1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug info - Red Veined Malaysian kratom

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Rhin, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Rhin

Rhin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Hey guy's. I am interested in buying Kratom, not an extract just regular old powdered Kratom.

This is "Red Veined Malaysian" Kratom that I am looking at and he can get 14 grams for cheap.

Is this type of Kratom any good? It is said to be straight from Malaysia.

How many grams of normal (Non extract) Kratom would SWIM need for medium to high effects?

SWIM searched the forum for a post about Red Veined Malaysian but couldn't find one.

2. ytrel

ytrel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    I have often wondered about Malaysian, but a search here came up with not much info. People don't seem to talk about it too much. Also, the Sundanese doesn't get much attention.

Can somebody speak to the benefits of both Malaysian and Sundanese? I'm wondering about trying some... most posts on this forum skip past it, and that makes me skeptical.

ytrel added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

UGH No!!!! I didn't mean to post in such disregard, total mind slip. SWIM's apologies, he has respect for the forums but totally spaced out.

you's forgiveness please!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  3. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    I have used both Malaysian and Sundanese Kratom before but did not think too much of them. My Kratom of choice has always been Thai.
    As for dosage, that all differs person to person. My usual dose (for strong effects, Euphoria) with Thai would have been 20 grams without tolerance. I would have tried the Malaysian and Sundanese Katom when i already had a high tolerance and i would use the same dose of them as i would my Thai but the effects were never as good for me.

But that is just my experience, it changes person to person.
    14 grams is probably enough for one strong dose or 2 medium doses in my opinion.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  4. Diabolicaldoll

Diabolicaldoll Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    ● Gender: Female
    ● Body weight: 90lbs
    ● Setting/environment: Home
    ● Route of administration: Mixed with yoghurt; oral.
    ● Taken on an empty stomach? Yes
    ● Dose (all together): 10g
    ● Duration of effects:
    ● Effects: mood uplifted, very mild euphoria.
    ● Unwanted effects: -
    ● Rating of experience: 5/10

● Other information: While I still need to experiment with regarding dose and effects, the strangest thing happened to me last night. 4-5 hours after taking Kratom I fell asleep on the sofa. All I remember is waking up and going to bed. However, I woke up this morning and seen that I had woken up whilst downstairs, eaten some food, fell back asleep, woke up and then went to bed. I have little memory of eating snacks, when I seen the empty packets I vaguely remembered doing so but it seems like a dream to me. Anyway, I've stashed food somewhere and can't find it, I had 4 packets, eaten two and can't find the other two packets haha.

5. Happy Camper

Happy Camper Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've tried Red Malay and found it to be nothing like Green Malay. It was much more sedating and Bali-like. It was good quality and fairly potent, but too expensive IMO.

6. Goinsdisease

Goinsdisease Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Green Malaysian has never done much for me but I saw some red Malaysian on sale on my favorite vendor site so, being a fan of red veins in general, I figured "why not save a buck?"

I'm a male, 6'2" 150lbs in fair to good health.

I took a smaller dose than usual, 6 grams (my usual is 10) on an empty stomach, because the vendor site described it as being especially potent.

The effects we're fully apparent in 45 minutes, which is longer than most strains I've used. A lift in mood and energy that was objectively noticeable to others. This last for about an hour and a half. After the energy subsided, I was left with a feeling of calm and relaxation through my whole body. Not identical to the euphoria of bali but more depth and fullness than the green vein type... if that makes sense.

I was left with the impression that the effects of this type went through stages and was very long lasting maybe 6 hours. I went on to order it several times and it has become a favorite of mine.

7. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Green malay is hard to beat these days with a couple of good source vendors supplying some fantastic product. Its a big difference from the malay that was on sale when i made my previous post.
    Red malay is ok, i prefer to stick with a good bali/borneo if i want a red veined strain.

8. baselined

baselined Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've never come across red vein malay myself. But I have to agree, the green malay that's been around recently has been superb! A 2-3 gram dose has me left reminiscent of the days when 10mgs of hydrocodone had me giddy as a school girl. Doses of over 5 grams can have me nodding even, however, also quite constipated ;)

9. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    It really is a great strain.
    Ive found over the years that every so often a certain strain comes out that beats the rest hands down. For the last couple of years green malay has been made available that is of a very high quality thanks to a great source vendor.
    3 or 4 years ago maeng Da made a name for itself and it was great while it was available, unfortunatly there are vendors offering what they claim is 'maeng da' but it is probably nothing more than a basic Thai. I think that Green Malay is the new Maeng Da and who knows in a few more years something else will come along that takes its place.
    Before that there was some very potent Bali, and also some very nice Indo. I think that kratom is in a way like Wine in that certain strains and vein colours have good years and average years. Green Malay has been enjoying its status for a while, i'm pretty sure that the weather plays an important role in potency so it is only natural that certain locations will end up having good years and bad years in regards to alkaloid production.