1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Resin refinement

Discussion in 'Hashish & BHO' started by sunyata, Jan 13, 2005.

1. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Dec 16, 2004
    from norway
    If you have a simple hash-maker the resin is usually not to pure, a simple way of refining it is to put it in a glass of cold water, stirr if needed to get the crystals to sink. The crystals will sink to the bottom and the plant matter will float, the water will turn slightly green from clorophyll, this process doesn't take long. Pour of the water slowly so the crystals stayat the bottom, if you have a very fine net(smaller than the crystal sice) you can pour it onto this. Place the crystals on a mirror(any flat glass suface is ok) and let them dry under a reading light(don't put it too close, heat degrades THC), you can also use aluminum foil, but glass is best. When it is properly dried, smoke it as it is or press it into hash. This process doesn't make for an entirely pure product, but it's alot purer than what you started with. With large amounts of resin the process can be repeated for additional purification. If you manage to "deconstuct" a piece of hash(preferably standard, since the more oil-rich types don't come apart easily) you can also use this method for purification, though I've never tried doing that myself, I allways use resin made from weed.
  2. AdrenalineJunki

AdrenalineJunki Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Jan 16, 2005
    from U.S.A.
    ill have to try this sometime
  3. Mindless

Mindless Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 23, 2011
    from U.K.
    I wasn't sure what a hash-maker is, but was quite impressed with their simplicity once I'd done some browsing. Otherwise known as a Polm-maker, the basic technique seems to entail freezing buds or leaves bearing resin (skuff) left over from harvesting in a container divided into two chambers by a fine gauze screen. The container is then shaken to separate some of the trichomes /resin glands from the plant matter, this separated material passes through the screen into the lower chamber. The technique seems based on the same principle as Moroccon 'double-zero', where weed is exposed to cold temperatures before being manually passed through a screen.

The process described by sunyata can also be used to make hashish from skuff and buds. I have no experience with any of these techniques but they look like intriguing alternatives to solvents other than water. This post discusses how hashish can be made in a variety of ways including use of flat screens and polm-makers.