Safe to import an RC.

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by renegades, Feb 12, 2007.

1. renegades

renegades Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Is it safe to import a small amount of an RC. Well, put swim in the place of customs who has found 100 mg of 5meo-dpt. However they don't know it is 5meo-dpt. So follow me on this and I will see what the process is to determining what is the drug. It is a bunch of mumble jumble, but I will see identifying what that 100 mgs are is difficult.

From the DEA steps on identifying drugs:
    In addition to the above studies which concentrated on specific drugs or drug groups, there have been a large number of studies which focused on specific instrumental techniques, analyzing two or more unrelated drugs or drug types in order to illustrate the utility of the described methodology, including: capillary electrophoresis: (general reviews) (583,584,585,586,587,588,589,590,591, 592,593,594,595,596,597), (general overview and reviews) (598,599), (general overview, comparing various CE techniques) (600), (review for court admissibility) (601), for separation and permanganate chemiluminescence on-line detection of some alkaloids with betacyclodextrin as an additive (602), for on-chip separation of amphetamine and related compounds labeled with 4-fluoro-7-nitrobenzofurazane (603), for enantioselective separations of various amphetamines and methylenedioxyamphetamines using cyclodextrins (604,605), for analysis and confirmation of synthetic anorexics in adulterated traditional Chinese medicines (606), for chiral analysis of drugs (607), for chiral identification of drug isomers (608), for chiral analysis of basic drugs using oligosaccharides (609), for chiral separation of basic drug racemates using linear, neutral polysaccharides (610), for chiral resolution of cationic drugs of forensic interest with mixtures of neutral and anionic cyclodextrins (611), for chiral separation of enantiomers of drugs using beta-cyclodextrin (612), for chiral separation of drug stereoisomers with cyclodextrins (613), for chiral separation of basic drugs using ionic and neutral polysaccharides (614), for ultra-fast chiral separation of basic drugs (615), for illicit drug seizures (616), for CE-TOF/MS of drugs of abuse (617,618), for separation of enantiomers of basic drugs (by affinity CE using a partial filling technique and "1-acid glycoprotein as chiral selector) (619), for separation and identification of amphetamines, methadone, venlafaxine, and tropane alkaloids by CE-electrospray MS (620), for separation and identification of designer drugs with CE-ionspray MS (621), for determination of drug-related impurities (622), for analysis of heroin and amphetamine (623), for simultaneous chiral analysis of methamphetamine and related compounds (624), for routine analysis of methamphetamine, amphetamine, MDA, MDMA, MDEA and cocaine with dynamically coated capillaries (625), for analysis of basic pharmaceuticals by CE in coated capillaries with on-line MS detection (626), for quantitation of common illicit drugs (627,628), for chiral separation of selegiline, methamphetamine, and ephedrine using a neutral beta-cyclodextrin epichlorhydrin polymer (629), for tropane alkaloids in a plant extract (630), for CE-DAD-electrospray MS of tropane alkaloids, hyoscyamine, scopolamine, and plant extracts (631), CEC: (introductory overview) (632), for simultaneous separation of acidic, basic, and neutral organic compounds, including strong and moderate acids and bases (633), for analysis of drugs of forensic interest (634); CZE: characterization of drugs of forensic interest by CZE/electrospray ionization MS (635), for chiral separation of amphetamine and phenylephrine, using cyclodextrins (636), for chiral separation of basic drugs using cyclodextrins (637), and for chiral separation of some basic drugs (influence of the buffer organic cation) (638); EKC: for chiral separation of
