Safe-surfer or Bareback-rider...?

Discussion in 'Sex and Drugs' started by Micklemouse, Nov 9, 2005.

1. practice safe sex (i.e. use condoms)?

40.7%
  2. had unprotected sex with a complete stranger?.

42.6%
  3. have or had tests for sexually transmitted diseases?

11.1%
  4. have or had tests for HIV/AIDS?

5.6%
  5. have or had tests for hepatitis?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    A few days ago there was a thread (now closed) from someone who was very proud about his enlightened use of safe sex, as well he should be. Kind of got me thinking. There has been a lot of press in recent years about the rise of std's, HIV and Hepatitis, especially amongst the younger generations, and some concern has been shown towards those people who like to partake of a little something every now and then.

So, it got me wondering, just how responsible is this little community when it comes to sex?

No names, no packdrill. Serious callers only please, and all feedback welcome.

This is a serious issue, which if not thought about could have a serious impact on your fun.

2. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan
    Hey you can only vote once...what if you have more than one answer, or even all of the above ???

because you practive safe sex means you can't do tests ? hepatitis C you can get from sharing straws among many things, hepatitis A you can get from food if you're in the right places.

where I live doing an HIV test is standard before you stop using condoms with someone, waiting for the 3 months or not.

what a strange poll format.

3. pabel_giboon

pabel_giboon Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    113 y/o

Yeah, true, I qualify possitive for questions 1,2,4 and 5? How should I answer?

4. Unknown213

Unknown213 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This poll is a farce. No one is going to want to be the first person to admit to having unprotected sex with a stranger. I've had unprotected sex with girls that I was in long term comitted relationships with though. We were never tested however. I wasn't able to get this across in my response, but luckily I was once tested for hepatitus, so there was one poll answer that applied to me.

5. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan

I don't really see what's wrong with "admitting" that you have done something foolish and dangerous. I have done this, i'm not proud of it, and i was scared for a few months, got tested, it was ok. Same situation happened with someone who then became my girlfriend. When you yourself know that you are HIV negative, doing such is a thing is just dangerous for yourself. Some people shoot heroin, smoke tobaccoor play russian roulette, it doesn't make them criminals. What is criminal is doing the same thing while knowing that you are HIV +, or even not knowing... where i live tests are free and anonymous. A number, a slip of paper, no reason not to check up. And they also do Hep C and Syphillis while they're at it. but you do have to wait three months...

yeah this poll is stupid, at least its format is. I qualify for all of the forementioned.

6. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I know, Iknow, I didn't click the allow multiple votes button. It's my first poll and I fucked it up. So shoot me. Have asked for it to be changed though... Help me out Alfa! I feel like a fool!

Dogbert, noone will know if someone is the first person to admit to unprotected sex with a stranger unless they put post it in a reply. Unless you post a reply it's anonymous.

7. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I'm quite happy to state that I have done all of the above at various points in my life. I'm not proud of the unsafe sex, but these things happen.

What I am proud of is that before I had unprotected sex with my partner (we've been together for ten years now) I talked to him about my past and we took ourselves off to the GUM clinic together: We cared too much about each other to put each other at risk. Too often people make major decisions in their lives without actually thinking about it at all.

Girls out there: Please get tested for chlamydia, it's often symtomless, and is a common cause of infertility. It's also readily treatable with antibiotics.

Be Safe, Be Strong

8. Unknown213

Unknown213 Newbie

Reputation Points:

Good point about the anonymity.... Sorry for being so harsh in my criticism.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  9. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    okay first to admit. well to click at least.yeah I was young and a complete&utter idiot. luckily now hes more mature and has progressed to the complete idiot stadium. there was a stage in his life when there was only sex, honey and rockn`roll, and often he didnt care enough to use protection.

but he had a real eyeopener when one of the girls he was with in the past turned out positive for hepatitis C.

you may be spunned and high all yer want, but its really a matter of life and death. another friend that was a party girl found out she is HIV positive. when i asked her why she refused to use protection, she said that she was aware of the risk but she didnt care. fuck that attitude...well too late now, now is it...

plus as an annoying side note swims gf, knowing about his...erm turbulent past life style doesnt trust swim a bit and is forcing swim to take annual HIV tests...lol not that hes complaining, I am a little cheating, scheming bitch after all,lol

10. kaniz

kaniz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have had unprotected sex with strangers before. I dont really know
    why other then "it was a dumb choice". Thankfully, it's been a /LONG/
    time since then, and I've been tested twice since then and all came
    back clean - which I am damn thankfull for, as having gay unprotected
    sex is a seriosuly stupid thing to do.

