Rootbark to purchase

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by NeverSober, Jan 23, 2007.

1. NeverSober

NeverSober Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    How much root bark would be necessary to do an extraction by my friend? HE had found it for dogfood in my nostrils..sound like a reasonable price? Will 25 grams be enough, I will be the only one trying, looking for one to two trips minimum.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2007
  2. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  3. NeverSober

NeverSober Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    EDITED: How much tree bark would I need for succesful extraction for a good amount of DMT?

4. Senor Gribson

Senor Gribson Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    in swim's experience 25 grams of root bark is 2-3 doses in ayahuasca form. I do not know what kind of yield You should expect from the extraction, but from experience he knows that extractions of very small amounts of anything tend to not work very well.

5. NeverSober

NeverSober Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.

please go into further detail about this ayahuasca form.........

6. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If You does not know what ayahuasca is, and is considering involvement with DMT, then I'd gently suggest that You needs to do a lot more homework.

7. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A kilo of average bark yields between 5-10 grams of DMT, with average being around 7g of white or clear (depending on crystal size) DMT.. Some high quality mexican bark has even given higher percentages..

8. Senor Gribson

Senor Gribson Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    10 grams of dmt!!??

if I had that much, he'd see if he can form all the dmt into one big crystal and keep it on display somewhere :D
    maybe he should try the extraction himself some time

9. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    The lowest I have seen on the boards and the lowest I has tried is four ounces, (112 grams). I think with one gram your yields would go down, unless you got a very small pot to cook the bark in (because otherwise the water would just boil off quickly, and damage the DMT). Also you would need a very thin glass container to do the extraction in because the non-polar layer needs to be reasonable height above the polar layer so you can extract. Maybe a graduated cylinder would work, but the cost of one would be more than the difference between buying one ounce and four ounces. In addition the freebase crystals are pretty hard to manipulate and if you're only dealing with 100 mg or so you're going to lose a much larger proportion than if you're dealing with 2 grams.

I would highly recommend that you don't try anything less than four ounces if you want your yields to be anything respectable.

Good luck, recrystallization's a bitch. You need to store the polar extract for a very long time (months) to get fat crystals, though dealing with those small bitch crystals from a 3-day recrystallization is annoying enough that swim almost would wait a few weeks.

10. dreamatrix

dreamatrix Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    best advise swim can give you is start with at least a 100 and try to find out from the vendor what the average alkaloid percentage is ,, so You is not looking at an empty dish wondering where all the goodies are

11. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Asking vendors for alkaloid percentages may not be a great idea, seeing as if they answer, they may have johnny law comin to visit..