Ritalin help

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by mark_v, Apr 3, 2006.

1. mark_v

mark_v Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Rilatin help needed

I got 2 pills of 10 mg each.
    What's the best way to get the max. effect of this dosage ?
    And is 20 mg even enough to feel the effects of this drug ?
    And how long does it take to feel the effects ?
    And what to expect ?
    I have some experience with speed, but none with Ritalin.

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    20mg of methylphenidate, taken orally, is enough to cause euphoria, talkativeness, energy, and so forth quite similar to amphetamines. This presumes that the person has no tolerance from having been using amphetamines/meth recently. These do cause a cross-tolerance. The effects of ritalin tend to wear off more quickly than amphetamines, leaving the user feeling rather burned-out. Insomnia is also common after use.

3. mark_v

mark_v Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ok, thanks a lot.
    Swim ate those 2 10 mg pills and the effects were kinda like speed, but more mild.
    After 2 hours I got a terrible headache and a hangover...
    No more rilatin for swim....

4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
  5. jardo

jardo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    When I first began my prescription on Ritalin I started taking 1 20mg SR twice daily (or every other day). Then a month later the dosage was up to 2 20mg SR taken twice daily.

The 1 20mg wasn't much at all, but it's definitely enough to feel the drug kick in. Your body gets a little hot and sweaty for 10-15 mins and then finally plateau's. Keep in mind this is the SRs I'm talking about. I never noticed a comedown or hangover.

I've been on the same prescription for about 3 yrs now, and until a few months ago I never noticed much of a tolerance to the drug. But nowadays, it takes about 120mg a day *just* to feel functional.

My advice to anyone using Ritalin is to keep in mind that Ritalin and other methylphenidate meds (Concerta, Focalin) are still speed and still have the potential for adverse effects whether you're snorting or taking them orally.

I found it much easier psychologically to kick the coke habit than to tell the doctor he wants off Ritalin, and he still hasn't done the latter. Now it seems I have built a physical dependance on the drug, so much that SWIM can barely wake up without having to pop 40mg's in the morning. (As a side note: I plan to meet with his Dr once and for all upon his next checkup :p)

Just a warning.

6. Drakzon

Drakzon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is it harder to stop ritalin, or adderall than cocaine?

In an earlier post I saw one person say he had an easier time kicking the coke habit than he did stopping ritalin (I beleive that is what I read anyway) I has noticed a similar thing. One of my friends got him into crack and he smoked it for 3-4weeks, a couple times he smoked around $200 in a day. This I had no trouble breaking the coke habit once he told his friend who got him into it that he didn't want to see him again. Of course that friend was swims only way to get coke so after he got rid of him it didn't take much willpower to stay away from it. However I has done alot of ritalin, and adderall, and not only does he crave them, he likes the feeling of them far better than coke. Whenever swim gets a craving it's always a craving for ritalin, or adderall, and either one of those will releive the craving since there similar enough. Swim definitly gets cravings for those stimulants, but has never once had a craving for crack since stoping. Swim just thinks ritalin/adderall are so much better than cocaine that there just isn't any point having a craving for anything that isn't as good as ritalin/adderal

7. joeofmusic

joeofmusic Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    I take a 20mg Focalin in the morning and a 20mg methylphenidate at 4pm as prescribed. Swim very much likes this. I am a former meth abuser. I have lost a house, a business, 120,000 dollars, his freedom, three cars, his pride, his honor, his right to vote, his right to public assistance he needs due to the fact he is a full time university student, and cannot pay his rent. Swim lost a lot of things, yet, Swim still thinks about meth sometimes. When I take his medication, I am content and will not seek illegal drugs.

Swim refers to his medication as his "Devil on a leash". I would rather be on his medication than on meth. Severe adult ADHD is fun and legal! But it can cause a feeling of needing to be on something at all times. The medication gets rid of that feeling. That is what Swim told me anyway.

8. FullClipIndo

FullClipIndo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim's favorite thing to do used to be to inject ritalin. I have told me that, if you do a big enough issue this is the craziest high ever experienced, and I am no joke (been to prison for 10 years, tatoos all over the face, out on parole currently.) I have told me many a stories of experiences while under the influence of injected ritalin. If you have access to clean needles I would suggest giving this a shot, you will most definately get the best high out of what you have. But If you can't get a new rig, are intimidated by them, or using a needle goes against your morals then I would suggest looking at other's advice.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  9. kborodinski

kborodinski Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    swim knows someone who injects ritalin 20mg slow release. He says that it's like injecting coke. His method is 3-20mg tablets with coating removed place on spoon mix 80 units of water heat it until it boils and melts in water. Use a some cotton for a filter and suck it up in the rig and shoot.

10. sveedish

sveedish Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Im diagnosed with ADD. I was first prescribed ritalin when i was 7. When I got older I was prescribed other types of stimulant like drugs. Concerta didn't seem to have that much of an effect, unless I doubled the dose which was like experiencing a caffiene overdose for 24 hours - very unpleasant. I liked adderall, which was my favorite for school, but Ritalin always gave the most enjoyable and euphoric high. Every once in awhile i'd take them to help me drink throughout the night without losing my energy. On these occasions I usually snorted the pill instead of swallowing it. This allowed me to consume a LOT of alcohol, and I usually blacked out on those nights and woke up with a fierce hangover. I disagree about the coke vs. ritalin thing. I've done coke/crack a few times. Mainly I did it nonstop for 2 weeks, and life got really shitty really fast, lol. For me, crack/coke is the most immediately addictive thing I've ever tried, and it was hard to put down initially. However, now that its been over year since that time, I don't really have any cravings for it. I have never craved adderall or ritalin for its "high,"...I'm in school now, and it helps me concentrate, but I wouldn't call it a "craving" the same way I crave alcohol - its just frustrating studying without it. The only 2 negative effects for me is the appetite suppression and insomnia. I usually force myself to eat more than i want to before I take it, and I drink a lot of water throughout the day. I also try to force myself to eat at least a snack in the middle of the day. At night I take valerian root and melatonin. I'm getting a prescription for adderall again on monday and i'm super excited.