1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Combinations - Ritalin and vyvanse together

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by 2hung, May 23, 2013.

1. 2hung

2hung Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    Took 60mg vyvanse this morning and low and behold after nearly a week of popping pills the dose has caught up with me and I'm sitting in class about to pass out cos I'm so tired (got to bed late last night) yesterday I threw a 60 down me and I only was up for around an hour before i crashed! Here's the thing I have 36mg concerta in my pocket and have never taken it before, I have a few exams today one which I just passed (with an 89 ;)) and want to know will there be a cross tolerance there or will it wake me the fuck up like i need? Going to take the weekend off the amps and start over Monday but for today I need to be awake!

Any help would be great

2. AlteredEnthusiasm

AlteredEnthusiasm Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o from U.S.A.
    The concerta may wake you up a bit, but without sleep no stimulant is going to work as well as you probably hope it will. I would recommend trying to tough it out and then getting some chemical free sleep after school, but if you can't make it through without a "pick me up" then you might want to try holding the concerta under your tongue until the coating is gone (absorbed into your body sublingually) and then if your teeth can bear it, chewing the inside of the Concerta. If you take it normally, you probably won't feel much of anything.

Concerta (methylphenidate in a more complex extended release capsule) may not work very well after the vyvanse though, because it works by inhibiting the reuptake of dopamine and norepinephrine (and to a lesser extent serotonin) and the vyvanse + lack of sleep has probably reduced how much dopamine is being produced in your brain, so the methylphenidate will have less of an effect than usual.

Good luck on your exams and try to get some sleep.

3. 2hung

2hung Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    I actually am sleeping at night, just had a few beers last night and was up early this morning, thanks for the info mate much appreciated

2hung added 13 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Spoke too soon, vyvanse has kicked in, may take the concerta a bit later to wake me up

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  4. AlteredEnthusiasm

AlteredEnthusiasm Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o from U.S.A.
    That tends to happen. Vyvanse takes a little while to kick in since the dextroamphetamine has to be cleaved off of the lysine.

5. 2hung

2hung Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    Seems to be very inconsistent in how long it takes to kick in, usually I take it on an empty stomach cos I find it kicks in a bit quicker!