1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Oral use - Risperidal (Risperidone) Recreational?

Discussion in 'Antipsychotics' started by miller77, Sep 13, 2005.

1. miller77

miller77

Reputation Points:
    has any one here ever heard of using risperidal for recriational perpoises????

I am taking it now and it makes me feel really calm and relaxed any help about recrational uses would be appritiated.

2. antizero

antizero Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I wouldn't use Risperidal for anything, ever. I was on it for a short while due to psychosis (I was hospitalized for a week) and then had a prescription for it, but I didn't take it after reading the side effects. I also always had a weird heart thing while I was in the hospital, I'd feel flushed and I could feel my heart hammering away when I wasn't even moving around at all, especially just before I fell asleep.

I wouldn't advise using it recreationally.

Why (if you care to share) do you have a prescription for it in the first place? If its for anxiety, I suggest you talking to your writer and getting something else.

3. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess

Reputation Points:
    Risperdal (Risperidone) is an anti-psychotic licensed for the treatment of schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder.

Like the majority of anti-psychotics the mechanism of action is not really known. It is a benzisoxazole derivative and it has been proposed that it's therapeutic action is mediated through a combination of dopamine Type 2 (D2) and serotonin type 2 (5HT2) receptor antagonism. However it also has affinity for many other receptors which accounts for it's (many) adverse effects:

Extrapyramidal symptoms, Dizziness, Hyperkinesia, Somnolence, Nausea, sexual dysfunction, Weight gain, Anti-colinergic SE's (dry eyes, blurred vision, constipation, urinary retention), Agitation, Aggression, Increased salivation.

As with all the antipsychotics this is a nasty drug with no recreational potential whatsoever.

4. dr ACE

dr ACE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    why are these nasty drugs used to treat people with mental disorders and brain damage?,sounds very Draconian to me

5. antizero

antizero Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Because there aren't many other alternatives.

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2

Reputation Points:
    Because a chemical straight-jacket is more socially acceptable thanks, in no small part, to the advertising strategies of the pharmacuetical corporations responsible for pedalling these chemical conundrums.

7. lurkerbot

lurkerbot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My experience with Risperdal was not fun in the least. I was on it for a grand total of three days while attending rehab. It made me a spaced out zombie that could barely function in any aspect... all I really recall was hardly being able to do anything and constantly feeling like I was extremely tired and oblivious.

8. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I just got it prescribed at the lowest dose of .25 once a day before sleep. at first i didnt sleep well but now a week+ into it i feel great and it does seem to be more helpful and havent had much side effects and none crippling. im happy with the results so far.

9. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    took .5mg the other day and felt not much different but better for sure. only did it as an experiment im back on .25mg a day, no side effects at all that night or day after.

10. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er

Reputation Points:
    wow first seroquel, now resperdidal wow, what ppl will try to get high....
    let me end this now.... ANTI PSYCHOTICS are not recreational!....

11. wellhelm

wellhelm

Reputation Points:
    Thats it in a nut shell. Big buisness and the bribes doctors take to supply the masses with a corporations drugs and human lives and well being take the fall, rehabillitation takes a back seat to greed the rich get richer and were left to kick anti psychotics, mood inhibitors, and of course SSRI's like crack.

Of course this is just an opinion and i have nothing to back it up other than my own expierence's.

Keeping in line with the thread; the more of an anti psychotic you take the more tired you get. Thats about it. Use when anxiety is a problem or you want to go to bed. Oh yea, and if your psychotic.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  12. stoneinfocus

stoneinfocus

Reputation Points:
    You need even laws to force the patient taking the meds for their "betterment" of their "sickness"... while little doses doesn´t do a thing, some "therapeutical" dosings are hell.

