USA - Ron Paul on Bill Maher

Discussion in 'Drug Policy Reform & Narco Politics' started by allyourbase, Apr 30, 2007.

1. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Careful not to fall into the trap of believing that a vocal minority constitutes an actual majority.

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  3. Shiacmkmleer

Shiacmkmleer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks for the link. It's sad to see that he isnt the most well spoken person Note I think the segment is around 30-33 min ish

4. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    its the day after the first republican debate...and it seems ron paul may have "won" it. in the "rate the candidates" the "before" section has ron paul with only 9% positive feedback, 44% nuetral, and 47% negative. after the debate....an astounding 31% positive, with 40% nuetral and only 29% negative... one positive point ahead of romney, and 4 percentage points ahead of giulliani. in the questionnairre on who most stood out of the pack among the republicans ron paul was the strong leader with 32% (closest runner up was mitt romney with 24%) when asked who seemed to have the most leadershipqualities he again won, with a slightly less commanding lead 27% to romney's 23%. it would be interesting to see ron paul become the mainstream republican candidate. were we say to see obama or gravel against ron paul one might even be fooled for a moment into thinking there is hope for this country.

5. lulz

lulz Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Thanks for the link.

Personally I thought that Maher was quite unfair and biased in his questions.

"Alright... not for the civil war." (laughter)

That said it all for me.

I don't like the way that Ron Paul and Mike Gravel are being painted as crazy people in the mainstream media.

If anybody has a slow internet connection and want to just see the interview, here's the youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psP1bKKEtHg

6. darawk

darawk Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Gravel is at least a little crazy :p. But I think he's the best candidate out there. If he and paul went up against each other in the election, that would be fucking awesome.

7. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Runaway train by Soul asylum.....not quite what i expected when i clicked into that link.lol.

8. lulz

lulz Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Oh god, sorry about that lol. I was writing an email to my girlfriend at the same time I was writing that post, I must have confused the links.

Here is the Ron Paul link:

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo6KIusCBoU

9. lulz

lulz Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Hmm... I was just watching the video again, because somebody accidentally posted it on www.reddit.com without realising it is old, and I noticed something that got me thinking.

Ron Paul wants to get rid of the CIA.

According to the recent confessions of Howard E. Hunt, this was the main reason why JFK was assassinated:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/13893143/the_last_confessions_of_e_howard_hunt

Short story: Howard E. Hunt is a former member of the CIA who has confessed to being part of the assassination of JFK. JFK had openly stated that he wanted to dismantle the CIA, among other things.

Now hear me out, I'm not a tinfoil crowned looney. It's just that Howard E. Hunts' story is both plausible and credible.

If true, it doesn't bode well for Ron Paul's chances.

10. wellhelm

wellhelm Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o