Ritalin dosage (snorted)

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by amor99, Dec 17, 2003.

1. amor99

amor99 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This post is for those who consider a Ritalin high
    similar to a cocaine high (even if mellower), and
    I know they are many.

How would you compare Ritalin dosage to cocaine dosage,
    to get a similar effect? (Snorted).
    In my experience Ritalin amount is about 3 times less,
    but this is my personal estimate.
    For example: minimum amount to feel an effect is
    around 15 or 20 mg for Ritalin, and 50 or 60 mg for coke.

Thanks for your estimations.

amor99

2. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    I can't believe people are actually gullible enough to buy-in to this myth.

If you're going to snort "Ritalin" to get a coke high, why don't you try smoking BANANA LEAVES to get a POT HIGH?

Same difference!

3. amor99

amor99 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Originally posted by woodman on 18 December 2003

I can't believe people are actually gullible enough to buy-in to this myth.

If you're going to snort "Ritalin" to get a coke high, why don't you try smoking BANANA LEAVES to get a POT HIGH?

Same difference!

First of all, I wrote:

"This post is for those who consider a Ritalin high
    similar to a cocaine high (even if mellower), and
    I know they are many."

So, if this isa myth for you, I can't see why you care to reply. However, be advised that there are many people who believe this myth. You can read few of them here: (please notice that most of them compare Ritalin high to cocaine).

On the contrary,I never read about anyone who uses to smoke banana leaves to reach a pot high (an further on, I have no interest in a pot high). So this comparison does not make sense to me.

Regards,

amor99

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
  4. deathbreeds

deathbreeds Newbie

Reputation Points:
    dude, i aint tryin to start shit or a fight, but i use ritalin a fell of a lot. I dont consider it a coke high at all. i mean the state of mind can be remotly similer. but there to totally diff things. I go around 1 day aweek without retilin.

what i want to say though is that i reallize its dumb. if ur gonna try, dont. its not worth wasting ur time. i cant stop using it. i used to use coke. not heavy or nothin, im not gonna bullshit you. but retilin is so cheap. Like a year ago i never even thought about it. no one snorted ritalin. 1 day some one told me about it that used it as a presciption and gave me one. i snorted it and within a week i knew about 4 or 5 people who were givin it to me. now im on a schedual for when my friends get there refills and i buy them out. The only way for happeniss is uring it. when im not im pissed, and in a shity mood. im in a whole that i cant get out of. I enjoy it and love it. but its not worth it.it truely is addictive. unless you have done it you dont no. dont judge. its just as seriouse as anything.drugs act different to different people. what you felt from it and didntlike i love. its a drug. not a joke.

if your gonna try just remember what i said.

and im not tryin to be a dick. at all. just sayin what i feel.

peace out and enjoy life while you have the chance.

5. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I think a vague comparison can be made between a cocaine high and an amphetamine high (I wouldn't say Ritalin in particular), they are certainly more similar to each other than to most other substances (ie weed, booze, shrooms, acid, opiates...). And I also agree that amphetamines are more addictive and have much worse consequences (in my experience) than cocaine. Although I still use cocaine occaisionally, I no longer use meth; at least with cokeyou can go for a night and then get some sleep and stay away from it for a while, with meth you can be up for days (and the longer you use, the worse the comedown) and keep wanting to do more (combine this with recovery time and partial psychosis and it can really f**k up things in your life).

6. edgien

edgien Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    ~~~the difference between snorting ritalin and banana leaves is night and day,~~snorting ritalin 20MG+ will give a mellow high that feeLs rather nice, it is more like a amphetamine high but since ritalin is not a true amphetamine the high is not as intense hence the the term 'kiddie cocaine"...if you want a truecocaine high then you needcocaine to get it but snorting20mg+ of ritalin every now can be a sweet deaL especially if you have a script, it is alot cheaper then carrie but the high is weLL worth what a script normally costs~~~smoking banana leaves is simply a wasted effort since all you wiLL get is a fat headache~~~

7. morphin

morphin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    about 20mg.

8. TheMurph

TheMurph Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I dont prefer ritalin, but aderol, and yes I do feel there is a strong similarity between snorting that and yayo. I even had to get a prescription for it becauseyayo was getting too heavy for my budget. i have taken up to 80mg of aderol a night however and I still dont think it quite reaches the same intensity as yayo. plus my kidneys hurt much more after binging on aderol than on the yay.

9. Davy

Davy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ritalin seems to have different effects on different people. It's the Paradox. Try typing in Ritalin Paradox in Google. Ritalin has a calming or evening effect on those with ADD or ADHD. To others, it's just this side of coke, without the edgyness and addictiveness. I do six 20mg pills each day, crushed and snorted. Hey, I can regulate it easier and its more fun this way. I have an RX. After several months of this it seems to be taking more to keep me up. I have cronic fatigue. Anyone have suggestions for somthing else I can ask my doc for to stay up. Davy

10. Jess_Alb

Jess_Alb Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Davy, I have been hooked on Adderall for months now and I too have this major ehaustion. It is so bad some days ( when I don't do it ) that it's hard to keep my eyes open. Another thing I noticed is even when I do 8 pills, it does so little for me while in the beginning the rush was great and I could actually feel the high. Now, not even a buzz. It just screws up the days when I don't take it.

