refill of oxycodone/acetaminophen

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by tone272, Mar 21, 2007.

1. tone272

tone272 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hello. I recently had his whole bottle of percocet stolen from him almost immediately after receiving his prescription. he has no idea who it may have been, and he certainly does not want to get the police involved. should he go to his doctor and just be honest with him so he can get a new script, or will he just think he is lying to try and score more pills? any suggestions please!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2014
  2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    doctors are legaly only allowed to prescribe enough of a certain narcotic to cover a time period. what that means is they legaly can't prescribe You more percocets until the period of time that prescription was supposed to last has past. if it is a legal prescription of swiy's and it did indeed get stolen and not just eaten by You then reporting the crime would allow the doctor reason to be able to prescribe more percs. If You asked their doctor for more pills with a story if the first ones being stolen they will simply think You is trying to get more pills and will probably stop prescribing You narcotics. Best case scenario is the doctor is very cool and believes You and prescribes a similar pain pill, since they can't prescribe the same kind yet. But if You went into the doctor with a copy of a police report saying that crime was reported they would be more likely to believe You and would also be able to justify prescribing more pain pills.

1. 4/5,
      A sensible and well put post regarding involvement of police.
      Dec 31, 2014
  3. tone272

tone272 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    the thing is, I dont want to get the police involved because I had an idea of who might have done it, and even though I am very pissed off at this person, I dont want to get him in any kind of trouble with the police

4. Dissociative

Dissociative Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, depending on who You thinks took it, you should still report it. You don't necessarily have to cause them trouble. Don't say you had it at home if theres where this person is, say you keep it with you or something, make sure there are on holes of course. But, they aren't going to throw out an entire investigation on a bottle of percocet. Just be sure that this person isn't coming to have any suspicion on them in case of a drug test. Or, ask them.

5. tone272

tone272 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yea because swim def doesnt want to get someone in trouble where the house occured who had nothing to do with it. should I go to the doc first and see if he'll believe swim, and get a police report only if necessary? or will it just make him look worse?

6. Sickpup

Sickpup Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Most states its the law u need a police report for a replacement c-2.LOL,don't worry the police get hundreds of someone stole my alprazolam or oxycodone every day.they will make a case number,give u a little card to show the doctor,and off you go.Don't worry,there not going to get detectives ,and forensic techs involved in petty crap.Most likely a cadet volunteer does the report.In fort lauderdale they have an automated phone system in the police station that does it.

7. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    the police aren't going to investigate it. they will simply take a report. probably wont even show up, just make a report. You then goes to pig station and requests said report of incident to show to doctor. (much like if You had their house robbed. the report is made for stats and insurance reasons, though an investigation is normally never conducted.)

8. tone272

tone272 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks for the advice guys, i think that is what i am going to do

9. thatogredude

thatogredude Newbie

Reputation Points:
    despite what some believe... police may in fact look into it if it is reported, it all depends on the size of your local force. Being as how living in the sticks has little control over the drug abuse in my area, they jump on every oppertunity to make a drug related bust they can. Similar problem encountered by me's cousin, who stole SWIM's aunt's bottle of morphine. Aunt called police, didn't want her arrested, just wanted the pills back and to scare cousin. Didn't turn out to go as aunt wanted it, and cousin wound up in jail. never turn to the police, take it up with the person on swiy's own time, or bribe someone to shake the theif down.

1. 3/5,
      Please don't advocate such potentially hazardous and potentially illegal measures.
      Dec 31, 2014
  10. IkBenDeMan

IkBenDeMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    It depends on how you handle the situation with the police. In this situation it is probably best for him to give them an ambiguous report of the happening. Not to incriminate anybody. Please don't bribe somebody to shake anybody down. Obviously, if the police KNEW who stole it, they were going to bust that person. Try to be logical and not give detrimental advice, not meaning to flame, just think about it... he doesn't have to tell the police he has any idea how it happened or who did it... he just needs to get another script.

1. 4/5,
      Exactly, no need for such elaborate and risky action.
      Dec 31, 2014
  11. ironmics

ironmics Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    Staff note: to Pinkavvy in post #2
    I have gotten a RX of tylenol 3's then percocet 2 days later because of escalating pain. So it's definitely possible to get different opiates in a short time frame at least. He's also got darvocet, tylenol 3, and tramadol in the same week.

12. RonArtest

RonArtest Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    My DOC, after going from darvocet to vikes to percs to dilaudid, gave him a refill after his bottle was stolen out of his truck, without a copy of the police report. SWIM still reported it tho... Depends on the level of trust you have with your doc.

13. oxalot

oxalot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    In a document required and signed by patient and doctor of a pain clinic, as required by the DEA, the point is made that the Dr. cannot and will not replace stolen or dropped in the toilet meds. SWIM doc recommends a safe for their opiate bottles. "He will in no way risk a trip to jail for any idiot patient who does not keep good track of his/her meds". (quote from doc so as not to flame anyone) SWIM's doc has first hand experienec with the DEA forcing their way in to his office. No trouble since he was compiant. However the point is that no matter how "cool" a doc is or seems he is whether he knows or not in direct violation of this code. So for you r sake and his be careful with this thing. Get the report, yes but he may require you to visit the emergency room to do this the right way.

1. 4/5,
      Important information imparted.
      Dec 31, 2014