Extraction - Salting out mitragynine alkaloids for insufflation

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by snapper, Mar 13, 2007.

1. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    There is sparse enough information on useage of the pure alkaloidal extracts of kratom, but perhaps someYou might have an opinion on this.
    I have found that insufflation is a good route of ingestion of these products, particularly mitragynine which cannot be vaporized. However, the purified alkaloids I have are all freebases. I think they would work better as salts. I have tried to salt 7ACO mitragynine with citric acid but it is too sticky. I was thinkingof using a few drops of low molarity muriatic acid next (HCl) but was wonderning if any other I have tried this or has any better suggestions. These alkaloids are expensive and I only have a small amount, and does not want to waste it.

2. realfolkblues

realfolkblues Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim apologize for his lack of knowledge, but how would he convert the plant extract into freebase?

3. mushroom-man

mushroom-man Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hey try sodium bicarbonate.

Mush

4. realfolkblues

realfolkblues Newbie

Reputation Points:

Swim says try some pure citric acid. (Not sticky like lemon juice)

5. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I tried pure citric acid and it turned into a syrupy mess - no crystals. (gladly, the alkaloids are orally active and I found the effects the same / dose).
    I am wondering if fumarate or HCl might work ?

6. realfolkblues

realfolkblues Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My friend used HCI for a pfed extract. The results were good. The dose diferential for the HCI is whats going to be tricky with kratom.

7. kookoo4coca

kookoo4coca Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I want to know if HCL can be insuffalated, and is there any special preparation for it if it already comes in 98% crystallized form. He wants to know, can he just pour some up, and snort it right out of bag? I am a straight up newbie, just entering the wonderful world of ethnobotanics. Any help you could give is appreciated.

8. realfolkblues

realfolkblues Newbie

Reputation Points:

Start off with small doses. The mg content is pretty hard guestimate. Let swim know how it goes.

9. kookoo4coca

kookoo4coca Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanx, realfolkblues. Appreciate it.

10. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    As far as I know, all pure alkaloids are freebase. Check with the vendor if unsure. I have found that insufflating the freebase is active. However, a salt may work better, hence the post. I would also caution anyone snorting pure alkaloids that they can be quite strong depending on where they came from. Anyone experimenting for the first time should weigh and start at the lowest active dose, which by the way is not possible to measure by eyeballing what is poured out of the bag. Use a scale if not already doing so. I know that the first individual to kill themselves with kratom alkaloids will have nothing but ill wishes from this forum sent to them for the afterlife. Bongo may even call in a favor with satan himself. Any toxicity documented for this product will surely precipitate its illegality.

11. kookoo4coca

kookoo4coca Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Salting out mitragynine alkaloids for insufflation/ WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**all you's r 4 generalization, not to n e 1 particular**

I say, no thanks to pure alkaloids! damn, that's serious. one really has to know what they're doing. thanx snapper.

cause that's what I was trying to do, but not w/ kratom. w/ kanna. but since I has no chemical knowledge AT ALL, hell barely made it out of h.s. (bro i was so fried 1/2 the time) his knowledge is extremely limited. he really needs things broken down to retard level, and i ain't kidding ya. 2 many fucking drugs ruins the mind. he's slow as hell now. wish he would've found this b4 he practically fried his brain.

I think that sometimes guys with knowledge of certain things might not understand that even the simpliest of things to them, might be major to someone else, like my retarded ass:s sad but true. we don't know the plight of others. so I would say that it would be nice if people didn't just assume everyone is at or close to the level of understanding most of you older guys are, and keep things at dummie level. especially the explanation of processes.

things that are old hat to you, is brand spanking new to someone just entering this wonderful world. no one expects to be hand fed (atleast not me), but at the same time, if one STILL doesn't "get it" after doing their research, why do they have to be subjected to chastisements, UTFSE's, google it, and all other condescending and undermining statements and comments? why can't it just be explained AGAIN, until the person understands? i don't get it, so much disrespect to people when they ask a question... then what is this site really for?

what happens after a person has done everything you oldies feel one should do to pass whatever initiation/hazing internet shit you got going on here, and STILL doesn't understand? you say fuck him/her, let then blow their stupid asses up? I've thrown out Cser5 + H20YTH= rth&u with a shot of DMT and HCL give you KMNH78, which then turns into a smokeable resin:applause: great going guys, real fucking great.

you know what will get shit turned off around here? NOT because someone forgets to say SWIM, NOT because someone asks about a fucking vendor, NOT because someone is dealing through your site.. what will get shit notcied by the DEA and such.... is when someone fucking BLOWS up their neighborhood, or KILLS themselves and takes a few of their friends with them

THAT's how they will find out about this gateway WE'RE trying to protect....

all because some assholes with alla the knowledge, chose to whom and when to condescend and deign to dole out their vast knowledge either in increments, using terminology and processes that only a chemist would understand, or NOT answering a persons questions, and leave them to their own understanding of something, possibly to harm themselves or others.

now magnanimous of all of you...

12. Stuck

Stuck Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIsnapper,

you could always try to ask a vendor to reveal their secrets. I had a seen a few vendors with said product for sale.

13. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    kookoo4coca, if you cannot understand basic chemistry or terminology, then you will blow yourself up. There is no making it easy - one needs to understand what one is doing before trying anything dangerous. That said, people blow themselves up or burn off their faces every day trying to cook meth. Nothing new there. These are the people with no chemistry background. If you can't get to that point, You should buy drugs from someone else and spare youourself a lot of grief.
    I have asked one vendor but did not get any useful replies. Hence I plan to continue to try some new things. SWIM might even try to bubble some HCl gas through a solution of mitragynine soon to see if it wants to salt, then on to fumaric acid. Of course, this is low on the list of priorities, but one of these days I will get to it. SWIM encourages others my to inquire as to which vendors are selling salts and which are selling FB.

14. duaut

duaut Newbie

Reputation Points:
    kookoo4coca thats the same post at entheo dot, get a life, go study your chem, and maybe you'll deserve to make your get high supplies. why whine and complain on every forum you go to?
    nobody is hiding anything, the data is out there if you know how to data mine.
    you sound like a little 10 year old crying and bitching when he doesn't get their way.