Now that I'm in a LTR, living with them, and in a monog relationship,
    and have tested clean (both of us), we now have unprotected sex. I
    trust that he isnt going to cheat on me, and he trusts that I wont
    cheat on him. (and if he does cheat, he best damn use a condom!)

If I ever break up and find myself single, I'd always practice safe
    sex. It was a /dumb/ risk to do when I did it the first time, and I
    dont plan on repeating it. The 'enjoyment' of riding bare does not
    out-weigh the risk factors in it these days.

Yeah, it feels better, less hassle, etc, etc,etc.. but I'd rather deal with some less sensation then having to deal with HIV.

11. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Nice to see that people are being safe out there. Keep rubbering up folks. ;)

12. Panacea_

Panacea_ Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've only been with 2 girls that i had sex with , one relationship was 5 months and the one i'm in now is 9 months.. both unprotected but tested

I'm not the 'fuck a stranger' type so I dont use condoms
    I would offcourse if this were to happen! I'm not eager to become a statistic :)

peace & keep it safe

13. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    all of above but would be carfull if i was ever single again. i think there are always times people take the chance more so when there wasted. i know i am not the only one to have sex in a club with someone i dont know and not even think about protection. but if this happens you should at least be sensible enough to get tested afterwards innit. take care of your selfs can i just ask aswell why kaniz do you say especialy gay sex you have to be carefull ether way gay or straight or bi there is no more or less risk for any one group and if you belive so your listerning to the wrong people.

14. Lunar Loops

Lunar Loops Driftwood Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Could actually answer yes to three out of the five. There is also the fact that you could be in a long term relationship where your partner uses some other form of contraception (e.g. the pill) and there is enough trust between you to negate the need for the old rubber raincoat (I REALLY hate using those and I don't care what anybody says you do lose considerable feeling).

15. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Have never had unprotected sex with a stranger, but with a girlfriend. I wasnt worried about STD's as we were both complete virgins before each other, meaning no sexual activity of any kind. since then have had unprotected sex only once again not with stranger but was tested any way. both unprotected times were with a girl on the pill/patch so that wasnt a worry. Just be careful and make sure you know who your having sex with, without a condom. Which i will agree do suck very very much.

16. adzket

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    use the fetherlite ones there alot thiner than normal ones and super thin compaired to the extra safe ones. the feeling lost from fetherlite is minimul. though i dont realy see a bit less of a feeling as a major problem if it keeps you safe and helthy and the person or people you are sleeping with. also it stops unwanted childeren being brought into the world and getting a bad start in life. because they get adopted out have one or no parents, dont get love ect.... also with a bit less feeling you can go longer giving both people more injoyment for longer. i would like to know if any of you are religious but use condoms any way regardles of what your church or religious leaders say about it?

17. blue_eyes

blue_eyes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I answered number 2. However, I normally only have safe sex (except when in a monogomous relationship), but I've had a few occassions where I didn't use condoms.

I got tested 2 weeks after, then 3 months after each time that I did it.

I don't really know if you guys out there want to know this, but....

there's a certain thrill from just spontaneously fucking a stranger without protection. I don't normally do it, but just now and then I do. Its a bit like russian roulette though. I've been lucky so far, but I'll never know when it's going to cost me my life. So, I'm not doing it anymore.

Until the next time....

Nah.... not really. I'm wising up in my old(er) age!

18. blue_eyes

blue_eyes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi Adzket...

Just so you know where Kaniz is coming from.....

Unprotected gay sex, in particular is risky, due to the fact that it routinely consists of anal penetration by another man. Because humans weren't designed for this, the walls of the rectum are not as resilient as they should be, and this means that tears and breakages of the skin can occur easily. With direct access to the bloodstream, the semen can infect the person quite easily.

There is also the same risk for unprotected anal sex between a woman and a man. So, its not only unprotected gay sex that has the increased risk.

19. adzket

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    i understood where he was coming from as i am gay my self and yes there is risk from bleeding due to thin walls on the rectum but this does not always happen (useing lubricant and not being over rough when inserting the penis and during the first bit of the intercourse will reduce the risk of this) also there is a risk of the walls of the vagina tearing for women and also they have periods which of course means they bleed whilest the lose the lining of the womb. but what i wanted to point out is that imo there is no more risk for any one group of sexuality all have to be equaly carefull, some groups of peole though spread malisious propoganda that gay people are more at risk than anyone else and are responsible for the spread of sti's to everyone else, which is just not true and i was worry that this was the sort of gossip that kaniz had been listerning to.

20. Myzrael

Myzrael Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have had unprotected sex with a stranger. Drunk a bit too much and I thought " Oh , fuck it!" (literally) :p
    I should wear a condom but something those things are unpleasant or you don't have one near and do have the need.....stupid I know but still...