1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Roofies

Discussion in 'Sex and Drugs' started by wavecrave, Feb 26, 2004.

1. wavecrave

wavecrave Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've heard a lot about roofies. What are they, and where can i get them? All i know is that they are used as adate rape drug.

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o Male from The Netherlands
    They are bad news. Rohypnol will make you do things, you can't even begin to imagine. I know people who had distress withall their friends, lost some of them, just after one day of rohypnol. They do not remember what they did, they only heard from others. I have no personal experience with it. Anybody who does?

3. wavecrave

wavecrave Newbie

Reputation Points:
    - According to a University of Florida drug hotline, "Roofies" are often combined with alcohol, marijuana, or cocaine to produce a rapid and very dramatic "high". Even when used by itself, users can appear extremely intoxicated, with slurred speech, no coordination, swaying, and blood-shot eyes...with no odor of alcohol.

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o Male from The Netherlands
    Flunitrazepam—marketed under the trade name Rohypnol—is manufactured worldwide, particularly in Europe and Latin America, in 1- and 2-milligram tablets by Hoffman-La Roche, Inc., a large pharmaceutical manufacturer. However, the drug neither is manufactured nor approved for medical use in the United States.
    Flunitrazepam is ingested orally, frequently in conjunction with alcohol or other drugs, including heroin. The drug’s effects begin within 30 minutes, peak within 2 hours, and may persist for up to 8 hours or more, depending upon the dosage. Adverse effects associated with the use of flunitrazepam include decreased blood pressure, memory impairment, drowsiness, visual disturbances, dizziness, confusion, gastrointestinal disturbances, and urinary retention. Paradoxically, although the drug is classified as a depressant, flunitrazepam can induce excitability or aggressive behavior in some users.

Flunitrazepam use causes dependence in humans. Once dependence has developed, abstention induces withdrawal symptoms, including headache, muscle pain, extreme anxiety, tension, restlessness, confusion, and irritability. Numbness, tingling of the extremities, loss of identity, hallucinations, delirium, convulsions, shock, and cardiovascular collapse also may occur. Withdrawal seizures can occur a week or more after cessation of use. As with other benzodiazepines, treatment for flunitrazepam dependence must be gradual, with use tapering off.

Flunitrazepam is touted as an effective “parachute” or remedy for the depression that follows a stimulant high. Reports indicate that flunitrazepam is used by drug addicts in Spain and Malaysia to allay withdrawal symptoms and to gain a state of oblivion. Abuse of the drug in Western Europe and the Caribbean has been reported over the last 10 years. In Germany, Roche recently removed the 2-milligram dosage from retail distribution—restricting it to hospital use only—due to the increasing abuse of flunitrazepam in that country.

In the United States, flunitrazepam is used widely in Texas where it is popular among high school students. Flunitrazepam is reported to be readily available in the Miami area, and epidemiologists from that area have stated that it is South Florida’s fastest growing drug problem. Additional reports from Miami indicate that the largest and fastest growing group of flunitrazepam users are high school students who take the drug with alcohol or use it after cocaine ingestion. Two common misperceptions about flunitrazepam may explain the drug’s popularity among young people: first, many erroneously believe that the drug is unadulterated—and therefore “safe”—because it comes in presealed bubble packs; second, many mistakenly think its use cannot be detected by urinalysis testing.

Flunitrazepam is sold under the trade name Rohypnol, from which the street name “Rophy” is derived. In South Florida, street names include “circles,” “Mexican valium,” “rib,” “roach-2,” “roofies,” “roopies,” “rope,” “ropies,” and “ruffies.” Being under the influence of the drug is referred to as being “roached out.” In Texas, flunitrazepam is called “R-2,” or “roaches.”

5. telefone

telefone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    wowzer...for some reason i always thought roofies and GHB were the same thing just different names. Very interesting post and setting my record strait.

6. 32785

32785 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have had roofies once before. I will tell you what little I remember. i had about 10-12 friends over to spin records. one friend came over with a little "surprise". I thought he just had some x or somethin'. but once i was informed, i was quite excited. I had heard before that this shit makes you completly oblivient to most everything around you, you just don't give a fuck. me and 5 others each took a hit and waited. the shit kicked in sooner than i thought, i am still amazed about what little i remember. never been a fan of "sitters" but am sure glad we had em'. one buddy actually took some footage on a digital camera while we were high. I woke up remembering hardly anything, and even after I watched the tape, i still couldn't recall. that sure is some fun shit to watch though, definately a keeper. all i know is that i got real fuckin' high and will probaly do it again.

7. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    WOW all that post told me was is that you a sick FUCK!! I would love to meet you some time...and [​IMG] then bust a nut in it so it burns worse.

8. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Just realized i came off like a complete psycho in my reply...GOOD
    (some occasions call for it) I really hope that post wasnt out of
    interest of date rape! If its that bad get a job cleaning toilets and
    save up for a hoe no reason to hurt others over a nut. if it was for
    date rape purposes then maybe before you act go talk with some victims
    (supervised visit of coarse) and there families then re-think. if the
    post was not made with harmful intention my bad. otherwise see
    you in hell[​IMG]!

p.s. also interview some people in prison for rape before you make up
    your mind and ask em how many times they have been a cum dump when the
    boys hear what there doin time for

9. par excellence.

par excellence. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm curious as to why you would want roofies... planning on raping someone?

Haha.

Roofies are one of the few drugs I can honestly say I would _NEVER_ do... EVER.

10. joemomma

joemomma Newbie

Reputation Points:

GHB is almost as bad I oly had one experiance with it me and my cousin
    and a friend took it about an hour later my cousin was out cold.
    I didnt think much off it at first but when someone came buy to pick up
    some coke and the lock box key was in my cousins pocket.. well it was
    pretty much tossing him around the room I was starting to get scared
    then he woke up said about 3 words and fell asleep standing up. this
    went on for about 30 min. he talked to me for a while and didnt
    remember a thing in the morning. I had fun on GHB but some people just
    dont react to it well if he was a woman I have no dought that I or we
    could have raped him that shit scares me I warn everyone I know about G
    I love it but for females I recomend doing it around someone they trust

11. xctico

xctico Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male from costa_rica
    I've done roofies many times, we used to do em after school all the
    time when I was living in nicaragua[sometimes during school]. I have a
    very high tolerance to depresants and benzodiazepines [I took
    clonazepan for about 4 years, from 1 to 3 pills a day, mostly orally
    but some times snored], I could even take a couple of valium and still
    stay awake. So the roofies just gave me a buzz, I felt as if I was
    totally drunk, hitting the walls, falling around [kind of hard to
    walk]; and it was basically cheaper to get than beer and easier o drink
    without too many people noticing.

Some of my friends use to mix it up with coke to stay awake, but I
    never really liked tinkerbell, so I use to take tiamina [a caffeine and
    b12 pill] when I needed to wake up.

Now a days I don't play around with pills anymore, it just fux up my
    mind too much... I just take the ones I have to, at the right dosages.

12. xctico

xctico Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male from costa_rica
    You won't find it around the states, take a trip down south to nicaragua... they sell it OTC over there...

13. Lacognac69

Lacognac69 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    From the people i know who have done roofies and ghb they have said that roofies was a waste. Ghb was much like alcohol if you didn't have too much otherwise you probably would pass out. Roofies on the other hand have similar effects too, but you won't remember much if anything of what happened which is why people use them for date rape. I think ghb gets a bad rep because it seems to me that people really don't use it much for date rape, because the person could probably remember some of what happened.

14. Amenselah

Amenselah Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    u can get roofies oversears...

hint..Brazil...Gerkhes [​IMG]

15. lancelot

lancelot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    how does roffies compare to 15mg of midozalam/versed pills?

16. lancelot

lancelot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    roffies are illegal in the US due to the whole date rape drug crap like
    with G. but roffies are readily availble in most foreign countries. the
    real date-rape drug is alcohol.

17. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Alcohol is really the number one date rape drug. My good friend
    was given an almost lethal dose of ruffies by some guy who tried to
    rape her. Luckily he just stole her money. She had to go to
    the hospital beause that idiot gave her a near lethal dose of the
    shit. Don't think about using it as a date rape drug because that
    is just wrong. Flunitrazepam (Rohypnol) is schedule 4 in all 50
    states in the USA except Oklahoma, Idaho, and Minnesota. It is
    schedule 1 in those three states. REMEMBER that alcohol is the
    number one date rape drug, but ruffies are very effective because the
    victim might just pass out and not remember what the hell happened to
    them.

18. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Roofies are nice. I've done them a couple of times. I quit though, since i don't like the amnesia i got from them. I still take them now and then, but if you cant remember having a good time, whats the point?

19. x0cHiPiLLi

x0cHiPiLLi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    They are just a benzo!

Beeing illegal in the US is what makes them "more different" than the
    other benzos... Every benzo is different and rohypnol is a strong one,
    but it's just another one.

I think u can compare rohypnol with a combo of diazepam and midazolam, but the duration is higher...

Anyone who is accostumed to benzos, the amnesia will not be that strong!

20. testodan

testodan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Roofies is the only benzo you can find in the black market(obviously the only benzo junkies and drug consumers like).
    Since 8 years pharma company changed the pill so as preventing being dissolved on alcohol or any liquid.Before this ,was the regular white pill easily dissolved and now appears to be green ,hard to dissolve ,even to take subliqually.It also, if you take it subliqually your whole mouth turns on a green colour.And would say like it most from what been tried and totally aggree with some of the previous posts about aggressiveness, and weird stimulation.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013