Question - Safe to Take LSD When Feeling Unwell?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by heelpmeee, Apr 5, 2006.

1. heelpmeee

heelpmeee Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o
    hi everyone
    SWIM (Someone who isn't me) was wondering if anyone knows if a sore throat affects candyflipping (a trip with acid + xtc) together, if so how?
    thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2006
  2. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Other than being rather annoying and a possible focus for anxiety and subsequent negative thought loops SWIJ can't think of anything. Unless you's (Someone Who Isn't You) throat is so sore they can't swallow the stuff in the first place (in which case save the drugs until the throat is better.)

3. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    sore throat is a sign of a weakened immune system, in which case there are 2 possible scenarios:

1. you will get sick as a dog after you come down.
    2. the LSD will cure what ails you.

so why not save the occasion till you feel 100%?

4. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I took lsd for the first time when he had a sore throat. The experience was nothing short of magical but the next day I did feel like shit. He actually felt better than before he took the lsd but it definitely did not cure the sore throat/sickness.

You might tend to focus on the area that is bothering you during the trip causing anxiety and possibly a bad trip. I recommend not taking lsd + mdma or either alone if you are short of 100%. The experience will be much more enjoyable if you dont have anything on your mind.

5. treefingers49

treefingers49 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Tripping is both physically and mentally exhausting, especially a good dose of LSD. I would recommend waiting until you're completely healthy, otherwise the experience could leave your immune system weak enough for an illness to take over.

6. rizla677

rizla677 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    Not Well: Should They Trip On LSD?

my friends have managed to get hold of lsd for once. but I am all mangled from flu. my friends are planning to uber trip tonigt. I don't really feel up to it but good acid comes round this area every three or four years. should In just do it with his mates. or just wait another couple of years for the next round. thuis is very upsetting

7. rizla677

rizla677 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    did acid a few months back but it was shit had to do twelve tabs with only minor visuals. is swim destined to not trip forever?

8. big-lester

big-lester Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    if its not really really heavy or annoying than You should be fine. but if You really has the flu, than SWIBL wouldn't do it.

but since You is only able to get ahold of it only once in a few years it would almost certainly be the best option to just save it for a few days later when You is feeling completely well again, right? i mean it should be done in a perfect state, and especially if you can never get ahold of it. i'm sure if your friends ae normal they will wait a few days until You is sure the noting can bother him. cuz it MIGHT ruin you's trip. it MIGHT.

but I wish You fun anyway, be sure to let us know how it goes.

cheers

9. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Just store it and wait until you's back to 100%. As big-lester said, if it's only a minor cold it shouldn't matter, a major flu on the other hand means You should rest up and not bother.

10. rizla677

rizla677 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    swims al better now! and found out he can score acid quite easily. (long waiting time though, have tom place your order two weeks in advance) so his friends can trip again wo wo wo wo0tr
    easy

11. RunRedFox

RunRedFox Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Is it safe to take LSD when sick?

swim currently has bronchitis with a mild fever and some body aches. I also have some liquid acid and promised some friends a bicycle ride(while tripping) in the park in two or three days.

I was curious if anyswiys has had experience tripping while sick, any advice or any information that I should be made aware of.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  12. Dalfir

Dalfir Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.
    Re: Is it safe to take LSD when sick?

I'd suggest against it...You wouldn't want the feelings of a scratchy throat and aches to be amplified. Also, You should rather rest and sleep off the ailment than be running/cycling around outside.

Is You aware of the dosage of the liquid and how much there'd be per hit?

13. LiLiTH

LiLiTH Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from costa_rica

I took a drop while having a cold, it didnt had any direct bad consecuence except the obvious delay in recovery for being outside in the cold.

However I was not taking any antibiotics or medicine so she ignores that fact.

14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

One New Year's Eve Bongo was sick with the flu. It had been holding on quite awhile and Bongo was sick of being sick. So come phlegm or high-temeratures - he decided to attend a small gathering and all there partook of some very good LSD-25. As did Bongo.

The LSD was quite strong and ate it's way through the flu symptoms. Bongo forgot about being sick. The next day, after the LSD had worn away, Bongo noted his flu had vanished.

15. DryIce

DryIce Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o

Dios thinks you will hear multiple answers. Dios personally thinks that if you have a temperature that LSD has a chance of raising that temperature higher.

16. The Doors

The Doors Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

I have read that a small dosage of LSD can cure child autism

17. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Like Nagognog, one important time to consider Trippin' is when sick.

Many colds have faded away (especially when taken on the first main day).
    Of course, I have avoided a few colds by taking Vitamin C several times on a first cold day.

If you are NOT used to popping Acid, and riding-out the Trip in less-than-Perfect surroundings, it would be prudent to NOT take it when pretty sick.

You are a big boy. It's your Life. We do not know you.
    You may be very strong inside. Or, you may be very weak, emotionally.
    There IS a benefit to taking LSD under adverse conditions.
    It can strengthen your mind, and improve your Faith.

18. Henfer

Henfer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o

SWIM's always gets disconnected from the bad feelings of his body while tripping. even extra heavy cough attacks didnt reach his "attention" to a degree that would make SWIM feel uncomfortable.

LSD can help you or not. But dont take it while pregnant :p

19. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I will chime in and reiterate what solid said here. Unless You is an experience tripper and have ridden the LSD ride enough to understand how the beast may buck, then You should not attempt the ride while sick. An unexperience tripper could very easily fall into a lsd hole of focusing primarly on their illness symptoms, especially a fever, and have a terrible time.

Also, You should never do a drug that will weaken their immune system while they have a fever. Dancing and partying all night (especially outside) with a fever could cause your immuse system to weaken even more and worsen swiy's illness.

20. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.

An ancedotal report from swim, two Sundays ago I decided to drop a tab of LSD at the airport, when he was getting over a mild flu (light headaches and bodyaches), two days later he developed much, much worse flu symptoms that have lasted for a week so far. No these two events could be totally unrelated, but swim hypothesizes that he picked up something nasty in air travel transit because he was tripping and touching a lot more surfaces.