    Adulterants, Diluents and Precursors (general overviews of essential chemicals and precursors) (498,499), by GC, HPLC, and CE (500), by LC (for determination of non-UV detectable organic impurities) (501), by various analytical techniques (for determination of "secondary" drugs present in cocaine, heroin, marijuana and phencyclidine) (502); acetaminophen by Raman microprobe spectroscopy (503); acetic acid (in acetic anhydride) by NMR (504), dextromethorphan by MEKC (dextromethorphan, pseudoephedrine and guaifenesin) (505); diethylaminoethylaniline (comprehensive) (506), cis-and trans-2,5-dimethoxy-4,beta-dimethyl-beta-nitrostyrenes by FTIR/Raman (507); dimethylsulfone (overview) (508), (removal by sublimation) (509,510), by GC/MS, IR and GC/IR (in amphetamine and methamphetamine samples) (511); dimethyl terephthalate (and dimethyl phthalate) (comprehensive) (512), differentiation of dimethylterephthalate from dimethylisophthalate by GC/FTIR (513), identification of dimethyl terephthalate in cocaine samples (comprehensive) (514); dipyrone in pharmaceuticals with a flow cell containing gold electrodes (515); ephedrine/pseudoephedrine comprehensive (516), by CE, UV, NMR, and MS (for chiral recognition of the enantiomers of ephedrine derivatives) (517), by CE on a chip with amperometric detection (for chiral analysis) (518), by acetonitrile modified CZE (for ephedrine in ephedra callus) (519), by derivative spectrophotometry and ratio spectra derivative spectrophotometry (for simultaneous determination of pseudoephedrine, dexbrompheniramine, and loratadine) (520), by differential-derivative spectroscopy (assay of ephedrine/theophylline containing pharmaceuticals) (521), by an ephedrine based electrode (522), by a double-membrane ephedrine selective electrode (523), by flow injection - pulse amperometric detection (524), by GC (for determination of pseudoephedrine and diphenhydramine) (525), by GC/MS (for determination of ephedrine alkaloids and tetramethylpyrazine in ephedra sinica Stapf) (526), by HPLC (for determination of ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, norephedrine, and methylephedrine in Chinese folk medications) (527), by HPLC using chiral stationary phases (for separation of the enantiomers of ephedrine, norephedrine, and pseudoephedrine) (528), by HPLC and CE (discrimination of ephedrine and pseudoephedrine) (529), by HPTLC (for simultaneous determination of pseudoephedrine and cetirizine in pharmaceuticals) (530), by LC (for N-methylephedrine, after derivatization with 9-fluorenylmethyl chloroformate) (531), by LC (for determination of pseudoephedrine and carbinoxamine pharmaceuticals) (532), by proton NMR (for determination of ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, and norephedrine in bulk and dosage mixtures) (533), by RP-HPLC-UV (with data analysis to handle quantitation of overlapping peaks) (534), by SPE-LC/UV (for determination of 7 ephedrine alkaloids in herbal products) (535), by TLC and FTIR (for determination of pseudoephedrine in a pseudoephedrine/chlorpheniramine pharmaceutical) (536), and by impregnated TLC (for direct resolution of (+/-)-ephedrine and atropine) (537); ethoxy-1-(2-nitro-1-propenzyl)benzenes by FTIR and Raman (538); guaifenesin by HPLC (539); 3-hydroxy-N-phenyl-2-naphthalene carboxamide (comprehensive) (540); lactitol in cocaine by NMR and IR (541); 4-(N-methyl-acetamido)-antipyrine (comprehensive) (542); paracetamol by FTIR (543), by ion chromatography (544), by reflectance NIR spectroscopy (545), by NIR transmittance spectroscopy (546), and by simultaneous stopped-flow determination and FTIR (for paracetamol, acetylsalicylic acid and caffeine in pharmaceutical formulations) (547); pheniramines by CZE (for pheniramine, chlorpheniramine, and brompheniramine) (548), and by an imprinted sensor (for chlorpheniramine) (549); phenylpropanolamine by HPLC in pharmaceutical preparations (using 4-dimethylaminobenzaldehyde) (550); procaine by spectrophotometry (using p-dimethylaminobenzaldehyde) (551); quinine by flow-injection chemiluminescence (552), and by HPLC with polarimetric detection (553); safrole by SFC extraction and GC/MS (for determination of safrole and related allylbenzenes in sassafras) (554); sugars by GC after derivatization with trimethylsilylimidazole (for quantitation of sugars in drug samples) (555), theophylline by adsorptive cathodic stripping voltammetry (556), by a flow fluoroimmunosensor (557), by micellar LC and spectrophotometric detection (558), and by UV and HPLC (559); thiamine by cathodic stripping voltametry (560), by cyclic voltametry and HPLC with amperometric detection (561), by flow injection turbidimetric determination using silicotungstic acid (562), and by spectrofluorometry (563); and as one can see Research Chemicals are quite down the list of tested compounds.

