1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Ritalin, dexedrine etc.

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by knowname, Dec 14, 2004.

1. knowname

knowname Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dec 12, 2004
    This type of stuff is obviously prescribed for people with ADD or ADHD. I read somewhere that says people with these conditions are often more creative (I forget the reason why) Now I might be getting a script for this stuff cause I guess my doctor feels I have this condition. My question for you guys is do any of you feel this stuff has a negative impact on your creativity when it comes to music or writing or whatever you guys do for fun???
  2. serotonin

serotonin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nov 8, 2004
    as long as you take it as prescribed you should be fine, a vast majority of people who do get no negative side effects. however it is possible to experience depression, loss of appetite, and any other side effects you may get from any upper.

some intresting reads:

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Pharms_-_Methylph enidate_Health_Problems.shtml

do some more research, and find out if it's right for you. as for the "creative" side effects the only way to find out is to try it... sorry.
  3. Joaspah

Joaspah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dec 17, 2004
    I think your creativity will be somewhat affected because I believe that using amphetamines or ritalin relieves only the symptoms of ADHD (and especially the symptoms that irritate your environment) and creativity is in most cases a symptom of ADHD.
  4. jatzstoned

jatzstoned Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jan 18, 2005
    i would never take ridalin as an attempt to get high , ....i dont trust man made prescriptions, that shit can really fuck u up, this kid chris from my school smoked a bowl that was laced with a pinch of ridalin , and he fucking went crazy! needless to say he got suspended that day since he smoked during lunch break, and ripped up his papers wen he got back to class