I always tell people I would have never started the Adderall had I known. Now, I'm hooked and I have tried to quit several times.

Years ago I did coke and I was able to quit, no problem. I say amphetamines are more addicting ( at least to me ) and I have tried many things in my past.

Amphetamines they get you from the start almost.

11. Gerard

Gerard Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hey Jess_Alb, Have you tried slowly reducing how much u use each day to try and quit or prehaps using caffeine in moderate doses to keep u awake if u do quit straight away.

12. str8ballin

str8ballin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ritalin is for high school kiddies who snort it in the back of the bus.It's nothing compared to cocaine.If you want a real buzz stick to coke.

13. Davy

Davy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jess_Alb, My fatigue is one of the issues with my terminal brain tumor. Without Ritalin I would have no ambition or energy.With it I'm good to go. I don't know anything about Adderall but I intend to research it.

To str8ballin, With all due respect, your last reply only indicatesthat you just might in fact be one of those kiddies.Why do you feel it neccesary to even post such a pompous and childish statement? Also, I'm curious where you come up with the scratch for all this C? Do tell.

If folks want to do C, that's just fine with me, I'd even help you out with it if you brought it over, no problemo. However, I'm looking for something I can live on, day to day, given two considerations: It has to be a RX so I don't have to pay for it, and it has to allow me to work and play hard and be kind to my wife and children. Coke ain't it.

I'm open to suggestions. Davy

14. str8ballin

str8ballin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The reason I said that was because that's what I used to do when I was in high school,be the kid in the back that's snorting ritalin.heh.....Now I'm a little bit older and have established myself well enough to where I don't even have to pay for my cocaine and I do it on a daily basis.This is why I wouldnt even consider doing ritalin anymore because to me,that's something that was started by high school kids and it wouldnt even be worth my time.I have a hard enough time trying to keep coke out of my system but there isnt enough time in a day to be doing all the shit I get.

That's cool though that you have a family and I understand where you're coming from but I have none of those responsibilities which makes me pretty much do whatever the f**k I want.Just livin the good life while it lasts.Peace

15. Davy

Davy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Str8ballin, Thanks for the reply. As I assume you've been experimenting with C for some time now I have questions. Would R do anything for you if you snorted40mg or so? How much C do you need to maintain a mild buzz all day long? Other than cash flow, (for us family men) what's the downside, for you, of doing C everyday? What's the best RX I can do to keep me up?

Roger on livin' the good life. Davy

16. PHOENIX rider

PHOENIX rider Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I do cola quite often and has occasionally inhaled 2 grams in a reasonably short period of time. SWIM's frequent use of coke has made it nearly impossible / worthwhile to obtain an equivalent high with adderall or focalin. SWIM usually needs to inhale in excess of 60mg to feel any kind of recreational high with adderall or focalin. SWIM enjoys the speed-high of adderall and focalin but loves the coke high infinitely more.

SWIM's recent favorite for the numbness of coke and the longer high has been speedballing....... amazing

17. PHOENIX rider

PHOENIX rider Newbie

Reputation Points:
    to compare line sizes of SWIM's initial sniffing for the night

if I am just going to do cola all night he usually starts with a .5g line of cola... ends up being reasonably thick and about 8" long. I will generally go through over 1.5g of cola in a night to have a good time

I have inhaled 1g cola lines into one nostril before and cannot come anywhere close to that with how much adderall powder must be inhaled

SWIM just inhaled 60mg (a normal starting dose for SWIM. SWIM usually takes in excess of 90-120mg to enjoy the high) and had a line that was nearly a centimeter wide and about a foot long

just for reference

18. sciencedj

sciencedj Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    In SWIM's experiences,

I takes 20mg ritalin E.R. ORALLY, then, two hours later, he snorts about 10mg ritalin. The oral/snorted combo is wonderful. This results in a 1-2 hours "peak" that keeps SWIM going, and going, and going. :D

I do not know how to translate this into the dose equivalent to coke.

In SWIM's experiences........:smoking:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  19. nonlinear

nonlinear Newbie

Reputation Points:
    dude, what do u mean a myth. u can get totally fucking high.

20. whatsupdoc

whatsupdoc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Davy - Sorry to hear of your illness. Ask your doc for a RX for Provigil. It works great. It is the US Army approved "go" pill. You need good health insurance as it is around $1000 for a month supply.

As for Coke Vs Ritilam. Although chemically structuarally different and acting via a different method, they do somewhat the same thing, raise your dopamine level.

"Cocaine binds directly to the DAT1 transporter, inhibiting reuptake with more efficacy than amphetamines which phosphorylate it causing internalization; instead primarily releasing DAT (which cocaine does not do) and only inhibiting its reuptake as a secondary, and much more minor, mode of action than cocaine and in another manner: from the opposite conformation/orientation to DAT"

Also, until it is made legal, there is a "moral stain" associated with buying Coke. Me, I would rather give my money to some fat cat pharmacetuical company the some murderous cartel that often catches innocent people in the crossfire.

You also may want to check out the english medical journal, the Lancet. They declared Coke the 2nd most dangerous drug as far as body harm/addiction. Well over amphetamines, ketamine, benzos, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010