Rough idea of Dicanol dosage required please!

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by acenicho, Apr 6, 2006.

1. acenicho

acenicho Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    Just out of plain curiosity, what is a recommended dosage for Dipopanone or Dicanol as some of you may know it.

Thanks!

2. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from opioids.com

The synthetic opioid dipipanone is infrequently used in the UK in the management of malignant pain, principally because of the inflexibility of the Diconal combination preparation (dipipanone 10 mg with cyclizine 30 mg). We present three patients in which dipipanone elixir proved to be their own drug of choice in the management of opioid responsive cancer pain, and our experience with 15 other patients. Dipipanone elixir was formulated 10 mg/5 ml, in single strength chloroform water.

3. acenicho

acenicho Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    Does that mean if someone was to come across some Dicanol they would be 40mg inc dipipanone and cyclizine?

Im still unsure of a recreational dosage?

Thanks for your reply though!

4. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I don't even know whether it would be safe recreationally. It's a mixture of 2 drugs that both slow down the heartbeat.

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Large doses of cyclizine act as an anti-cholinergic delirient, causing hallucinations that are indistinguishable from reality. Much like Jimson Weed. One's monkey would be advised to steer clear of this.

6. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.

Although the above may be scary SWIm would like to add it makes a very interesting journey. If you plan to use cyclizine definatly have a sitter and be ready to enter the world of a nightmare reality.

7. acenicho

acenicho Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    At what dosages does cyclizine become trippy?

8. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    For SWIM cyclizine began to give him Delusions and hallucinations at 350mg but these increased at a dramatic rate up to 600mg. I believe that 600mg was a dangerous dose and would definatly not exceed it. at 600mg SWIM really could not distinguish between reality and fantasy. Like living an attual nightmare, even his sitter was not recognisable. That kind of dosage SWIM advises strongly against, but lower dosages can be interesting.

Still however make no mistake even at lower dosages the experience is no pleasent and is commonly scary.

9. acenicho

acenicho Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    Surely then anyone taking Dicanol wouldnt have to worry about the cyclizine dosage as its only 30mg/tab and so far the best information I can find recommends dipipanone dosages of around 30mg. Meaning 90mg cyclizine. Surely this amount is of no trouble?

Also, can anyone confirm this Dipipanone dosage?

10. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    all i can say is that 90 mg of cyclizine will not cause any recreational effects and assuming you have no sensativity to it will cause no dellusions or hallucinations. The most you will experience from that dose is a decreased nausia and sickness and perhaps a little heaviness in your limbs from cyclizine but i wouldnt say its noticable at that level.

It might be worth noting though your talking about drug synergies, these can increase potency and effects of drugs dramatically. Im not sure whether the other actives in your drug mixture would cause cyclizine to become more active.

Hope i helped

11. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    On a further note in relation to your previous question cyclizine medical dosages are as follows:
    50 mg per dose
    leave 4 hours between dosages
    150 mg dosage max per day.
    200mg max in post theater treatment used with other sedatives.

12. acenicho

acenicho Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    Thanks for the info on cyclizine. I shall keep it in mind. I do wish someone could help me with this dipipananone dosage though!

13. acenicho

acenicho Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    Sorry, Dipipanone... Its no good asking for information about something I cant even spell really is it?!?

14. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    wish i could help further but i'd just be googling stuff for you, my knowledge doesnt really cover Dipipanone.