Combinations - Ritalin AND Tramadol

Discussion in 'Drug combinations' started by arman, Aug 24, 2006.

1. arman

arman Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    I am going to try Tramadol and Ritalin (methylphenidate)

he is going to try 100mg Tramadol and 40mg ritalin, both taken oraly.

I think there may be some drug-drug interactions.

in wikipedia's article about tramadol it is written:

but right after it says:

and as you may know:

so, SWIM highly suspects that they will cause problems if used together, as I think more dopamine means there should be more serotonin. as ritalin also makes anyone more happy.

I want to know if there is any You experienced with this combination.
    thanks

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    this combination probably would cause problems...this thread is all about combining the two and i think would tell You what he wants to know!

3. arman

arman Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    thanks

thanks forthesevenlakes,

I am going to try a much lower dosage.

I'll ask SWIM about his experience and report back.

BTW, SWIM searched the forum before posting but unfortunately searched for ritalin and tramadol and the posting just named concerta.

anyway I will use this thread to write his experience of this combination.

4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    ohh, yeah swim figured that the 'concerta' v. 'ritalin' terminology could have screwed things up a bit. swim just remembered that thread from a while back so he figured he'd post it for swiy!

5. arman

arman Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    I tried the combination yesterday,

and it was okay for him, actually he did not get the effects of both together.

I mean, I used 100mg tramadol and 10mg ritalin (he also has been taken 20mg ritalin 7-8 hours before taking this 10mg) orally, at the same time.

as tramadol onset is a bit longer, so I feel the effects of ritalin (although 10mg doesn't do too much) before experiencing the tramadol.

the tramadol actually somewhat hide the ritalin, as tramadol 100mg is the highest dosage available for tramadol, and its a strong pain-killer. but I say, tramadol was better while on ritalin, it is kinda more euphoric and you may have a little bit more energy.

SWIfriend also used 200mg tramadol orally about 4 hours before consuming 20mg ritalin, and after about 2 hours, he feels effects of ritalin, he felt very energized, kinda feel euphoric.

another SWIM friend, SWIfriend2 also taken 20mg ritalin, but she is using SSRI citalopram. She also felt ritalin high, without any problem.

actually, I had atrip to a near-by city along with these 2 friends, and they tried them at that city while walking, talking and doing other things in this beautiful city.

and SWIM also explained hugging and kissing a very nice thing to do while on tramadol, he may try this combination again.
    BTW, he got a 60x10mg ritalin prescription about a week ago, and now 49 pills remains. my doctor will write it for SWIM again next month. (SWIM really doubts he can finish all ritalin till next prescription)

6. Chunkz

Chunkz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    So the Tramadol was Dominant over the Ritalin hua? Usually when one mixes narcs with stims, they try to compliment eachother. Allot of swims will drink some alchohol, about 45mins after snorting a couple lines of coke, so that theyl come down slower.(kill negative effects)

7. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    I have combined Methylphenidate with both Buprenorphine and Codeine. This combo is in fact very pleasant and smooth..... I think they counteract each other's side effects and create a very clean, enjoyable high.

The only down side is that MPH wears off too fast and redosing after doesn't really get SWIM to the same point. This shouldn't be an issue for Concerta.

Don't know about tramadol SSRI's property but I know people who are prescribed both a SSRI and ritalin. I know a guy who takes ritalin, paroxetine and buspirone. He seems alright but he's been prescribed that medication.

8. Chunkz

Chunkz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    Exactly, it can wing off the bad side effects. This is why addicts persue snowballs.And because there enjoyable!(<

9. coyote

coyote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My friend wants to know if its safe to use tramadol to help with the comdown from rit. and how long he should wait after he is done with the rit. ????

coyote added 2 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

My friend wants to know if its safe or helpfull to use tramodol to help the comedown from rit and how long after the rit should he take it???

coyote added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

My friend wants to know if he can use tramadol to help with the comedown from rit and how long after the rit can he take it or if its even helpfull???

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  10. gmeziscool2354

gmeziscool2354 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    I mean taking 50-100 mgs tramadol shouldnt cause any problems, but reall for the short duration of mph someone would probably have to take the tramadol b4 the rit since its onset And peak are slow. Doses of ritalen high enough to produce nasty side effects dont lastlong (good effects) where as lower seem to function therapeutically for 3-4 hours vs maybe an hour of high and 2 of comedown. Tramadols onset is about 90 mins for swim fyi

11. coyote

coyote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks gmez the way my buddy takes rit it seems to last only for minutes before he wants more he stops at 120mg for the day and is curious to know how long rit is in his system even tho he might not feel it? and if he waited an hour or 2 then took 100mg tram he should be fine and would it even help the comedown like a benzo does?