Experience Report - Report: Psilocybe Cubensis (Ecuadorian)

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Nature Boy, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I ate 20g fresh of Ecuadorian cubes tonight. They had been recommended to him by a few of his friends, many of whom consider them to be amongst the most pleasant shrooms they've tried. I was quite impressed with them. He chose to simply eat them as opposed to the usual routine of making mushroom tea. They tasted fairly fibery, the typical cube taste. He didn't have much trouble stomaching them once they got down the hatch.

They took about 20-30 minutes to start working. There was no stomach nausea of note. He experienced some minor change in sight but nothing major. He didn't have the trip toys and the glowsticks out tonight so my experience was based more upon mood and conversation than the combination of music and hallucination. He was very impressed by how simple it is to perform everyday functions while on these. Unlike most other mushroom trips there were no periods of confusion. I was simply chatting away, smoking a few joints and watching TV for the night.

The effects began to wear off about four hours after eating. He was still feeling them a small bit until some random idiot walked in off the street and invaded the house he was in. The police had to be called and they dragged the lunatic away. That incident killed off the last of the trip and any fits of giggles that he had been experiencing throughout the night.

To sum up, the Ecuadorian cubes are very nice indeed. They couldn't be described as intense, the effects are far more subtle. Physically I felt great all night apart from the hunger when they wore off but that comes with the territory. I would recommend these to anyone looking for a nice, simple, chilled-out night with friends.Edited by: nature_boy_liam

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2009
  2. Mezza

Mezza Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.S.A.
    Im right there with you, Equadorians are always very lucid, clear, and energetic for me. A very 'clean' shroom trip, no doubt.

Ever try B+'s? To SWIM, feels like he's rolling on MDA for majorty of the experience. The body buzz/euphoria is *that* intense at only 2g.

Mezza

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I've never heard of B+'s. Could you explain what they are to me or post up a link or something?

4. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    As far as I am aware, B+ is simply a versatile strain of psilocybe cubensis</span> which is popular among cultivators. Its fruit are also larger than other strains.

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Round Two:

Two nights ago I had his second experience of the Ecuadorian variety of psilocybe cubensis. The portion this time was significantly larger, about 30g fresh. He ate about 5g of them but these were particularly mean tasting (I have never come across a batch of cubensis that tasted so foul) so he decided to throw the rest into tea which is usually much easier to consume. He had some MDMA with him also some of which he consumed simulataneously with the tea.

The onset was slower than normal with the shroom tea. Normally it only takes about 15 minutes to kick in but he didn't start to feel effects until a good 45 minutes after. The MDMA seemed to hit him pretty hard and his body felt as though it was overheating somewhat. SWIM's palms were sweaty, he was salivating at the mouth and he was in a rather uncomfortable state. He hadn't had shrooms for a few months before this, with one LSD trip in between, so his mind seemed to interpret the shrooms differently. He experienced many open eye visuals while staring at artwork, furniture, patterns etc. but to his surprise he experienced no closed eye visuals of note. Every OEV he experienced seemed rather dull, confusing and colourless unlike all of his other shroom trips. To make matters worse, he slipped into a negative frame of mind, something that doesn't happen too often to him on psychedelics. The world seemed rather bland, as if life had lost all its fun and excitement. He was also rather annoyed that he didn't have any marijuana or hash to smoke because a good smoke usually cheers him up.

I was particular surprised by some of the visuals he saw. They weren't amazing or anything but when looking at certain people's faces he saw something which could only be described as a Picasso face. It was subtle at first, but soon he saw them very clearly. People's expressions looked just like a Picasso portrait where eyes were where ears should be, the nose was out of place, people's faces were expanding around their entire heads etc. He experienced this vision mildly a few weeks back on LSD but on the high dose of shrooms it was more significant than ever.

awww.24hourmuseum.org.uk_content_images_2005_3127.JPG

As the shrooms wore off, he began to cheer up. Stomach nausea had been effecting him all night and may well have been one of the reasons why he didn't enjoy his trip. He sold off the rest of my MDMA as he felt he was not in the physical state to take it. He began drinking a LOT of beer and the drunker he got, the more he forgot about how bad the trip was.

I think he might lay off the psychedelics for some time or at least reduce dosage. He's had more intense mushroom trips but none this negative. Realistically, he'll probably be doing shrooms again in a few months time. There are many different strains I haven't tried yet and want to but he'll have to treat them more carefully.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006