Strangly on a gay-forum a individual occured describing himself as a gay teenage punk-rebel, with a high IQ, being into trouble all the time and losing control in certain manners.

telling later, that risperdal helped him ... yes, sure, and sexuality and well being is such a fun on it and maybe his gayness will go away, too, mister catholic teacher in disguise (maybe even payed by the pharm-mafia? -no, that´d be paranoid, the´re enough fanatic, selfrefering idiots conducting their psychology helping to overcome the unhealthy sexual and rebellic behaviuor in others, by menaing the best for them and society, and that all for free)

Same time a thread on "a friend", snorting heroin by a new member occured with the same shitty opinions.(btw, why don´t they use h for psychosis? swim would be intersted how this would work out in comparisons to the other stuff ... maybe it´s work too good? *gg+ just kiddin´)

13. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    seriously ive seen kids pass out of sero. nasty stuff

14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2

Reputation Points:
    A friend of mine had some bad adventures in West Africa while in the Peace Corp (USA government agency designed to lend physical aid and assistance to developing nations). A coup took place while he was in-country, and he witnessed some very traumatic events. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder would be a good diagnosis - but the doctors here said he was bipolar. In that he was placed on SSI due to his trauma, now the government owns him - and his housing situation. And the doctor assigned to him - he has no choice - has him on a plethora of ever changing medications:

Remeron, Risperidal, Trazadone, Wellbutrin, Lithium, Seroquel, Dipacote,...and the list goes on. That's just the latest of many mixtures of psychiatric drugs.

Guess what? This shit made him sick and unable to function even slightly. He could not sleep properly. He would have night-terrors and partially wake up - and go sleep walking. He nearly fell down a flight of stairs on one occasion. So he told this so-called doctor that he would not take this shit any longer. So the doctor called the police, reported him as suicidal, and had him taken away in handcuffs to a mental hospital. There they made certain he took what Dr. Pharmacopia ordered. His problems were made far worse. Sleep became a work-out video: Sitting bolt-upright and punching at illusions. Tearing up blankets. Flailing arms and legs. Falling on the floor unconscious - but not asleep or in R.E.M state.

Another complaint to his doctor yielded more police and handcuffs. Simple as this: Take what I say to take - or you will be committed for further experimentation.

This is how a veteran of the US government service is being treated - like a lab-rat on untested mixtures following a diagnosis that has no bearing with reality.

I have taken him off this regimen of poisons. And before Dr. Mengele figures out his lab-rat has rebelled ( I have coached my friend how to dodge questions), I will arrive on the scene. Along with my entourage of nasty attornies. There will be hell to pay.

Wish me luck.

15. thundercles

thundercles Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Risperidal is an antipsycotic, pretty much no antipsycotics have any recreational value, in fact they are dangerous for people without mental disorders to take. I've let "normal" people take my antipsycotics before, risperidal being one of them, and they have always had really bad trips from them. Antipsycotics also normally give even psycotic people very bad side effects. Risperidal made me almost completly unable to wake up and do basic everyday tasks, and made me constipated for 2 full weeks until I gave myself a suppository and promptly stopped taking the drug. I got switched to Abilify which works great for me now. Moral of the story is if a doctor didn't give you a script for the pill and it's not for ADD, Pain, or Anxiety, you probably shouldn't take it.

16. izzy31

izzy31

Reputation Points:
    Re: Risperidal

Hell no, those types of drugs can make some people go pyschotic and wont feel pleasurable like other drugs.

17. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

There's definitely no recreational potential in antipsychotics. Once or twice SWIM has taken low doses as brief "calm down" or "help you sleep" agents and uggh, no fun. They basically work by decreasing neurotransmitters, where so-called drugs of abuse (i.e. drugs of entertainment) work by increasing or retaining them.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  18. dnb warrior

dnb warrior

Reputation Points:

is risperidone anything like an SSRI in blocking the effects of MDMA or any other drugs?

19. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:

well its mostly for information for ppl who are currently taking or may need to take them in the future. when i was prescribed risperdal this is where i came as well as google for information.

they may not be recreational but they are drugs and this is drugs forum :p

20. Xcrement1

Xcrement1 Newbie

Reputation Points:

once someone was stupid enough to take 25mg's of risperdal.
    This resulted in black-out, but still moving, with his eyes closed, no balance, fell with his head on a plate,..
    all this happened without swim knowing a thing about it, it was told swim.
    swim blacked out for almost 20houres
    This was a REALLY stupid action!
    swim will never do it again and definatly doesn't reccomend it to anyone!