Remember, hold in your hit

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Pinkavvy, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swip smokes alot of weed. His whole family does. It's a spiritual thing, and is literally consumed all day long via smoke and cooked into every meal. Always trying new genetics, and smoking as many differant strains possible. With sky high tolorances, there always comes a day of stoner clarity where you remember that if you hold your hit in to the count of 20 (about 12 seconds) you do absorb much more of the active vapors. This day comes around every couple months or so, somebody will suddenly remember and hold their hit in and pass the pipe with a verbal reminder to the next person that "remember to hold your hit in" and everybody remembers again. The next few days the on and off custom of "holding your hit until the next person inhales" keeps everybody good and stoned'er. The custom is soon forgot and the cycle continues.

So, this is just a friendly reminder to all the stoners out there, Remember to hold your hit, it actually does get you more stoned, remember? :)

//end stoned ramblings//

1. 4/5,
      Thanks for the reminder!
      Mar 9, 2007
  2. Nacumen

Nacumen Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    What I want to know is, how long can a hit be held in until it's 99% pointless to do so anymore?

3. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Swia inhales until she cant anymore when she smokes her divine medication and loves meditating that way as well.

4. Buddah

Buddah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes swim also loves to hold his hit in gives a slight head rush when exhaling too

5. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Nacumen asks: "how long can a hit be held in until it's 99% pointless to do so anymore?"

Get a Vaporizer.

If you inhale a full blast of vaps, you can tell when there is NONE when you blow them out.
    For me, about 20 seconds is sufficient.
    Then, when I exhale, almost no "smoke" comes out at all.
    Try this experiment yourself, then you will KNOW the answer.

6. Overdoze

Overdoze Newbie

Reputation Points:
    OMG

Doesnt anybody know that Thc is absorbed within 3 seconds of contact. There is no point in holding it in. I guess you guys like respiratory damage...

7. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Overdoze, please share us your great wisdom. Cite sources of course, while your at it. A simple google search shows a whole LOT of experts like yourself making claims on forums saying that it's all out within 3 seconds, 5 seconds, 7 seconds, 13 seconds, 2 seconds, and one person said holding will cause thc OD. So of all these experts to believe, which shall we believe? None, cause none cited sources.

The cannabible, second edition, says that MOST thc is absorbed within the first 7 seconds but that is not a set in stone rule. Of course holding for more then 20 seconds could cause oxygen deprevation, but a good healthy 12 or 15 seconds should be good. Also, as the god Quinton T. pointed out, the more your cough the more surface area of your lung lining is exposed, causing more absorption. It's also a fact that "breathing on a hit" causes smoke to circulate to all areas of lung linins, causing more absorbption.

8. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    If You really believes this bull then test it out swiys self.....smoke a spliff and only hold for 3 seconds at most per toke.....then when You is sober smoke a spliff and hold in each toke for 10 or 12 seconds....You will soon realise that holding in gets one a lot more stoned. Holding in for 3 seconds is a waste of precious THC ......swim knows people who smoke spliffs in the same way as they would smoke ciggarettes and I has noticed how long it takes them to get baked. I have a much higher tolerence than these people and swim gets stoned way before these people as he doesnt waste most of the THC filled smoke which enters his lungs. Less joints are needed to get high ( or bong hits, etc ), which means a bag of weed lasts longer , which means more money is saved which means I am very happy. Bravo for holding in your hit!

9. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    even if the 3, 6, 12, or any other amount of seconds is true for ansorbtion of THC, THC is not the only active in cannabis, what about the CBD, and CBN? I am definatly on the side of the longer hold which makes traffic lights a great game ;-)

10. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  11. Demented Ferret

Demented Ferret Newbie

Reputation Points:
    In my opinion, regardless of whether holding in the hit for longer has any more effect or not, it can't hurt. Make it a good habit.

12. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well actually it can hurt, seeing as you are holding the smoke in longer and causing further damage to your lungs. Tt would be nice to know whether you are getting more effects or not in causing yourself more trouble.

13. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim also smokes alot of weed, from his experience 7 seconds does alot more than just exhaling immediately, he has also experimented with holding his hit 20 seconds and really didnt see a difference from holding the hit 7 seconds, swim also knows that exhaling a hit immediately after inhaling you don't get all of the thc because he has shotguned his hit directly to his girlfriend and she has gotten stoned soley off from inhaled hits that he took and she has a high tolerance from smoking daily. So I would say 7seconds is best, about lung damage I has no idea. Payce

14. The Doors

The Doors Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM tends to try to not keep the smoke in too much. Asides from the potential health hazzards, as the studies that Bajeda posted demonstrated, doesnt holding the smoke longer each time rise the tolerance level?

I have a pretty high pot tolerance but doesnt care how high he gets, he smokes for the enjoyment and for the relaxed state of mind it puts him in. Sometimes he holds his breath for 5bowl hits and reaches lower effects then if he only smoked one bowl, granted pot quality can play a certain role...

15. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Tolerence raises because more THC and other cannibanoids are being absorbed per hit hence one's monkey gets more stoned off less marijuana.

16. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    can swim exhale now ?

17. Strykar

Strykar Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

How true!
    This happens to my click exactly like that *grin*