1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug info - Robaxin (Methocarbomal)

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by Lump, May 25, 2004.

1. Lump

Lump Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jatelka EDIT: Please be aware that the earlier posts in this thread are from before the whole "No self incrimination" thing came into play

When I went to pick up my scripts from the pain clinic, there was a new one in the pack. It's for an old fashioned (the bottle it came in listed 'Vintage Pharmacuticals as the manufacturer)muscle relaxant. There's nothing about it it on Erowid, and looking it up on the internet, I can only find about a paragraph on it anywhere that says 'Skeletal muscle relaxant'. Asked the nurse who gave me the scripts, and she said that Doc wanted me to try these out along with my narcs. Brand name is Robaxin, generic methocarbonal. They're big white horse pills. Is there any recreational use of this stuff? Two 500 mg make me feel kind of rubbery. Any way to alter or make a good cocktail?

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
  2. WhiteRyan

WhiteRyan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Methocarbamol

SWIM BLA BLA BLA

pills Methocarbam/ 66|101 are these just normal ole' muscle relaxers, or something worth a damn to SWIM. I dont like muscle relaxers for the most part because I think they are weak. Would SWIM be interested in these.

sorry im in a obnoxious mood

3. WhiteRyan

WhiteRyan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I say they SUCKED, just like most muscle relaxors. Cant argue with SWIM

4. megster420

megster420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My Grandpa has the same stuff. It is for serious pain, but I bet with a stiff drink the effects might be more trippy. I don't know how safe it is though. You don't think two pills and a beer would kill someone do you? what do ya think? (i don't know how many mgs that is, the pill says west-ward 292) ??

5. Dextro Shade

Dextro Shade Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've taken two and a half before when I a perscriptionand didn't feel much of anything. They aren't like Valium or anything.

6. lilmiss

lilmiss Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Back when I was in high school, many moons ago, one morning I woke up with one helluva neckache. Couldn't move my head from one side to another 'cause I slept wrong. My dr prescribedRobaxin, I think it was 500mg per pill...totally loosened up the neck. I felt totally loopy.Keep in mind I was only 14 or 15 and had no tolerance for anything back then.

7. soma

soma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    They affect me wonderfully :) almost like cannabis after 2 tabs.

8. BoredInFargo

BoredInFargo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Robaxin (methocarbamol) anyone?

just to save anyone here sometime SWIM just found a bottle of robaxin lyin round, 500 mg tabs, theyre supposed muscle relaxers so I took like 3 and 15 mins later I took 3 more and still didnt get shit. yea, so just to let you know dont waste your time, or maybe I didnt take enuff, w/e. someone corrext SWIM if hes wrong wrong, oh yea theyre generic for methocarbonal.

9. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have never heard of that drug. It had no effects, you say? I'm going to look this one up, I can't believe i've never heard of it. Did it even make you drowsy?

10. BoredInFargo

BoredInFargo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    didnt even get some drowsyness, i just sat here waiting and cruising the forums for about an hour and a half then tried to go to sleep, but still wasnt tired.

11. INodHardOhYeah

INodHardOhYeah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If you still have them, I have found that Robaxin has a good synergy with opiates and alcohol (be very very careful please), I first discovered this after I was given them after a car wreck.

12. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Methocarbamol

Ok, this is the stuff in robaxacet extra strength OTC back pain releiver, it is a muscle relaxant. I noticed other muscle relaxants had some recreational effects, and thought this one was worth at least searcning on. I did that and all it said is it has sedative properties. Is it possible this has some form of high this can give, similar to the muscle relaxants that give benzo-like effects?.

13. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I guess im left to answer my own question once again. I found this link...http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=2703967&dopt=Abstract

This quote is taken right from the last scentence of the paragraph.

"The results indicate that methocarbamol, at doses well above those used therapeutically, has some potential to be abused by persons with histories of sedative/hypnotic abuse; however, this potential for abuse is probably decreased by the accompanying side effects at high doses and is probably less than that of lorazepam."

I am thinkin about trying it out on his guinea pigs tonight.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  14. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Newbie

Reputation Points:
    BoredInFargo, did you ever try the Robaxin/Vicodin cocktail? If you did, notice anything?

15. BoredInFargo

BoredInFargo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i was gonna but i only had 2 vics ta go with it so i wasnt feelin much, but i could feel like a couple more vics woulda been a nice kick to add to the few robax.

16. glitterfly

glitterfly Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am prescribed robaxin for SWIM's TMJ. I found that if you take 4-5 at once (preferably washed down with a beer) you get a nice head buzz. They've also helped SWIM come down from uppers!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2006
  17. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Robaxin (Methocarbamol) is an aromatic glycerol ether and is indicated as an adjunct in acute painful musculoskeletal conditions. It is a relaxant which is thought to work via CNS depression (ie: it's sedative effect). It has no direct action on the contractile activity of skeletal muscle.

As it possesses CNS depressant activity You should think twice about combining it with other CNS depressants (including alcohol, opiates and benzos).

Therapeutic dose is: 1.5 g 4 times daily

Adverse effects include:

Nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia; hypersensitivity reactions (including urticaria, angioedema, anaphylaxis); fever, headache, drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, amnesia, restlessness, anxiety, tremor, seizures; blurred vision, nasal congestion; rash, pruritus; leucopenia, and cholestatic jaundice.

It is not thought to be addicting.

18. glitterfly

glitterfly Newbie

Reputation Points:
    4 tabs necessary (at least when coming down off of uppers):snort:

19. harry hood

harry hood Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Robaxin anyone?

robaxin are rubbish on there own, swim ate six 750 mg last light and they were shite , just made him feel a little stupid, but not good at all.

a waste of time

20. ironmics

ironmics Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    Re: Robaxin anyone?

Well they're very good at what they're supposed to do, also they're fine in combo with opiates since I was prescribed that and vicodin today and told to take both together before bed. I'm sure alcohol is a different story though. I took 10mg of Hydro and 750 mg of Robaxin a bit ago and I feel fantastic though. Score: Me-1, Severe Back Pain-0. Oh also to the starter of this thread 3-15 minute wait before redosing!!!! Do you know anything about absorbtion?