Combinations - Safe times to take Valium (Diazepam)?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by ironmics, Feb 3, 2007.

1. ironmics

ironmics Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    So I took two 5mg valiums yesterday(he's prescribed 3 a day for muscle spasms) about 8 hours later and not feeling any effects he decided to drink about 5 glasses of wine, thinking the valium shouldn't affect his system anymore. I found out the hard way that this was an absolute terrible thing to do, blacked out, and was hung over for most of the day. The valium is very nice for his back pain but isn't absolutely necessary due to scripts of percocet and tylenol 3. If he took a 5mg of percocet and 5 mg of valium tonight without drinking would he be ok or would the 10mg from yesterday still be floating around to fuck him up?

2. boylizard

boylizard Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Safe times to take Valium?

That alone may make You black out. I wouldn't suggest mixing any benzos with any depressants - from my personal experience and horror stories from others.

3. ironmics

ironmics Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.

Yea I thought this too, but this was how they were prescribed to him....crazy docs

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Small amounts of narcotics can be mixed with small amounts of benzo's. But the operative word is SMALL. 5 and 5 mg, as prescribed, would likely be fine - as long as SWIM truly needs them and has no intention of driving or performing brain-surgery.

Beware the desire to increase the dose. That's when all hell breaks loose.

5. boylizard

boylizard Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Yeah, the desire will be there. When swim pops a couple xanax (as last nite), the moment swim starts to feel good, he feels the complete, utter need to go pop a few more.

6. ironmics

ironmics Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.

Actually Swim's prescribed 10 mg of Oxy and 5mg of Valium, because he is rather opiate naturally opiate tolerant and hydrocodone isn't strong enough for him. Thanks for the info though Nagognog. I always gets scared with opiates because his brother is semi addicted to them, so swim hates having to take them and is going to try to find something that has a lower abuse potential than oxy, do you think ultram will kill the pain without the addiction?

7. boylizard

boylizard Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

SWIM hears ultram has a really, really wicked addiction, and a nasty withdrawal at that.

8. ironmics

ironmics Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.

Oh and swim definitely needs at least some tylenol 3 to make it through the day without intense amounts of pain. The valium has helped out greatly also but in't very comfortable taking both of these scripts. So he's thinking about going down to tylenol 3 and methocarbamol for the spasms, or check out how ultram works. Thanks for all the input though this forum is a great source of info.