Experience Report - Report: Psilocybe Cubensis (Mexican)

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Nature Boy, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    SWIM obtained some fresh Mexican mushrooms yesterday legally due to a new loophole in legislation that allows us here in Ireland to buy magic mushrooms over the counter in certain stores. His portion cost XXX, contained five long-stemmed mushrooms with big round caps, and weighed just over 20g.

Having not tripped on mushrooms in quite a while, and having never attempted something like this before, SWIM chewed up the mushrooms and swallowed them all within the space of a few minutes.

The onset was standard; I was a little excited and he calmed my nerves by smoking some hasj (very good caramello he got in Holland). He was with a few buddies but none of them were tripping for the night, they were drinking.

We went back into the house after the smoke and made some pizza. He felt the effects beginning to kick in, it now being an hour or so since he ate the shrooms. One of SWIM's mates put on some music (Dream Theater) but for some reason, the music (which is normally decent) irritated him as it was too heavy and too "evil" sounding. He munched the pizza and headed down to the basement of the house to give my head a rest.

SWIM threw on "Super Mario Kart: Double Dash" on the Nintendo GameCube, now an hour and a half after having eaten. He was thoroughly enjoying the game, and he was getting severe rushes of giddiness, randomly bursting into laughter. He played for about half an hour until my friends re-joined me.

We tried to watch TV but a few people (whom he didn't know) kept walking down to the basement messing with the drumkits and guitars that were lying around. These noises really fucked with SWIM's head and he started feeling very uneasy and anxious. Although my friends didn't realise it, he was panicking to the extreme inside his own head. Five seconds felt like five minutes, and his emotions were shifting from giddy to paranoid to giddy to paranoid again, over and over, very rapidly.

This uneasiness continued for a while and although SWIM built up a joint to keep my head focused, he wouldn't smoke off it because he felt the strong hasj would just drive him insane. Everytime someone suggested something he wasn't too up for ("Let's go to the shop"), he got extremely scared about it, but he just had to swallow his paranoia and get on with it. The longer the trip lasted, the more he adjusted himself to it. It reminded him very much of his first acid trip, but it was more of an emotional rollercoaster (not very visual) as opposed to his LSD kaleidoscopic visions.

With the peak finally behind me, some five hours after eating, the night levelled out and I got back to normal, though he still felt a little warped and his pupils were extremely dialated. With the mushrooms having finally gotten out of his system, he went to bed very pleased, as if he had just escaped something extremely uncomfortable.

Has anyone had a mushroom trip like this before? I guess eating 20g in a few minutes was over-doing it.Edited by: nature_boy_liam

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2009
  2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Round Two:

A week later SWIM decided to go for the psilocybe cubensis again in order to determine whether the problem with my last trip was the setting or the dosage. He decided to ingest a lower dose, 15g, and to completely change the setting; he went to a nice, peaceful open field on one of the hottest days of the year.

SWIM ingested what was a large single mushroom (looked very similar to last week's dose) at about 2.30pm. He had not eaten anything that morning apart from a small bowl of cornflakes, so the effects hit him very quickly. He was beginning to feel giddy within half an hour. His friends, who were also shrooming, helped the atmosphere a lot and they basically laughed their asses off for four hours whilst smoking through nearly a 1/4 of hash.

Visuals seemed a little clearer, and at one stage, with the help of the bright sunlight, I started getting what he could best describe as moderately strong closed-eye visuals. His pupils did not stay dialated for as long afterwards and he had no problems digesting the mushroom itself.

This worked out as a very positive and fulfilling experience due to it being well planned in terms of setting, company and conversation. SWIM's likely to try some Thai shrooms next week. Look out for a report...Edited by: nature_boy_liam

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  3. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    You got your facts mixed up a bit: psilocybe mexicana is not sold as mexican mushrooms, it's sold as truffles. You probably had psilocybe cubensis, which are mexican mushrooms. Then there is no loophole in the law, it's just legal until the government decides to make it illegal. Other than that; thanks for your experience!

4. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    That's odd. The packet (though it didn't look very official) was labelled psilocybe mexicana. And they certainly weren't truffles.

They looked like cubensis, so you may be right:

[​IMG]

5. als5555

als5555 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i've had ones that look like those before, but they were from hawai and were alittle blue in color, but the shape is identical. they weren't very visual either. instead i was feeling a lot of wierd things. i had three decent sized mushrooms (stem cap and all) and by the time they kicked it i just lied down in my bed and comcentrated on my fingers and toes. they felt like they weregrowing out into the room. if i touched them to anything they would grow into what ever they were touching. if i stuck them into the air they would grow into the air. not just get longer, but actually grow into the air, like become and join with the air in the room so that i could feel it all. i couldn't see this with my eyes open or shut, even looking at my fingers i could only feel it. they were the first shrooms that i didn't get visuals off of, but the feelings i was getting were awesome. i haven't gotten them since, but i am still keeping an eye out for them.

6. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    it was 20g wet shrooms right? 20g dry would be a savage move. i once
    took about 4 grams dried with 3 of my friends. 2 of them took 2 grams
    and my other friend took 4 as well. (we were both really into shrooms
    at this time, doing them every weekend) two hours later we were all
    tripping except my friend who took 4 grams. he got pissed, as he had
    spent a lot of money on this ounce of shrooms (he bought an o, we all
    faded on our personal portions) and wasnt tripping, and he was
    seriously contemplating eating the remaining 16 grams of dried
    cubensis. we were all trippin balls, we told him it was probably a good
    idea (it was also 3 in the morning at this point). luckily he didnt do
    it and the shrooms he had eaten caught up with him at 5 in the morning
    when he got home. none of us were ever able to explain this
    extraordinarily long come up, but it could have had sometihng to do
    with the fact that we had been doing coke earlier that evening. ANYWAY,
    liam, yes, i have had similar trips, but they have been at times when i
    was doing mushrooms too regularly and i had a tolerance. i always find
    it very dissapointing when either the visuals or the mental trip is
    absent. ive had both of these happen. the best of course is a good
    mental adventure accompanied by psychedelic visual hallucinations.

7. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Yes it was 20g fresh. SWIM dried them out a little but they weren't exactly crisp. He just likes them to be slightly dried because they're not as unpleasant to eat that way. From now on, SWIM's definitely going to stay below 20g. The way I see mushrooms, you should just enjoy your portion and not push the limits. Bad mushroom trips can be pretty frightening. A friend of mine ate 20g dried of the same stuff the other day and had a very bad trip. He admitted that he felt like killing himself during it. Pretty bad state of affairs to be in. As long as the dose is measured accurately there should be no serious problems though.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  8. egoDEATH

egoDEATH Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Mushrooms are 90% water. The dried weight is a more accurate measure. So, you actually took 2 grams of mushroom. From your pic, they look like cubes, not mexicana (they're skinnier). I took 5 grams a few weekends ago and I'll never take less than that, ever. 5g is a whole 'nother level of mushroommindnumbness.