Drug info - Robitussin Cough Gels

Discussion in 'DXM' started by Muirner, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hey all, i was looking at work today to see what I could find as far as DXM only containing products that i wouldnt have to take like the liquid. I only am doing this because (as i have said latley in here) i cannot stomach the robo, i take it, and the texture of it makes me wanna yack. Lately i have been, not on the come up or anything just on the pure taste/texture. Anyways I stumbled upon Robitussin CoughGels when looking for sucrets (sp). I was going to take the sucrets (sp) and do an extraction but the Robo gels contain 15mg of DXM per pill. If i take 25 i'll have 375mg a little higher then a 4oz bottle of robo max. Are these ok to take?
    Active Ingredients (in each liquid filled capsule):
    Dextromethorphan HBr USP 15mg

Inactive ingredients:
    FD&C blue no.1, FD&C red no.40, fractionated coconut oil, gelatin, glycerin, mannitol, pharmaceutical ink, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol, soribitol anhydides.

Now i dont see anything in the list of active or inactive's that would lead me to believe that something is in these that i dont want (pseudo, or the other crap in Cold and Cough or what ever) What is your opinion? I plan on taking these in ~15 min or so, so any response would be great.

Muirner

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2009
  2. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    the robo cough gels are my personal favorite. my highest dose of dxm
    ever was 60 of them. no ill effects. just a few hours of complete ego
    loss[​IMG].

3. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    kick ass, thanks man, off i go :) What did you take them with? I was about to do it with chocolate milk, but i think i'll go with a coke... what'd you do? And what was the onset (about the same as liquid?) 30-90min?

MuirnerEdited by: Muirner

4. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Just took 28 of the robogels. The only reason i went with that # is because it equaled 420mg of DXM, a nice trip. And i figured why the hell not 420 is a fun number. I have another 12 left, and who knows i'l probably save them for another day. I'll have to get more of these too. Anyways Off i go i'm sure i'll be back

Muirner

5. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My trick for not puking is consuming the gels on an empty stomach with
    a bottle of yonique(a kind of yogurt drink). It seems to speed them
    into my intestines before they open so no nausea.

6. club222

club222 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Robo gels are what I used before I got powder. Now, I get a little gag
    reflex whenever I even look at a robogel. I'm the same way with
    Theraflu thin strips. They worked great for awhile, but now the
    site/smell/or even thought of it can make me cringe. *shudders* I liked
    the gels a lot, but eating 60 of them wasn't too fun, seeing how I
    would always end up puking from it.

7. als5555

als5555 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i dont know if there are any really bad in active ingredients in the gell caps. but i always take them. they are what my friend got when i first tried them, so i have al ways used them, sometimes i still puke, mostly when i combine it with syrup. i like them more because they are a little bit concentrated than the syrup, you don't have to put as much other stuff in your body along with the dxm. well welcome to the wonderful world of gell caps.

8. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I posted the active, and inactive ingredients of the gels in my first post. So far to date i have no one saying that there will be an issue with taking them. As for being more concentrated, not two sure about that if each one of them is 5ml, then they have 100ml per bottle, and only 300mg of DXM. A 4oz bottle of robo has 118ml per bottle, and 354mg of DXM. Either way a small amount but like you said Welcome to the wonderful world of gel caps.

Last night i took 30 in the matter of 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Muirner

9. oleskool9921

oleskool9921 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I can't seem to stomach robogels anymore. I don't know what happened, I used to eat them like tic tacs, now as soon as the high hits I instantly vomit, and anyone who has tossed it while trippin knows it isnt much fun. The reg max str cough tussin doesnt bother me at all. I dont know if its the gelcaps or what, I havent tried taking dexalone in awhile. A friend of mine also says he cant stomach them anymore either. I thought it was a conspiracy against dexers, I guess i just lost my iron gut. Anyone else that just all of sudden couldnt stomach gels anymore?

10. GreyApple

GreyApple Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I took 250 mg dose of robo cough gels didnt do any thing really besides make me a little dizzy maybe it was just to low of a dose

11. reptile

reptile Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    bleh..

As I recall it'saround the same priceand lower # of mgs of DXM compared to an 80z bottle.

I remember I tried it once, all the pills in the bottle. I felt weird, like when you think about how shitty things are goin in your life and worry over stupid shit.

