Drug info - Robitussin Cough Gels Question (HELP!)

Discussion in 'DXM' started by giant, Mar 13, 2007.

1. giant

giant Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    I have done dex 2 out of the last 3 days and has just bought Robitussin Cough Gels. I have never done this before and weights approx. 170lbs. I get good trips using about 350 - 500 mg from Theraflu thin strips. I was wondering what a good first dosage for this would be?

2. giant

giant Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o

well SWIM last night took 30 pills (450mg) and it took about 30 - 45 mins to kick in and the first 1 or 2 hours was so euphoric. Followed by another 1 or 2 hours with SWIM friend about growing up. The following day I said they felt dazed but euphoric and slightly distored the entire next day.

I said this exp. was so much better than ROBO syrup and Theraflu Thin Strips. I said there were no negative side effects during the trip and is thinking about doing this again in the near future after a few days rest.

I am still wondering everyone elses exp. on this.

3. drlove88

drlove88 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    the first time I tried DXM he did 20 of the robogels. Swim's not too fond of pills so it was hard for him to keep them down. Swim thinks it was just a psychological thing, knowing he just took 20 pills. I had a pleasant buzz, not so much a trip. It was strange because I has found that he can have strong trips from lower doses than most people, with the exception of his first experience. anyway, swim never had problems with robogels other than that, but he would have to say that his trips on the Syrup are much better. Even if swim can't find Long-acting robitussin w/o the Guaf, it doesn't seem to be a problem. Guaf doesn't bother swim at all. once again, what it all comes down to for I am just how much he does. I don't like to think "hmm, swim just drank 3 bottles of syrup." or "swim just took 40 pills." it's pretty much just a psychological thing for swim.

All in all, I would say that syrup provides a better trip for him. I has yet to have any bad side effects from DXM, except for his one stupid mistake in the thread titled "close call..." To each his own though. Swim's trying a zicam trip later in the week, we'll see how that goes.

4. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim's never used the Robo gels; DexAlone made him ill, which kinda turned him off of gels. He prefers pure powder dissolved in ethanol or, barring that, lozenges.

His favorite level is 10mg/kg. That would be about 770mg for a 170 lb Swimmer.

ECL

5. drlove88

drlove88 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I agree with you, haha. I had a bad experience with pills slipped in his drink before. it made him have a hard time keeping any pills down for a long time and still bothers him.

6. giant

giant Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    I have used these pills dosages being between 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 and has had nothing but pleasent experiences.

SWIM can not handle the syrup anymore, after about the 10th time a few years ago SWIM just has gag reflexes b/c of the odor and taste.

I have had nothing but postive expereince (6 total) using the gels!

7. JapanHorrorUncut

JapanHorrorUncut Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.S.A.
    DXM Pills

I haven't done DXM in around 6 years. When I was younger they could only trip from the liquid cough med. When I was in the drug store the other day I saw cough liquid gels. They only contained DXM, I used to hear about pure DXM pills, would these be the same kinda thing? If taken enough, each pill is 15 mg of DXM, so ........... about 30 would be a fun time. Kids today are lucky they don't have to endure the taste of that sludge. Only pills I found were the Triple Cs, which is poison.

8. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: DXM Pills

Maybe You was thinking of dexalone, which is 30mg's of nothing but DXM, but getting those is harder than pulling lions teeth nowadays, but about the cough gels, just thinking about having to swallow 30 pills makes him want to puke. Some internet head shops do sell capsules containing as much as 500mg's in one pill, but those are hard to find and EXPENSIVE too becuase of operation web tryp.

9. giant

giant Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o

I say RoboGels xxx for 20 pills at 15mg is a good deal and does work. SWIM also says DexAlone (although SWIM never tried it) is also very effective.

SWIM can also never stand the taste, smell or even thinking about downing robotussin w/o a gag reflex!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  10. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

I believe DexAlone is no longer produced.

Google returns the DexAlone site fine, but then You will get redirected to a certain pharmaceutical company home page and DexAlone is not on their product list. Their company history clearly states they are the company who released DexAlone, though.

Odd...

11. thenumber7

thenumber7 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    52 y/o
    quick question on robo cough gels

do you bite them suck the dxm out then spit the shell of the pill out

or

do you just swallow the pill whole

or

do you suck dxm out then ingest capsule(is there any dxm on capsule? im assuming not)

thanks in advance

12. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    Re: quick question on robo cough gels

Please be advised not to suck the syrup out of the capsule. It will leave a very very nasty taste in your mouth. One is better off just swallowing the pill.

13. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:

yeah just swallow them,how much more easy could it get?its a pill! 150mg at the very lowest (small body buzz)300-600mg medium 600mg+ heavy for a first timer.

14. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

I'd say 300-400mg would be more than a medium for first-timers, Fnord.

SWIM once found out that RoboGels have a particularly nasty taste. I'd listen to Sitbcknchill lol unless you want the "pleasure" of associating that taste with DXM, thus making it harder to keep the gels down!

15. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:

all depends on what you call medium and high for some people 2400mg is high while 1000 is low diffrent peple have diffrent tolerences.ive personally never seen anyone do less then 300mg so i cant even imagine how people get off on 150,while i belive they can just seems like it wouldent be worth it,kinda like taking just one hit off a bowl trying to get high.

16. Buddah

Buddah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Yea, I dont do any less than 1000-1500++

17. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:

thenumber7:read some reports and decied on your own how much to take

buddah:what would you say 300ish would feel like?

18. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I was talking about a first-timer.

1000-1500mg of DXM is a very high dosage. It depends totally on individual make-up, but I would rather DXM newbies were cautious rather than reckless!

The lowest dose I have done is 187.5mg and the highest is 600mg. Both were enjoyable experiences, so he tells me.

19. Buddah

Buddah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    fnord:A nice little head buzz... but I used only pure dxm. no surup or CCC... :)

20. giant

giant Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    I have taken dosages from around 200 (light head buzz/like one was stoned/drunk) up to 750 a few times (just very crazy, just laying on floor and zoneing out.. feeling like marshmellows and feeling like one was stuck on the ceiling etc...but still somewhat coherent of surrounds just completly out of it).

Usually I takes around 450-600 or about 30 - 40 of these ROBOgels and has had pleasent experiences all the time.