Redosing on MDMA

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by WrtngCocaineTutorial, Aug 14, 2006.

1. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    HEllo!

I see it's often recommended to redose 1/3rd of the original dose about an hour after the first dose is ingested. To prolong the peak .

[​IMG]

one hour after ingestion is not said as an "absolute" but I wonder if anyone has tried redosing later? If You redose, at what time does he/she do it?

Judging from the graph, I'd think somewhere in between 2-4 hours looks good (<

2. London_Bloke

London_Bloke Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes, SWIM always redoses at the 2-2.5 hour mark. It just seemed like the right time. SWIM apologizes for not having anything more empirical to back it up, this is purely instinctual. SWIM and SO are not hard heads, so 1 to start, followed by the second at about 2 hours.

3. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Swim usually redoses around 2-3 hours after the first dose and takes the same amount again. He knows it will take about a hour to kick in so times it roughly an hour before he thinks the first dose will be wearing off.

4. Powder_Reality

Powder_Reality Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I like to redose either as soon as he peaks or an hour or so after. It can add a nice boost to the original dose as well as prolonging the peak.

I would be interested in learning the actual science behind efficient MDMA use. Such as how much serotonin is released in relation to the dose size, and when is the best time to redose based on how fast the brain can regenerate serotonin.

I have an idea that could help prolong the MDMA experience, but is not sure whether it would ever actually work, or is even safe to do so. But this is basically his idea:

2 Hours Before Dosing: Consume 100 mg of 5-HTP
    1 Hour Before Dosing: Consume another 100 mg of 5-HTP
    Consume MDMA Dose
    1 Hour after MDMA Dose: Consume 100 mg of 5-HTP
    2-3 Hours after MDMA Dose: Consume Second MDMA Dose
    8 Hours after First MDMA Dose: Cosume 100 mg of 5-HTP

SWIM's theory is that by taking the 5-HTP before dosing, it would help increase the amount of serotonin present in the brain which would only help to increase the overall experience. After the user peaks on their first dose of MDMA, they would take another 100 mg of 5-HTP to help kick-start the serotonin production. When the second MDMA dose is consumed, the brain already has extra serotonin to be released, allowing for a longer and better experience. And then of course another 100 mg to help regenerate serotonin after the experience.

I have heard quite a few positive reports on the benefits of pre-loading and post-loading with 5-HTP, but has never really heard of anyone taking it during the experience and between doses. Once again, I don't know whether this would work or not, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone as he isn't aware of the possible side effects it could cause (serotonin syndrome, etc.). Still, he is interested in seeing what other users think about it or know about it.

5. mrsnuggles

mrsnuggles Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    53 y/o from U.K.
    I'm aware this is an old thread, but that's what the search is for, digging up old threads to prevent repeats.

I am rolling tomorrow night, and am going to start with 150mg, then redose with 50mg 1 hour into the peak. Will I be able to redose again with 50mg an hour later? Or is this asking for a harsh come down?

I will arrive at the event at 11pm, and it ends at 6am. I want to be peaking until 4.30/5 so I make the most of the night. I'm guessing I will need more than just one redose.

Could some one please suggest what they would do?

This will be my third time rolling, all with 30 day gaps. On the previous two rolls I have had no noticable signs of a comedown as far as depression. Just tiredness, which I'm fine with :) But on these times I dosed in a way that I have since then read is a bad way. I waited to come down from peak before I redosed.

Thanks a lot!

6. xyz789

xyz789 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I think you'll find you'll be able to get away with that (although the initial dose of 150 mg seems a tad high). I've redosed on two occasions (120+60mg both times) and I've never had a comedown, on the contrary I've had a wonderful afterglow. That's not to say you'll react in the same way though, but as you've spaced your rolls well and you've only used mdma twice previously, I think you should be OK. However I would seriously advise against redosing more than once. The jury's still out on mdma neurotoxicity, but if it does exist then you're in the danger zone with those kind of doses. Besides, the efficacy of each subsequent redose becomes less and less- your brain only has a limited amount of serotonin.

As for the timing of the one redose, I think that is an interesting question. I've always redosed two hours after the initial ingestion, and that seemed to work well but it is not necessarily the best option. The consensus on this thread seems to be T+1hr. Perhaps some other posters more knowledgeable about this subject could advise you better.

7. mrsnuggles

mrsnuggles Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    53 y/o from U.K.
    Thanks a lot xyz, I shall re-dose once and once only then! Depending on how hard I come up, will determine whether I wait an hour or two hours, or some where between for the 50mg boost.

Thanks for the advice :)

8. ezone

ezone Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Ask Dr Shulgin ... Quoting form PIHKAL #109 MDMA ...

"In clinical use, largely in psychotherapeutic sessions of which there were many in the early years of MDMA study, it became a common procedure to provide a supplemental dosage of the drug at about the one and a half hour point of the session.

This supplement, characteristically 40 milligrams following an initial 120 milligrams, would extend the expected effects for about an additional hour, with only a modest exacerbation of the usual physical side-effects, namely, teeth clenching and eye twitching.

A second supplement (as, for instance, a second 40 milligrams at the two and a half hour point) was rarely felt to be warranted."

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  9. mrsnuggles

mrsnuggles Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    53 y/o from U.K.
    ezone, that is really helpful! i'll post back on this thread tomorrow just saying how I it went.

Will be dosing 150mg (+/- 10mg) followed by a 50mg (+/- 10mg) between an hour and 2 hours from hitting peak!

ROLLY POLLY

10. xyz789

xyz789 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hope you have a great time, just one more point: I think most of the advice on this thread has been to redose between one and two hours after the initial dose, not after the peak, maybe try that instead?

11. ezone

ezone Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    In my experience what works best for me is to take a dose (120-150mg) and 90 minutes later I take either a third or a half of the amount I took to start with. (thats t+90 after dropping)

I've found that this gives an strong overall effect for about 5 to 6 hours, a nice gentle comedown and I never need to take any more. (unless I'm at a session or a festival)

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  12. mrsnuggles

mrsnuggles Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    53 y/o from U.K.
    Hi guys,

I dosed 100mg then an hour later took 50mg. I peaked for 3-4 hours but it wasn't that intense. For me I think back to my 150mg starter would be best, followed by 50mg an hour later :)

Come down was minimal, just tired the following day :)