I preferhaving a bigass bottle of gatorade by my side, open the max strength, pour in desired amount into a styrofoam cup, take a DEEPbreath, chug cough syrup, then without breathing, quickly switch over and chug alot of gatorade.

Nowyou've just swallowed alarge amount of robitussinandbarely tasted it. [​IMG]

12. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    As the robo syrup didn't go over well with me yesterday I've decided to give it another shot...this time with the gels...maybe my stomach can handle it a little better....it was a fun trip until I puked....then I tried redosing and no more than got the syrup halfway down my throat before I puked...fuck that shit...but determined as I am to see why you guys like this so much I'll give it another shot and report... [​IMG]

13. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    yeah i really hate drinking cough syrup. i dont understand why anybody
    does it. it tastes awful. robo cough gels are easy to get down, the
    dosage is easy to measure, ive never puked from it. i have not done dxm
    in syrup form since about the 3rd time i did it. cough gels are really
    just about 100 times better.

14. Loser

Loser Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I switch off every once in a while... cause i have taken the cough gels so much that now i have to gag them down... even if i see them or touch them i start to gag... seriously i have to concentrate on downing them and sometimes other pills now... it gave me a gag reflex to pills... really sucks... ill stick some in my mouth and i will have to concentrate to get me to swallow... and then it really feels weird and sucks too... i hope over time that will go away when im done with dxm...

15. Diphenhydramine

Diphenhydramine Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've heard of people developing a gag reflex to dxm pills...is this a
    taste thing? It just seems so hard for me to understand not being
    to down a pill.

The only time this has occurred, is if I smell alcohol that I got way
    too drunk on the night before, I'll want to puke, or nutmeg I can't do
    anymore. But these are sensory reaons, aka smell and taste.
    How can the body want to reject something that it can't really taste or
    smell?

16. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Its easy its completly mental like someone said u get the feeling ur depressed and u feel dumb popping 100s of small pills. I get sick off gel caps because my body gets really hot about 1.5 hours into the trip and i gotta puke all the gell caps up once all the dxm is out. I dont knwo why but i allways feel refreshened and less nauseus after that. Anyone els get sick off robo gel caps??

17. Loser

Loser Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i dont get sick but like ive said i have to gag them down which sucks... it cant really be the taste.. its just that i have taken them so much... cause even when i see or touch them i begin to gag and get a bad feeling... my body just wants to reject them... but i have a strong gut and dont get nauseus what so ever... its just i have to gag them down... and yes the gel caps do have a small lil sweet taste too them... ugh i can taste that now...

i use to just pop in like 15 or so or more and swallow them down... now i have to smallin that amount or it wont go down without gagging em back up... so now i take em 3-5 at a time.. big difference... only thing that helps is taking them while already fucked up... oh well..

18. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    If you dont have caugh gels or anything of the sort call your local grocery store and ask them to stock it for you, they will do it. I'm thinking about doing it at my store to get Dexalone.

As for puking off of the gels, i do it sometimes, but it always seems to be after i smoked way to much. Usually when i'm on about 700mg of DXM. I can still do it. 20 pills in 14 seconds, and 40 pills in 25.

Sitbck- i see you had a good time. It is a feeling all of its own. You can think of so much, but u dont know how to express it. Also did you try to smoke any weed with it?

Muirner

19. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hahaha, i gave missy a chance again, and now i'm not sure if i feel it. I dosed 20 robo gels (300mg) at 7pm, and now at 8:30, i feel a little different not a whole lot. Maybe i'll redose another 300

Muirner

EDIT: Fuck a redose, this message is going up a little over 10 minutes sense my last one (i think). In this time i have puked up my dinner, and started to trip. The whole purpose of this trip was to have some good ass sex later. So i will not be redosing, and i'm gonna try to smoke prior to people showing up so no one knows i'm tripping. [​IMG]Edited by: Muirner

20. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    I have found that for me a 600mg dose is a pretty good trip for about 2 to 3 hours....the robo cough gels seem to be what I'm satisfied with as I get no nausea what so ever off of them where as the first time I tried dxm via cough syrup I puked my guts out for a while, never will I drink that nasty shit again for that purpose....

Anyways I bumped up the dose a little tonight to 900mg to see how the effects will turn out...hopefully I'll let you guys know about the expeirence...