Experiences - Reflections on Propylhexedrine (10 days later)

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by Nicaine, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Well guys, about 10 days ago I started using propylhexedrine (Benzedrex) on a semi-regular basis. After this period of time, the situation is becoming easy to sum up: SWIM's earlier estimate was way off. This stuff resembles amphetamines in most of the ways that count.

True, it's no crystal meth; However, it is definitely another Ritalin or Adderall. SWIM exhibits completely classic side effects: Going on rolls (using too long/often until exhausted, barely eating or not eating at all during that time); Compulsive behavior, including compulsive spending; Highly increased motivation and productivity; Increased sex drive; Gradual decline in health, altho 10 days is not long enough to take SWIM out yet... but he's neglecting a lot of things that he wasn't before. Oh yeah... neglect of previous activities that were interesting when not "up" on a substance and highly focused on absorbing tasks like computer time.

So I say -- be both warned and encouraged. Propylhexedrine is both well worth it as a recreational drug, and has many of the downsides of speed and speed-like substances. Including the potential for compulsive use and a downward spiral into some very sick territory.

Edit -- on a brighter note, I have basically given up coke after doing it once or twice a week for the past few months... spending too much money to have enough left over for crap like that, not to mention that in some ways propylhexedrine is better (length of effects, mental clarity, motivation).

Now I was about to get some sleep after 36 hrs up, but he's got one Benzedrex left lying around, & it would be better if he went to bed at night when his sleep schedule is correct anyway... :rolleyes: At least it's not as physically exhausting as coke, but it seems to be worse for the body/health over time. Probably because of much greater lengths of time not eating properly, forgetting to brush teeth, etc.

Then again maybe this is mostly BS and I am just behaving compulsively toward this substance, the way some people behave that way toward slot machines or roulette wheels. There's much in life that doesn't fit neatly into defined categories. Maybe there's no way of knowing for sure.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    although I hasn't tried propylhexedrine yet, it seems to fall under that category of "lifestyle drugs" from the reports, mainly swiNicane and swiNahbus's analyses of the substances. you know, the kind of drug thats easy to slip into one's daily regimen, for better or for worse. swim sees many stimulants as well as opiates and benzodiazepines as falling into this category as well, which may be why all of them are so addictive. its easy to use these drugs and still accomplish day to day activities. sometimes the drugs even make these activities easier or more fun. also, the sense of being "almost like being sober...but its even better" is why I think that these classes of drugs can be so addictive. sometimes its hard to tell if one is messed up unless one really pays attention to the signs of intoxication. I am guessing that propylhexedrine would meet these qualifications. I am also willing to wager that other people would not be able to easily tell if a I was on propylhexedrine, except that they may notice more socialization or compulsive behavior. even if this were noticed, most people would just chalk it up to adderall use. is swim correct in his guesses?

3. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Pretty much. It does qualify as a "Lifestyle drug" (except maybe for the ugly combo of breaking open brittle plastic nasal inhalers, eating cotton in small bits/pieces to prevent choking, + the shudder-inducing taste of lavender oil/menthol... of course I could start extracting, so there aren't many excuses).

It's curious why I felt at first that propyl was quite weak and not comparable to "real" stimulants. He was probably comparing it directly to coke, which feels very different (the whole focus of coke is the 'high' which is its own goal/end/reward, while amphetamine-like substances reward more through productivity, energy, awakeness and focus).

4. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    swim understands completely about the initial belief that the propyl could be weak. I had high expectations for many all of his so called "lifestyle drugs" that cocaine, morphine, xanax, etc. would completely knock him on his ass. when he finally tried them he was surprised to find out that they provided more of a state of enhanced mood or productivity than a mind-bending altered state of consciousness. this initially led him to believe that these drugs are no big deal. thats part of their insidiousness though, one can keep doing these drugs often because one thinks theyre stronger than the seemingly weak drug! but over time, one gains the proper expectation for what the drugs are supposed to do, and thus I think that the appreciation for these drugs is something that must be cultivated with repeated use, rather than becoming hooked on one's first try.

it sounds like propylhexedrine would lend itself towards productivity as well, rather than a coke buzz where a swim might want to sit around, talk, and chainsmoke.

5. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I agree completely, when I did prop, he was looking for that high that was so euphoric that it by itself was entertaining enough to pass the time away, but ended up being rewarded by his bonus energy, productivity, positive attitude, and euphoric feeling.... while I dont think this will ever replace his addy or find its way on his regular schedule it is a nice alternative to a cup of coffee to brighten up your day.

6. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I feel those with access to Adderall/Ritalin etc. are pretty well off... his scripts are all for downers, unfortunately. It's not so easy to establish a history of ADHD as an adult, either (I don't really have ADHD, just speculating). So Propylhexedrine it is. Maybe someday I will find the right connect, doctor, whatever.

7. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Deleted due to not liking the original post much :).

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  8. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    any side effects from frequent use, swiNicaine? especially anything different than use of coke and speed? I am quite curious since he doesnt think the health issues have really been looked at with this drug.

9. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    It appears that PH has very similar effect to amphetamines/ritalin, etc.

Though the drug companies have not put out any warning (likely for fear of a lawsuit and subsequent loss of revenue), this substance should be ragarded as having the same possibility of addiction and harm to the user. If the company does not tell you this can hurt you, and you use it in a way not specified on the box - you can be arrested. Lawsuits will likely fail.

Please be careful.

10. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I'm ending my posts to this thread, by request of moderation staff. I never felt that a clear reason was provided, only that maybe I've been posting too much on the topic of propylhexedrine lately and it's raising some red flags. It *is* true that calling too much attention to it risks having it banned.

As a final note, I've never tried propylhexedrine or Benzedrex in my life and never intend to (unless maybe it's to clear my sinuses, but probably not even that -- I dislike the smell of lavender). All the information on this thread was relayed to me by one of the 4 or 5 people I know who do use substances, and whom I collectively refer to as SWIM.

Anyway, see you guys around the forum.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006