What the DEA worries about most is methampetamine, followed by Cocaine, then Heroin and its cousins, MDMA and its cousins and Marijuana from getting into this country. Plus they look for semi-large shipments. Next on their hit list is GBL and GBH, controlled II. IV,V sedatives, LSD is next, methaqualone follows, mescaline is next : even the DEA acknowledges that Research Chemicals designer drugs are unusual: dihydrobenzofuran analogues of hallucinogens (1313), lactam analogs of fentanyl (1314), methylenedioxyisoquinolines (1315), synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of ring-methylated 3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamines (1316), reference directory of designer drugs (1317), 1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-isoquinoline analogs of phenylalkylamine stimulants and hallucinogens (1318,1319), and the texts by Ann and Alexander Shulgin (1320,1321) are used to determine the Research Chemical involved. It is usually done with the leftover samples that were tested for methampetamine and MDMA.

So as swim can see his little 100 mg of 5meo-dpt is way down the testing list and that the DEA will run out of the sample before determining what it was. There are so many dangerous and addictive drugs out there, that is what the DEA wants to stop coming into the country. Meth, Coke, Herion MDMA Marijuana, and a host of other drugs are tested first before an Research Chemical evaluation is done and that isn't a perfect science relying on the texts of Ann and Alexandar Shulgin.

Play by the rules and the DEA just might overlook a 100 mg package of 5meo-dpt and probably after running its preliminary tests to show it as a non-controlled substance will just dispose of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  2. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    and i met a guy who swears he met a guy who knows Santa Claus exists, and i trust the guy i met fully.

do not generalise at large, any quick perusal of Microgram will reveal a breadth of forensic methods which may or may not be employed on any given sunday by the customs officer itchin to fill quota newly stipulated so he can go home and soak his 'rhoids - saying nothing of the eager beaver PhDs in the enforcemet agencies.

again, say if a blocked moron ods' on your favorite alphabet soup combo, will that not obviate the conjecture of presumed safety?

safe is as safe does.

3. renegades

renegades Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Ok, name swim one person who is doing jail time for importing an Research Chemical in the USA, that was not a dealer. I have not heard of any, and Swim reads the DEA Feed of news every day for over a year. So far swim only gets in trouble is for trafficking in RCs. Those people get busted is when there is an investigation into ODs or death. Swim have not heard Customs arresting anyone for importing a small amount of an Research Chemical for personal use, however a few times they might confiscate the package and dispose of them. Swim can't say this for sure though. So maybe Santa Claus does exist. The purpose of the posting, true they could skip some steps, but then is might not be permissable in Court as evidence is certain protocols are not followed.
    I wanted to emphasize that swims' 100mg cannot be identified without extensive and expensive testing, is it speed, herion, cocaine, mdma? Those are the first tests, plus persursors are also tested too. There already exists a lot of Scheduled I-IV drugs they must test for before testing for an RC. This all might change in the future, but for now, I think it is pretty safe. Not encouraging it but just providing information from the DEA bullentin.

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Ahh, you are talking about the USA? Please mention that in your opening post / question.

5. senorsalvia

senorsalvia Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    On a side note: I had an occasion approximately 3 years ago where he was standing in a US courtroom and being sentenced to 50 days time served for 25.3 grams of MJ.... After the judge told Swim he was going to be released, Swim spoke up and asked the judge "where's my other legal drugs?" The judge looked around in confusion.... Swim told him to look on the police report and he'd see where the arresting officers also found several baggies of a green leafy substance that the officers felt was not marijuana, but they had no actual idea what it was..... The juge asked Swim "what was the other stuff in thos other bags?" Swim told him it was a legal medicinal herb.... Judge then asked Swim, "what's the other herb called?" Swim said "well your honor I call it mine cuz I bought and paid for it, it's a legal substance, and if you are not prepared to have it tested and then charge me with some crime; then, I want my property back!!!..... :crazy The judge mutter something to himself, and shook his head... Then, he tols Swim to go down to the property room and he could have his belongings....;) ---- Swim damn sure went to the property room!! He retrieved his 17 ounces of Salvia!!!!!:cool: --- sal

6. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    hmm, why in the world would i name anyone, even should i be privy to such info. but ismene should ring a bell...happy campers all of them, after a change of underwear, to be sure.

btw, incredibly quick field tests using commonly avail reagents can be used to ascertain the presence of a psychoactive tryptamine, should any sort of blanket scheduling come into effect, m'afraid that will be used as evidence with no need for chromatomass apparatuses or LHCs

7. renegades

renegades Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yep, if every tryptamines become scheduled, companies would come up with some field test, then that will lead to some company coming out with a piss test, then companies and police will start checking people for tryptamine use. Yes sadly, once a law is passed, the do strictly enforce it sometimes with draconian measures including invasion of privacy, failure of presumed innocence, all building blocks of our Bill of Rights is being trampled on under the guise catching the drug user. Persecuted, humilated, ruined lives, familys pulled apart, this many times does not happen with drug use but happens when the police enter the picture with their hard love and make you disappear for a few years.

8. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    If you're importing amounts less than a gram and there's no obvious paper trail, at the moment it seems customs don't consider you worth the effort of a prosecution. However, it's extremely naive to think this means it's safe to import scheduled drugs and possible analogues. I guess it depends how high you value your safety but there are plenty of simple field tests for Research Chemicals and even reagent test kit you can buy in head shops can differentiate between phenethylamines...