Experience Report - Report: Psilocybe Tampanensis

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Nature Boy, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    This was SWIM's first time experimenting with the philosopher's stones. He had avoided them for weeks because a friend of his recommended them as more of a casual party drug which would be more suited to a club or a night out drinking. This, as I found out, was certainly not the case. Philosopher's stones are extremely strong and bring on an intense psychedelic dementia of sorts.

The portion SWIM bought weighed 15g. I'm not certain whether or not these truffles lose much weight when dried, but they seemed pretty solid when SWIM examined them. 15g turned out to be more than enough to have him tripping like a mad bastard. A little warning about the taste first. These things taste absolutely awful. The texture is that of a rotten almond and there is a nasty, salty aftertaste when chewed. I ate about 7g and found it so revolting that he needed to chop up the rest of the portion and he put it in tea. This was a lot easier to consume.

The onset effects were very rapid. He was sitting around a crowded table indoors with a few friends and he needed to get outside to the fresh air within minutes. As he sat out on the back porch staring at the trees and the sky, he began to notice elaborate, shimmering patterns that played some hallucinogenic tricks with my mind. Next someone brought out a spinning glow-stick which SWIM stared at momentarily and completely lost touch with reality.

His brain began to disconnect from my body. Soon he was in a state where it was very difficult to speak and all he could do was laugh hysterically. A few minutes later he seemed to faint backwards and then after a few more minutes, he vomited! It was obvious that the stones weren't agreeing with his stomach.

He was now about an hour into his trip and after having puked, he felt a bit freaked. He asked the owner of the house if he could hide out in a quiet room for some time because he was finding it very difficult to communicate with the rest of the group. For up to an hour and a half, SWIM sat in a dark room, thoughts racing, visualisations increasing. Wild LSD-like images flashed through his mind. Sexual images and fantastic patterns dominated his thoughts. He may well have reached my highest state of psychedelic experience with shrooms.

As the visualisations slowly but surely died down (it seemed like a lot longer than an hour and a half) he suddenly snapped out of it, and felt in a really great, rejuvenated mood. The journey was over and although there were ups and downs, and at times he just wanted it to end, I don't regret the experience.

I highly recommend the philosopher's stones to anyone seeking a truly mind-blowing mushroom trip. SWIM rates them right up there with shrooms like McKennai and Copelandia potency-wise but he noticed their effects render the body useless and focus on the mind and deep thought moreso than anything else. Just watch the dose. 15g may have been too much.Edited by: nature_boy_liam

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2009
  2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Round Two:

Consumed 6g of dried philosopher's stones at around 8.30pm in tea. The onset was very slow. I wasn't feeling any effects for several hours and didn't expect to get any effects at all. However, about four hours after drinking he began to feel something which surprised him. He went through a very mild peak which lasted two and a half hours. No visualisations but his body felt very numb. Went home at around 2am with little or no after effects.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006