortly after knowing it was ok to do so. 3-4 grams, 5 at the very most will probably produce the best results. swim looks forward to the next experiment and although a higher dose is needed than the X15 it's more pronounced opiate likeness makes it superior. Good stuff!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  4. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    I have tried this. It was nothing remarkable, something like the "Pimps Kratom."

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  5. promnthevs

promnthevs Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM just ordered some Red Thai. I amn't expecting much, as he wasn't terribly impressed with Maeng Da. Still, he figures it's worth a try.

6. AUblake85

AUblake85 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    swim enjoys red Thai. quite uplifting in lower doses. I usually mixes red Thai with white Borneo

7. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    It is certainly pleasant but nothing mind blowing-- a good mixer with other kratom.

8. Dankfish

Dankfish Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah I really am not a fan of Thais, they just don't give me that full body buzz. It's like a mild bali to my body. Had to buy a large bag of it though because my vendor was only letting limited sizes be ordered of my go-to bali which is freaking amazing. Got some more on the way now because he took that limit off : )

9. Popwop

Popwop Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Red Thai would be good as part of a blend. My cat's tapeworm was never that impressed with it on it's own, he did enjoy it as part of a Malay,Bali, Thai mix though. In that tapeworms opinion Thai is overrated, he much prefers a nice green Malay or even WVSumatran.

10. Sassy88

Sassy88 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I agree.......I still like the Malaysian the best. It more balance and uplifting

11. Happy Camper

Happy Camper Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I love good Red Vein Thai. Has a lot more body buzz than other Thais. Also has some of the edginess of TMD, but not nearly as much. Longer lasting than TMD too. Pretty well rounded, like Green Malay, but edgier, more intense, although not as smooth. Not as long acting either.

12. C11H15

C11H15 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have found Red Thai kratom to be very sedating; an incredible body-buzz, slurred speech, euphoria, very similar to opiates.
    I even noticed an opiate-esque hallucinatory state.
    Other red's have these properties, borneo and thai red are favourites.
    SE asian purple drank, especially when combined with cannabis.

13. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Hi C11H15.
    What dose do you typically take?

Thai strains, both red and green were my strains of choice for many years.
    I think that Thai kratom is often underrated, personally i find it a good all-rounder although i do find that compared to something like Bali/Borneo the red veins are still not as sedating, even in higher doses.

14. C11H15

C11H15 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I usually take 2.5g or 3g (with little/no tolerance).
    Weighed out then poured into gel caps and kept as one dose. This usually knocks me on my ass.
    If I feel I wanna push it further a little (or prolong the experience) I redose with .5g and wait half hour.
    I also have to add; this dose in a brew form (using a cafetiere) is just as potent but is shorter in duration ad with more stimulation that gelcaps.
    Most stuff I've read say that my doses are real small, maybe I have a good source or maybe I'm just sensitive to kratom I'm not sure, but if I do anymore I green out and blackout (before I want to).

15. SuperCaesarKratomSalad

SuperCaesarKratomSalad Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    C11H15, extract is very different than plain leaf. Red Thai is plain leaf and a normal dose is about 5-6g. But it sounds like you may be referring to an extract.

Extracts are another story. Nobody can give you a recommended dose for an extract unless they know exactly how it was made. If it's a good quality extract 1-3g us actually a pretty high dose.

Stay safe.

16. C11H15

C11H15 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hi,
    Just to clarify; im talking about red vein thai dried leaf, not an extract and not enhanced. Weighed with regularly calibrated scales (accurate to 0.01+/-0.02).

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  17. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Then you have either hit the jackpot and got a really potent batch of kratom or you are very sensitive to kratom or you have a dodgy vendor that is spicing things up by adding something else to the kratom.

While i get good effects from 3 grams of my favourite Green Malay, i don't think i could ever say it 'knocks me on my ass'.

Enjoy it while it lasts, and if you make sure to leave plenty of time between doses you should be able to enjoy it for a long long time :)