Dose - Redosing Mushrooms on the Comedown?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by whatswimdo, Feb 23, 2007.

1. whatswimdo

whatswimdo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    66 y/o from U.K.
    So I was wondering, when coming down if you ingest more shrooms, does it elevate you back up. or is it just a waste of shrooms? SWIM never actually tried this, cause by the time I was coming down, he was out of shrooms anyways. but I will try to conserve if this is the case. any ideas?

2. Flimmar

Flimmar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: More on the comedown?

I haven't tried it himself, but he is to believe, that at the comedown a tolerance has already been build up.

He has gotten the idea from a friend who consumed some LSD, and on the comedown he consumed a blotter more, and he said it was a waste - he did however get the feeling of it, but not getting the full Monty.

Let's get a psychonaut's input :)

3. pabel_giboon

pabel_giboon Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    113 y/o

Redosing mushrooms from +1.5 hours after the first ingestionto +2 days will be a complete waste. Also mushroom comedown is one of the smoothest, easiest and more soul-rewarding comedowns I have ever experienced. Enjoy it! Maybe a couple of beers over the end of the comedown can do a little boost and help sleeping.
    Trip safe.

4. chAos

chAos Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from belgium

About a month ago swim redosed after about 3 hours. First he took syrian rue, after an hour he took 30 grams of fresh amazonian mushrooms. 3 Hours later the effects started fading a bit and he ate 25 grams of fresh mckennai mushrooms. Eating the mushrooms the 2nd time (while still tripping from the first dose) was very hard, but they certainly had effect. I was still tripping and he never tried redosing later in his trip, so he wouldn't know if it has still effect during the comedown.

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Using a MAOI throws a whole other variable into play - so that shouldn't be considered. pabel_giboon is correct. For the tolerance to go away completely, one should wait at least a week between ventures.

Remember - Aldous Huxley only took psychedelics three times in his entire life. It's not a car chase.

6. donkey rhubarb

donkey rhubarb Newbie

Reputation Points:

So would You suggest redosing after an hour? Typically SWIM's termites find mushrooms hit them hard after 15 to 20 minutes so after an hour and they have had time to return to their hill to evaluate their current situation a boost at this point could be worthwhile.

Just to be clear these pests have 3.8 grams and never know how the mushrooms will hit and haven't had this experience for about a year so they were going to take 2 grams, then take the rest if they are handleing the two alright. These silly little wood eating, house destroying mites, enjoy very much an intense experience, but these mites will most likely not have much company around and don't want to fall to far away from the nest...

7. chAos

chAos Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from belgium

I have no idea about it's effects when taken after an hour, but he can tell you that You will have a very hard time eating them while tripping :). But it's possible if You wants to.